gpu shortage

GloriousGamer321

Let me grab my crystal ball here...

Spoiler

Glossier Crystal Ball GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

We don't know. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 minute ago, CommanderAlex said:

Let me grab my crystal ball here...

Reveal hidden contents

Glossier Crystal Ball GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

We don't know. 

dat y i say think

every time someone asks when the gpu shortage will be over they add another 5 minutes to the shortage

Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 3700X @4.4Ghz, GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT, RAM: 32 GB (2x 8GB Trident Z Royal + 2x 8GB TForce Vulkan Z) @3000Mhz, Motherboard: ASRock B550m Steel Legend, Storage: 1x WD Black 1Tb NVMe (boot) + 1x Samsung 860 QVO 1Tb SSD (storage), Case: Thermaltake Core V21, Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

1 minute ago, Adorable Cat said:

every time someone asks when the gpu shortage will be over they add another 5 minutes to the shortage

omg i say think based off of the information now, calculate when it will be over

2 minutes ago, Adorable Cat said:

giphy.gif.cc09e6daca6b85251d7d374a2ad870cc.gif

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

4 minutes ago, GloriousGamer321 said:

dat y i say think

I'd propose possibly towards 2H 2022. I don't see it clearing up anytime soon, especially towards the end of this year and going into next year. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 minute ago, GloriousGamer321 said:

omg i say think based off of the information now, calculate when it will be over

That's impossible.

Just now, CommanderAlex said:

I'd propose possibly towards 2H 2022. I don't see it clearing up anytime soon, especially towards the end of this year and going into next year. 

okie thank

Just now, GloriousGamer321 said:

okie thank

Just an educated guess- a hypothesis. 

2023 is when we will start seeing more fabs come on line. however that doesn't fix all the GPU supply issues. mid to late 2022 it may get better or when crypto crashes hard. that will end up freeing up lots of stock but not all of it

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

When I stop buying GPU

Save me and my wallet, please

if I had to guess, mid to late 2022, though I'm not sure how the silicon industry will prioritize things, they may force wafers to be allocated to cars or other products first if situation is dire, because gaming is least essential item

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

it has  one in 7 chance of ending on a Tuesday.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

5 hours ago, Moonzy said:

When I stop buying GPU

Save me and my wallet, please

if I had to guess, mid to late 2022, though I'm not sure how the silicon industry will prioritize things, they may force wafers to be allocated to cars or other products first if situation is dire, because gaming is least essential item

Depending on profit margin, I could actually see GPUs (especially those for workstation and server) being prioritized over lower margin chips for automotive and other products requiring real-time controllers. 

Though realistically, Apple is king of the hill for chip allocation. 😅

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

OP, why do you ask? Do you need a GPU? Children today don't understand shortages because they grow up sheltered and spoiled.

There is a shortage going on which means, stop asking or thinking about GPUs and move on with your life. If you sit around and obsess with GPUs you will feel just hurt your own mental health. If you have issues doing this just disconnect yourself completely from all tech related news sources and on the 1st of every month check stock for GPUs or eBay to see if they're going for MSRP and repeat. Use whatever GPU you have, play on 1080p, play on low settings, but just stop thinking about GPUs or graphics. It's literally not good for your brain.

When Ethereum dies. We arent really facing a shortage. My local microcenter is well loaded with current gen cards, especially AMD gpus and lower end Nvidia which sucks for mining.

The main problem is the disgusting pricing due to miners and scalpers. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

6 hours ago, rickeo said:

That's impossible.

I agree. That is why I stop asking....

13 minutes ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

OP, why do you ask? Do you need a GPU? Children today don't understand shortages because they grow up sheltered and spoiled.

There is a shortage going on which means, stop asking or thinking about GPUs and move on with your life. If you sit around and obsess with GPUs you will feel just hurt your own mental health. If you have issues doing this just disconnect yourself completely from all tech related news sources and on the 1st of every month check stock for GPUs or eBay to see if they're going for MSRP and repeat. Use whatever GPU you have, play on 1080p, play on low settings, but just stop thinking about GPUs or graphics. It's literally not good for your brain.

That is good advice. Thankfully there isn't a shortage of food or soap.

Probably when ethereum goes proof of stake, supposedly some time in Q1 or Q2 2022. Until then bend the fuck over.

Wouldnt think there would be a gpu shortage in bigger countries.. Compared to where i live.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

2 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

I agree. That is why I stop asking....

That is good advice. Thankfully there isn't a shortage of food or soap.

There isn't a shortage of gpus either, they're flying off the shelves. Just a ridiculously high level of demand.

13 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

There isn't a shortage of gpus either, they're flying off the shelves. Just a ridiculously high level of demand.

Exactly, it's a component shortage, Nvidia can't make enough cards, AMD is limited by how many chips TSMC can make.

But i've seen articles saying the shortage could go on through 2022, but there might be new cards out next year, unless Nvidia plans to profit as much as they can from people buying overpriced GPU's.

54 minutes ago, wasab said:

We arent really facing a shortage. My local microcenter is well loaded with current gen cards, especially AMD gpus and lower end Nvidia which sucks for mining.

What, gt1030? Gamers don't want that either

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 hour ago, Moonzy said:

What, gt1030? Gamers don't want that either

I do.