ROG RIG Reboot 2021 Announcement

JonoT

I present my submission for Rig Reboot. Feel free to critique or even roast away. 

1 hour ago, DarthXeladier said:

I present my submission for Rig Reboot. Feel free to critique or even roast away. 

Pretty good ngl

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

4 hours ago, J-from-Nucleon said:

Pretty good ngl

Thanks, I tried to spend a lot of time making the lighting good and polishing the edit. 

On a side note, is anyone else surprised that there’s only been around 500 entries so far? Or do most submissions normally start to come in on the last 1-2 days? 

4 minutes ago, DarthXeladier said:

On a side note, is anyone else surprised that there’s only been around 500 entries so far? Or do most submissions normally start to come in on the last 1-2 days? 

Usually after the winners are chosen and the first video of a winner getting a free PC is uploaded to youtube is when we get the flood of people wanting to enter (about a month too late).

2020 was 3400 entries and 2019 was 3600. It does seem like there are less entries this year but I do expect there will be a last minute rush with uploads on the final day.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

19 minutes ago, DarthXeladier said:

Thanks, I tried to spend a lot of time making the lighting good and polishing the edit. 

Seems to be slower start than last year. After 5 days open, there were 1800 entries. Also more posts made.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Seems to be slower start than last year. After 5 days open, there were 1800 entries. Also more posts made.

So, a more civil one I hope?

(I hope I didn't jinx it)

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

27 minutes ago, J-from-Nucleon said:

So, a more civil one I hope?

(I hope I didn't jinx it)

Civil like what? Less spam and people using the thread like chatroom? Sure. But otherwise it's about same.

I'm guessing that after WAN, there will be surge (and then its already too late).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

How do I edit my video I just realized my video was 61 seconds long because my video had some filler at the end how do I resubmit

19 minutes ago, Milesb954 said:

How do I edit my video I just realized my video was 61 seconds long because my video had some filler at the end how do I resubmit

Go to the video then click Edit Video. Then on the sidebar click Editor. You can trim the video down within Youtube and that should keep the same video URL.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, I_ran_out_of_ideas said:

Can the video stay unlisted on Youtube?

Yes. As long as it can be viewed with link, it's fine. So public or unlisted. Private won't work.

But do note the Terms and Conditions of the competition. By participating, you give LMG and Asus permission to use your submission without further consent from you.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

when is the sugmission due? like what time and day just to be sure.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

55 minutes ago, adarw said:

when is the sugmission due? like what time and day just to be sure.

C2E429FE-0621-4438-87A7-A3E71082193B.jpeg

On 10/2/2021 at 3:25 AM, JonoT said:

The contest is only available to residents of the United States of American and Canada.

Aw COME ON!!! Ha ha.

Okay, to anyone out there who is participating, good luck!

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

I know this is not the official place to post, but even if I don't win I thought people here would find my video fun.

I know I had a blast making it.

EDIT: didn't even include it!

Currently have to game on Wife's PC (see profile) so instead here's my Home Theater Setup!

TV: 2019 65" Vizio P-Series Quantum X | Media Streamer: Roku Ultra 2020 | UHD Player: Panasonic UB820 | Consoles: PS5 with 4TB external SSC, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo WiiU (Ethernet to everything)

SOUND
5.1.4 AVR: Marantz SR6014 | 2 Polk S55 Mains, Polk S35 Center, 2 Polk S50 Sides, 4 Polk S15 Height Channels, HTS 12 Subwoofer

On 10/1/2021 at 3:25 PM, JonoT said:

Thanks to ASUS ROG for sponsoring this video series! Submit your entry at https://lmg.gg/m0sh0

We know building a PC can be both confusing and, most importantly, very expensive, especially these days. So we're partnering up once again with ASUS ROG to fly 3 lucky winners to build a PC at Linus Media Group HQ with Linus Sebastian! Good luck!

The contest is only available to residents of the United States of American and Canada.

If my submission has an annoying watermark in the middle, is that disqualifying? The program I have on my computer that will not let me get rid of the watermark, even though I have a subscription for it

Hey so this is my first post on here, so hello! 

Anyways I have a question about the rog rig reboot tournament. (Sorry in advance if I explain this very horribly) On YouTube there's the time stamp on the video thumbnail before you click on the video showing you how long the video is and that says 1:01 for my entry, however when you click on the video the timestamp says 1:00. 

So will I be disqualified because the timestamp on the video thumbnail says 1:01?? Thanks!

(Sorry this is not really in the right category)

Screenshot_20211007-225251_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20211007-225216_YT Studio.jpg

thats 1:01 long, just speed up the vid with kapwing for example just so it reaches 1:00 

-----------------

#

Probably. If you've already submitted the youtube video link in your entry use Youtube's editor tool to trim the video down by a second.

4 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Probably. If you've already submitted the youtube video link in your entry use Youtube's editor tool to trim the video down by a second.

gleam might have already disqualified them?

-----------------

#

11 minutes ago, adarw said:

gleam might have already disqualified them?

Gleam won't check the length of videos. It'll be the LMG staff reviewing the videos removing any that are over the time limit.

These are all pretty cringe anyways so I decided to embrace it. Hope I was original. Good luck everybody!

On 10/1/2021 at 3:25 PM, JonoT said:

Thanks to ASUS ROG for sponsoring this video series! Submit your entry at https://lmg.gg/m0sh0

We know building a PC can be both confusing and, most importantly, very expensive, especially these days. So we're partnering up once again with ASUS ROG to fly 3 lucky winners to build a PC at Linus Media Group HQ with Linus Sebastian! Good luck!

Can I have my shirt off in the video?

5 hours ago, JKOLAKF - U G said:

Can I have my shirt off in the video?

I mean... nothing in the terms and conditions says you can't...

Just be sure not to violate YT's TOS

Currently have to game on Wife's PC (see profile) so instead here's my Home Theater Setup!

TV: 2019 65" Vizio P-Series Quantum X | Media Streamer: Roku Ultra 2020 | UHD Player: Panasonic UB820 | Consoles: PS5 with 4TB external SSC, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo WiiU (Ethernet to everything)

SOUND
5.1.4 AVR: Marantz SR6014 | 2 Polk S55 Mains, Polk S35 Center, 2 Polk S50 Sides, 4 Polk S15 Height Channels, HTS 12 Subwoofer