ROG RIG Reboot 2021 Announcement

JonoT
37 minutes ago, Volvo240 said:

I may be able to it with sunglasses on or something XD. Also, I would have to do it virtually, we can't just leave for Canada.

If you can't show your face on video, then you cannot and will not win.

So no, it's not even worth it for you to enter.

as mentioned, blurred or obscured faces in videos are either members of the public or employees on probation. LMG has had a policy for a while that your first 3 months (from memory) of working there that you cannot show your face on camera.

Regardless of whether it's your parent's choice or not, IF you win there will be disclosures that need to be signed and if you turn around and say "i can't show my face/blur my face/i will have to wear sunglasses to hide my identity" then in the highest of likelyhoods that they will just decline and move onto the next possible winner.

Also as mentioned in the video, they will be bringing the winners to the office, so if you can't leave, then you're already out of the running.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

37 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Also as mentioned in the video, they will be bringing the winners to the office, so if you can't leave, then you're already out of the running.

Like I mentioned on the 2nd page I have a hard time seeing either LMG or ASUS paying for any US Citizens quarantine time required by law here if not vaccinated (it would be then unfair to those who won and vaccinated). I doubt that will be lifted as well before filming either (we would need a miracle for that to happen), which means someone who isn't vaccinated would have to pay for the 2 weeks which removes the savings of winning and likely be cheaper to just buy it.

Also their intention is to bring everyone(he said goal, not will), but they obviously can't promise it (boarders can close down again for non-essential etc, and yes winning a contest is a non-essential thing), however if a winner isn't vaccinated they can't exactly discriminate against them now can they? That's a lawsuit waiting to happen if they did. So I'm almost 100% certain that at least one will be virtual, because LMG has a timeline and I doubt they included the 2 weeks potential into it.

3 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

So I'm almost 100% certain that at least one will be virtual, because LMG has a timeline and I doubt they included the 2 weeks potential into it.

If you win you will be flown to Linus Media Group HQ and build a PC with Linus for a video!

If they have the option of selecting someone who can come in person, or someone who has to do it virtually, they are most likely going to take the one that can come to their office

however if a winner isn't vaccinated they can't exactly discriminate against them now can they? That's a lawsuit waiting to happen if they did

unfortunately, that's not LMGs problem, that's country and border issues. It's a competition/contest, not a necessity. They also never said anything about their vaccination status, their parent's might not be able to take the time off to go to canada. not to get into it too much because it's off topic, but the US and canada is already considering (or implementing) vaccine passports, that's not LMGs problem.

but that's all beside the point that every other suggestion they made would essentially make them ineligible anyway

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

If they have the option of selecting someone who can come in person, or someone who has to do it virtually, they are most likely going to take the one that can come to their office

unfortunately, that's not LMGs problem, that's country and border issues. It's a competition/contest, not a necessity. They also never said anything about their vaccination status, their parent's might not be able to take the time off to go to canada. not to get into it too much because it's off topic, but the US and canada is already considering (or implementing) vaccine passports, that's not LMGs problem.

but that's all beside the point that every other suggestion they made would essentially make them ineligible anyway

They can't discriminate against someone who is vaccinated or not that's the problem (which is also likely why they didn't bring it up or have it in the rules). They don't have to accommodate them during the 2 weeks however (they just have to cover their days at LMG and flights like the other winners) but they can't refuse them due to that status, it falls under discrimination both here and state side. So unless ASUS/LMG wants to potentially hand out a extra free computer or 2 (plus potential legal fees) they could be doing virtual again.

Yea no idea why they are asking here when it's their parents final choice in the matter, my solution of one of their parents doing it all on their behalf might work but not 100% sure, like their parents logic of past issues makes genuine sense as it sounds like police might have been involved at some point too. There are several reasons why they might not be able to come to Canada including work, but ultimately I'm not disagreeing with you even if they won unless someone can come here be on camera (or be on one virtually if it came to that) to build and accept the computer they won't win.

The whole passport thing is a nightmare (on both sides) that I would love to dig a hole, burry it and forget it even existed indefinitely, I'm not against it, but I'm not for it either esp how it's being done currently. Is it really that hard to lookup someone's name and enforce forgery laws 🤦‍♀️

7 hours ago, NZgamer said:

Ah yes, the singular United State of America

I noticed this yesterday. Auto correct gone rouge perhaps.

On 10/1/2021 at 3:25 PM, JonoT said:

The contest is only available to residents of the United States of American and Canada.

On 10/2/2021 at 12:58 PM, Arika S said:

I don't think i could watch a build with a 13 year old. There has never been a youtube video that i've watched with a young person in it that i wasn't cringing the whole time between first hearing the voice and clicking back, close, alt+f4 etc.

JayzTwoCents builds with his daughters are just wholesome, not a bit cringy.

On 10/2/2021 at 2:49 PM, LogicalDrm said:

Is there RRR build video without any cringe?

Isn't this a format where linus gets to mock PC building beginners in person? I did enjoy the RRR videos so far tbh.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Isn't this a format where linus gets to mock PC building beginners in person? I did enjoy the RRR videos so far tbh.

