ROG RIG Reboot 2021 Announcement

JonoT

Reading comprehension should be automatic reason to (dis)qualify. Also I'm surprised this is not to 10 pages yet.

Edited by LogicalDrm

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Reading compression should be automatic reason to (dis)qualify. Also I'm surprised this is not to 10 pages yet.

i expect to wake up tomorrow with the mods ripping their hair out.

God speed.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Good luck to the mods.....

Glad I ain't one of you in this season

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

4 hours ago, Spotty said:

Thread merged with the ROG Rig Reboot 2021 thread.

It is only available to residents of USA and Canada. You are not eligible to participate from Bahrain.

Maybe make that Bold in the post.....

How many people actually read before asking

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

1 hour ago, J-from-Nucleon said:

Maybe make that Bold in the post.....

How many people actually read before asking

Also all the 12yos coming. The age restriction is 13+. Which is purely about YouTube "made for kids".

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

14 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Also all the 12yos coming. The age restriction is 13+. Which is purely about YouTube "made for kids".

I don't think i could watch a build with a 13 year old. There has never been a youtube video that i've watched with a young person in it that i wasn't cringing the whole time between first hearing the voice and clicking back, close, alt+f4 etc.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

5 minutes ago, Arika S said:

I don't think i could watch a build with a 13 year old. There has never been a youtube video that i've watched with a young person in it that i wasn't cringing the whole time between first hearing the voice and clicking back, close, alt+f4 etc.

kids under 9 are okay, 10 to 13 are very annoying, 14 to 16 are mostly cringe.

I'm 15, and yes im cringe.... 

:0

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

Is there RRR build video without any cringe?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

no one can read this

make sure to like and subscribe

New Text Layer

i'm not pausing and doing investigative journalism to read your audition

fast moving text wowee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh_a0lWJJVo (this is a LTT video)

please linus i need a free pc so bad i'll just die if I don't win this contest also plz hire me after haha

I think the US winners will be still done remotely esp if they require the 2 week quarantine, it would be unfair to expect LMG/ASUS to pay for that as well.

20 hours ago, emosun said:

My machine is on a 12 year old motherboard and even I dont think id want an all asus ROG rig for free

Apply, Win, Sell ASUS junk, Buy what you want, WIN!

I have no logical reason to enter outside of trolling Linus but to do that is still not worth my time, but if I was to win that's exactly what I would do with the ASUS junk.

11 hours ago, Spotty said:

It is only available to residents of USA and Canada.

RIP to you guys, almost like they see the title and go directly to the forums to ask 🤦‍♀️

On 10/1/2021 at 10:03 PM, emosun said:

My machine is on a 12 year old motherboard and even I dont think id want an all asus ROG rig for free

a lot of effort for a small chance, that's far from free if you value your time

ಠ_ಠ

10 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Reading compression should be automatic reason to (dis)qualify.

I don't get it

ಠ_ಠ

8 minutes ago, shadow_ray said:

I don't get it

Non-native speaker + autocorrect.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 minutes ago, carsonb said:

Is there an age requirement?

There always is.

image.png.5e0540730950364a924d0b31709f8967.png

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

would we be able to do more than one entery?

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

56 minutes ago, adarw said:

Multiple entries are generally discouraged and most will be able to find them and disqualify the offenders. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 hour ago, adarw said:

i would think it should go without saying, that there is 1 entry per person. same as pretty much any other give away

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

image.png.3a748e95a62c0ee2177c2b1e8d75280b.png

I entered the rog reboot contest but instead of leading to the video when I click on the big red youtube thing it leads to my channel, is this what is supposed to happen? I'm sure I put in the right link when I submitted it. 

Just submitted my entry! I don't *actually* expect to win but I put forward a decent try and I had fun doing it. It was a good challenge to try to hit all of the talking points while trying to stand out from the crowd. Good luck to the winners!

4 hours ago, zchen said:

image.png.3a748e95a62c0ee2177c2b1e8d75280b.png

I entered the rog reboot contest but instead of leading to the video when I click on the big red youtube thing it leads to my channel, is this what is supposed to happen? I'm sure I put in the right link when I submitted it. 

Impossible to say when we can't see the URL.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I am not old enough to fly to Canada on my own, plus, I am not allowed to have my face/voice on YT due some very bad and creepy experiences with Google, do I still even stand a chance? I know the video is not a live stream, so would LMG just blur out my face and change my voice? I don't even think I will win, as there are people with better PCs that can edit videos faster than I can XD. Would any of this be an issue if I did? Thanks in advance!

33 minutes ago, Volvo240 said:

I am not old enough to fly to Canada on my own, plus, I am not allowed to have my face/voice on YT due some very bad and creepy experiences with Google, do I still even stand a chance? I know the video is not a live stream, so would LMG just blur out my face and change my voice? I don't even think I will win, as there are people with better PCs that can edit videos faster than I can XD. Would any of this be an issue if I did? Thanks in advance!

If you are under 18, you would need to have permission by guardian to be in video regardless.

I'm also pretty sure that they are looking for content with fully contributing participants. Going to them and saying they can't make content out of you is against the spirit of this.

Lastly, if you can't be you in a video where you are supposed to tell why you should win, it's unlikely you are picked. This is not random draw, they are looking for people who are creative, and could be fun to make video with.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Impossible to say when we can't see the URL.

The url I crossed out links to my channel and not the video that I submitted, idk what happened and idk how to fix it if its an error