ROG RIG Reboot 2021 Announcement

JonoT
1 minute ago, zchen said:

The url I crossed out links to my channel and not the video that I submitted, idk what happened and idk how to fix it if its an error

You don't really have much options. Maybe contacting to Gleam support and ask them to remove your entry and redo it. I'm not sure if LMG has ability (or willingness) to do it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 minutes ago, zchen said:

The url I crossed out links to my channel and not the video that I submitted, idk what happened and idk how to fix it if its an error

What page did you copy the link from? If it's from your editing/upload page and not of the actual video that we would see, it's going to link to your channel. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

2 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

You don't really have much options. Maybe contacting to Gleam support and ask them to remove your entry and redo it. I'm not sure if LMG has ability (or willingness) to do it.

Oof, maybe ill just delete the video and save it for next years rog reboot lol

1 minute ago, IkeaGnome said:

What page did you copy the link from? If it's from your editing/upload page and not of the actual video that we would see, it's going to link to your channel. 

I copied it from the page it gives me after I publish the video, like a box in the center of the screen that let me copy the video link and a bunch of buttons to share it to various social media platforms. Idk if you know what I'm talking about but yeah maybe it was cause of that.

4 minutes ago, zchen said:

I copied it from the page it gives me after I publish the video, like a box in the center of the screen that let me copy the video link and a bunch of buttons to share it to various social media platforms. Idk if you know what I'm talking about but yeah maybe it was cause of that.

I think I do. Go to "My Videos", click options there, and get a sharable link. Maybe it'll handle it's self different there. I can't see the link you posted for the application, but it doesn't look right for a viewable video.

image.png.f9e3448eff092056fef2fcd6680aae50.png

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

25 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

I think I do. Go to "My Videos", click options there, and get a sharable link. Maybe it'll handle it's self different there. I can't see the link you posted for the application, but it doesn't look right for a viewable video.

image.png.f9e3448eff092056fef2fcd6680aae50.png

I dont think I can do that because I've already done the submission.

Do you guys know how to unsubmit an entree on the gleam video submission site? 

4 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

If you are under 18, you would need to have permission by guardian to be in video regardless.

I'm also pretty sure that they are looking for content with fully contributing participants. Going to them and saying they can't make content out of you is against the spirit of this.

Lastly, if you can't be you in a video where you are supposed to tell why you should win, it's unlikely you are picked. This is not random draw, they are looking for people who are creative, and could be fun to make video with.

I can slightly change my voice for the video, so it will have audio. Also, these aren't my rules, and I did get permission, (and a lot of encouragement) from my parents. He has some people that are like that, their faces and voices are blurred. I am not even sure if I will win, but if I do, will I disqualified for that? Thanks in advance!

Seems pretty self explainatory. Just put the YouTube link in and submit.

Screenshot_20211003-193117.thumb.jpg.13da8b002a01cb93a1473b2337116ad7.jpg 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

3 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

Seems pretty self explainatory. Just put the YouTube link in and submit.

Screenshot_20211003-193117.thumb.jpg.13da8b002a01cb93a1473b2337116ad7.jpg 

He's asking about how to remove his submission, which I do not believe you can. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

I wasn't ready to submit yet.

Just now, Mel0nMan said:

He's asking how to unsubmit.

Why do you want to unsubmit? 

Delete the YouTube video? 

Just now, CommanderAlex said:

He's asking about how to remove his submission, which I do not believe you can. 

Oops sorry! 

Well yeah, then either delete the video or make it private. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

But I have another video I wanted to upload instead.

11 minutes ago, Volvo240 said:

I am not even sure if I will win, but if I do, will I disqualified for that?

I would expect so. The whole point is to "connect" with someone in a pleasant and entertaining fashion, that's not really happening with a blurred face or changed voice. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

No, he would still here and see me fine, like with any video call. It would be just when it gets shared on YT.

7 minutes ago, Volvo240 said:

No, he would still here and see me fine, like with any video call. It would be just when it gets shared on YT.

I meant the viewers of the video, not Linus.

It's in person, the winners are flown to HQ, that's part of the whole concept, and them being seen in the published videos is just as much.

There is no reason LMG/Asus would select someone who cannot participate the intended way when there are hundreds of other people who can.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

It's in person, the winners are flown to HQ, that's part of the whole concept, and them being seen on the published videos is just as much.

There is no reason LMG/Asus would select someone who cannot participate the intended way when there are hundreds of other people who can.

Do you think it is even worth entering? If I could convince my parents to not have to use a blur, would that be ok?

46 minutes ago, Volvo240 said:

I can slightly change my voice for the video, so it will have audio. Also, these aren't my rules, and I did get permission, (and a lot of encouragement) from my parents. He has some people that are like that, their faces and voices are blurred. I am not even sure if I will win, but if I do, will I disqualified for that? Thanks in advance!

The people in the videos with blurred faces have been strangers in public shoots. They haven't agreed to be on camera in the first place, so they have option to either allow publishing or not. On very very few occasions you see whole video or clip to get removed for those reasons.

This is quite different as you are willingly taking part to something where you will be on camera. Setting terms on how to appear is not what they are expecting, easier is to pick someone else who is more than happy to troll Linus on camera.