Unless they turn it around on Linus. Turns out he doesn't deal with that very well.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

2 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Unless they turn it around on Linus. Turns out he doesn't deal with that very well.

Any examples? I can't recall Linus struggling with that. Linus did a fuckin roast of himself.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Any examples? I can't recall Linus struggling with that. Linus did a fuckin roast of himself.

He didn't seem too sure on how to react to Madison.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 minute ago, IkeaGnome said:

He didn't seem too sure on how to react to Madison.

He behaved like every canadian would. He didn't want to overstep it and apologized. I actually think that was very cliche and funny.

1 hour ago, Stahlmann said:

One every year.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 10/2/2021 at 12:01 PM, Egg-Roll said:

think the US winners will be still done remotely esp if they require the 2 week quarantine, it would be unfair to expect LMG/ASUS to pay for that as well.

Maybe, but they did say that they wanted everyone to be in person. 

Probably its goging to be something like you need 2 tests and a vaccine to be in person, but idk

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

On 10/1/2021 at 3:25 PM, JonoT said:

The contest is only available to residents of the United States of American

A new country....noice!!!

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

i think i just got a original idea, not sure if it would be nice tho lol.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

8 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Maybe, but they did say that they wanted everyone to be in person. 

Probably its goging to be something like you need 2 tests and a vaccine to be in person, but idk

Personally I have no idea how LMG is going to even handle the whole issue, someone could lie to LMG break quarantine show up even with a negative test just for a free computer... Canada hasn't had the best track record of ensuring compliance, going so far as hitting the news of someone clearly not going to do it and never got in trouble for it... It's also stupidly easy to make a fake vaccine certificate (LMG wouldn't know the difference), 100% illegal but really easy. I would love to see everyone in person mocking Linus/other way around etc, but I feel like if someone who requires the 2 weeks (or a high risk state like Florida was a month ago) it would be just easier to do a virtual build for them, less headaches and technically safer for everyone.

Only way of finding out is waiting for the videos to show up, hope for the best, and pray not to see a WAN show title along the lines of "OH NO...(etc) "

First time posting here and submitting a video to this contest, and I'm curious about two things:

First would be how will I know if I won, and how long until the deadline will the winners be announced?

Second thing is that I put #ROGRigReboot21 in my video description, yet my video isn't showing up in the category for that hashtag on YouTube. Did I do something wrong? Will this hinder me when it comes to choosing the winners? (I did put the link to my video on Gleam.)

2 hours ago, Rived said:

First would be how will I know if I won, and how long until the deadline will the winners be announced?

The winners will be selected within week from end date. They will be contacted personally by email. You will have 24-48h to reply before they pick next. There's no "deadline" to announce winners. The announcement will be made when selection has been made.

Second thing is that I put #ROGRigReboot21 in my video description, yet my video isn't showing up in the category for that hashtag on YouTube. Did I do something wrong? Will this hinder me when it comes to choosing the winners? (I did put the link to my video on Gleam.)

Your video must be public in order to show. If it's unlisted, it won't show unless you use direct llink If it's private, it will only show to those you have selected by sending invitation.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

As Linus said in the video "the goal is to bring everyone in-person", obviously that'll be if it's possible at that time, if not they'll certainly find other solutions. But it would make sense that they choose people who already have everything in order for travelling should it work out. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

I want to know about the following 

• Countries for which Rig Reboot is available 
  • Expenses on the winner's end like visa, tickets and accommodation in Canada

14 minutes ago, ShadowUsher_26 said:
  • Countries for which Rig Reboot is available 

USA and Canada only.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, ShadowUsher_26 said:

Countries for which Rig Reboot is available 

US and Canada

Just now, ShadowUsher_26 said:

Expenses on the winner's end like visa, tickets and accommodation in Canada

IIRC LMG pays for your stay while shooting the video

elephants

1 minute ago, FakeKGB said:

US and Canada

IIRC LMG pays for your stay while shooting the video

is there a proper policy regarding this online? About the countries and the stay?

11 minutes ago, ShadowUsher_26 said:

is there a proper policy regarding this online? About the countries and the stay?

It would be in the contract youd sign when you accept the offer probably...

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

38 minutes ago, ShadowUsher_26 said:

Yes, under Terms and Conditions part of the competition form.
Plus, I think Linus mentions it during the video.

As for stay, it has been mentioned in past info videos and by LMG staff. Since it's only US and Canada, you don't need visa. Unless your stay in US is already with conditions (such as visa). You only need valid passport, and expenses related to getting one is on you (not covered).

E: Likely expenses to be covered:

• Flights to and back from Vancouver
    • Commute from airport to hotel, to LMG office and back
  • Stay at reasonable hotel at close proximate to LMG office
  • Dinner/food voucher per day of stay

Edited by LogicalDrm

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Guys, I have a slim form factor computer running integrated graphics on a AMD A8-6500 APU. 
Anyone down to help me get some creative ideas?

Thanks gamers