What do you mean "not my rules"? If you aren't against the idea of being yourself on cam, and your parents are fine with it, whose the person/entity saying no?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LogicalDrm said:

The people in the videos with blurred faces have been strangers in public shoots. They haven't agreed to be on camera in the first place, so they have option to either allow publishing or not. On very very few occasions you see whole video or clip to get removed for those reasons.

This is quite different as you are willingly taking part to something where you will be on camera. Setting terms on how to appear is not what they are expecting, easier is to pick someone else who is more than happy to troll Linus on camera.

What do you mean "not my rules"? If you aren't against the idea of being yourself on cam, and your parents are fine with it, whose the person/entity saying no?

No it is my parent's rule.

I had 2 questions about the rules:

1. What's the last date for entries? The video said 7 days and the submission link says 5 now so that puts it at Oct 7-8th depending on how you count. I'd just feel a lot more comfortable with an actual date.
  2. Does it have to be PG? Obviously it has to comply with YouTube's rules (duh, that's where you upload to), but I have some ideas that might involve cursing, blurred links/images, or other content that I'd be surprised to see if it were uploaded by LMG. I'm leaning toward "yes" but again it isn't explicitly stated anywhere.

6 minutes ago, Deribus said:

What's the last date for entries? The video said 7 days and the submission link says 5 now so that puts it at Oct 7-8th depending on how you count. I'd just feel a lot more comfortable with an actual date.

It says 5 days left. It's already been up for 2 days.

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 hour ago, Deribus said:

I had 2 questions about the rules:

1. What's the last date for entries? The video said 7 days and the submission link says 5 now so that puts it at Oct 7-8th depending on how you count. I'd just feel a lot more comfortable with an actual date.
  2. Does it have to be PG? Obviously it has to comply with YouTube's rules (duh, that's where you upload to), but I have some ideas that might involve cursing, blurred links/images, or other content that I'd be surprised to see if it were uploaded by LMG. I'm leaning toward "yes" but again it isn't explicitly stated anywhere.

1. 7th day since announcement is 8th.

2. I'm gonna say that you are much safer bleeping and blurring stuff yourself than leaving that to LMG. You know that bleeping and blurring doesn't mean you have something to actually censor, right? Even LTT has done it just for the effect (see this years April Fools video).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

They haven't agreed to be on camera in the first place, so they have option to either allow publishing or not.

In Canada if the shot is done in the public domain (like a park or sidewalk) you don't need anyone's permission (else news crews would be sued into oblivion), same goes with the USA, the only reason why we see blurred faces is either LMG respects their privacy (and willingly wastes time on doing it) or they specifically asked to be blurred (complex workers who don't work for LMG and don't want to be on camera or people going up to them stating so). For private it could in terms of owning/leasing in the complex to blur all non-LMG workers unless stated otherwise.

The only 2 exceptions is if you need permits to film at the location (not always posted) and if your whole purpose is to talk to said strangers and the the first thing they state is they don't want to be filmed or along those lines. It's also why if you watch some of Mr Beasts videos they show people completely ignoring them they never said no nor did they give them permission.

Also, an exception to the exception, a person who is a potential hazard to you/others (like a raging lunatic) says they don't want to be filmed as long as the device never leaves your body willfully (hand etc) you are covered under your human rights both in Canada and USA regardless where you are (less like court houses etc).

Simply put there is no law stopping me from taking any one of my camera walking outside right now and start filming anything and everything viewable from the sidewalk (within reason), and no one can stop me, just like they can't stop Linus.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc-0YpRpqgA5lPTpSQ5uo-Q

4 hours ago, Volvo240 said:

No it is my parent's rule.

If it's your parents rules then they won't budge, and it's likely for your own safety. Maybe they'd be willing to submit a video on your behalf etc? Not sure if that's allowed but I wouldn't see why it wouldn't be.

1 hour ago, Egg-Roll said:

In Canada if the shot is done in the public domain (like a park or sidewalk) you don't need anyone's permission (else news crews would be sued into oblivion), same goes with the USA, the only reason why we see blurred faces is either LMG respects their privacy (and willingly wastes time on doing it) or they specifically asked to be blurred (complex workers who don't work for LMG and don't want to be on camera or people going up to them stating so). For private it could in terms of owning/leasing in the complex to blur all non-LMG workers unless stated otherwise.

The only 2 exceptions is if you need permits to film at the location (not always posted) and if your whole purpose is to talk to said strangers and the the first thing they state is they don't want to be filmed or along those lines. It's also why if you watch some of Mr Beasts videos they show people completely ignoring them they never said no nor did they give them permission.

Also, an exception to the exception, a person who is a potential hazard to you/others (like a raging lunatic) says they don't want to be filmed as long as the device never leaves your body willfully (hand etc) you are covered under your human rights both in Canada and USA regardless where you are (less like court houses etc).

Simply put there is no law stopping me from taking any one of my camera walking outside right now and start filming anything and everything viewable from the sidewalk (within reason), and no one can stop me, just like they can't stop Linus.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc-0YpRpqgA5lPTpSQ5uo-Q

If it's your parents rules then they won't budge, and it's likely for your own safety. Maybe they'd be willing to submit a video on your behalf etc? Not sure if that's allowed but I wouldn't see why it wouldn't be.

I may be able to it with sunglasses on or something XD. Also, I would have to do it virtually, we can't just leave for Canada.