ROG RIG Reboot 2021 Announcement

JonoT
7 hours ago, GillyBond said:

I mean... nothing in the terms and conditions says you can't...

Just be sure not to violate YT's TOS

Phew thanks dad 😄

Well, this will be interesting. For one, forum nor this thread really blew up like it did last year(s). The submission period is over, and I don't know if the competition was hyped by LMG in any way other than announcement video. Not in WAN Show week ago. So I guess, surge of posts will come in 2 months when videos come out.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2020: 3412 entries.

2021: 1092 entries.

Both years had the same country restriction; NA US & CA only. Interesting drop.

Edited by lewdicrous

4 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

Both years had the same country restriction; NA & CA only. Interesting drop.

Indeed.

What I find interesting is how poorly the ROG Rig Reboot announcement videos do compared to other LTT videos. Pretty common for LTT videos to get around 1.5M-2M views these days, while this announcement video only had 450k views. Last years announcement only 767k views to date. I would have expected videos with "Win a free PC" in the title to do much better.

Oh well, fewer entries improves the odds of people who did enter. Best of luck to everyone who participated this year.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

36 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

Both years had the same country restriction; NA & CA only. Interesting drop.

It was barely advertised. All i saw/heard about it was the announcement video, that's it. I'm sure they have mentioned it multiple times in past years across different videos. even on twitter, it was a single post and nothing else.

Maybe this will be the last RRR if there's not enough interest any more

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Or it's intentional because 3500 entries or even more if it grew further is just unmanageable, it's almost 60 hours of video to view and rate. Also rewards avid followers who are more likely to see the announcement.

Only 3 people are needed, if there were only 100 submissions that would be more than enough to make it a competition already and it would be a lot more practical to manage.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

16 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Maybe this will be the last RRR

Won't stop the "when's rig reboot" posts for a while, unfortunately.

Bro I'm dead. I really had to get like 10 resolve errors after the last time & got the video out with an error from the fusion comp on the first opening part & I couldn't get any special effects in. What are my chances guys? Think I might still get one LOL?

Just now, JKOLAKF - U G said:

Bro I'm dead. I really had to get like 10 resolve errors after the last time & got the video out with an error from the fusion comp on the first opening part & I couldn't get any special effects in. What are my chances guys? Think I might still get one LOL?

I don't think anyone cares about special effects. A good personality and a creative video is more important.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, JKOLAKF - U G said:

You don't need to be wizard in editing to be creative. Little bit of planning and some arts&crafts could be the ticket. Or just one-shot walkthrough around the house finding the bad tech in odd places (your cat playing with your "gaming" mouse with narration saying like "now look at this, only cat can game with this mouse").

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just have a question. How long do you think it will take for the ltt team to review all the videos? Also good luck to everyone!

Edited by Spencer.Schumacher
Missed something

When I entered my video to this contest, I never got the confirmation email- It had me fill out my info three times before finally having "my entries" at the top of the entry page say "one". Yesterday, even the page said "one" but still no confirmation email. I go to the page today now that the comp is done and I don't have an entry.

I've gone through my email and other emails just in case, but does this just mean that I'm not entered? Has anyone else had this issue? Or rather have any ideas on how to fix it? or am I just SOL

I love the fact that we have way better odds of winning this year. I was a bit obsessive and watched as many submissions as YouTube could find me and the effort level was very low this year. Last year I found so many "good" videos that were potential winners. Is everyone confidence down because of they way life has been lately?

Even tho less entries are better, I really hope people get more hyped about rig reboot. I don't want asus to stop sponsoring it haha.

Does anyone have any predictions on what tech the winners will be getting. Ryzen? Intel? Nvidia 3000 series or amd 6000 series?

Good luck everyone. I'll be back next year for my 3rd year if I don't win this year haha

9 minutes ago, Dooshnoodle said:

When I entered my video to this contest, I never got the confirmation email- It had me fill out my info three times before finally having "my entries" at the top of the entry page say "one". Yesterday, even the page said "one" but still no confirmation email. I go to the page today now that the comp is done and I don't have an entry.

I've gone through my email and other emails just in case, but does this just mean that I'm not entered? Has anyone else had this issue? Or rather have any ideas on how to fix it? or am I just SOL

Here's hoping it's just in your junk folder or maybe you deleted it by accident. You can sign in through another gleam page and see what the email is that comes up?

Just now, Steve_the_space_pirate said:

Here's hoping it's just in your junk folder or maybe you deleted it by accident. You can sign in through another gleam page and see what the email is that comes up?

I've gone through every email it might be in and all of the folders. I never got one, but I definitely had an entry. I also tried logging into Gleam through their website and they have no record of my email that I used for this contest.

37 minutes ago, Dooshnoodle said:

I've gone through every email it might be in and all of the folders. I never got one, but I definitely had an entry. I also tried logging into Gleam through their website and they have no record of my email that I used for this contest.

Well that's sucky, looks like you might have used the wrong email. Maybe you could try signing in with different emails, like your email spelt wrong. Then if that works you can change it? maybe you can figure it out the go create a new email? Your email but spelt the wrong way? Sorry if my help sounds dumb, I would hate to be in your position and just trying to think of ideas for you 

2 hours ago, Spencer.Schumacher said:

Just have a question. How long do you think it will take for the ltt team to review all the videos? Also good luck to everyone!

Last year they were watching videos while entry phase was running. The Top 15 was posted week and half after competition closed. They have about 18 hours watching to do, if all entries are qualified.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, Steve_the_space_pirate said:

Well that's sucky, looks like you might have used the wrong email. Maybe you could try signing in with different emails, like your email spelt wrong. Then if that works you can change it? maybe you can figure it out the go create a new email? Your email but spelt the wrong way? Sorry if my help sounds dumb, I would hate to be in your position and just trying to think of ideas for you 

Oh no I may be in the same boat. Does anyone know what the subject line of the email might have been... 

19 minutes ago, Big2naFish said:

Oh no I may be in the same boat. Does anyone know what the subject line of the email might have been... 

Entry confirmed: ASUS ROG RIG Reboot 2021

Currently have to game on Wife's PC (see profile) so instead here's my Home Theater Setup!

TV: 2019 65" Vizio P-Series Quantum X | Media Streamer: Roku Ultra 2020 | UHD Player: Panasonic UB820 | Consoles: PS5 with 4TB external SSC, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo WiiU (Ethernet to everything)

SOUND
5.1.4 AVR: Marantz SR6014 | 2 Polk S55 Mains, Polk S35 Center, 2 Polk S50 Sides, 4 Polk S15 Height Channels, HTS 12 Subwoofer

38 minutes ago, GillyBond said:

Entry confirmed: ASUS ROG RIG Reboot 2021

Well, farts. I see other entry confirmations from other gleam entries in my inbox but I guess I didn't really check what happened after I turned it in this year. 

20 minutes ago, Big2naFish said:

Well, farts. I see other entry confirmations from other gleam entries in my inbox but I guess I didn't really check what happened after I turned it in this year. 

Same thing happened to me last year, that’s why I was super careful submitting this year.

5 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

You don't need to be wizard in editing to be creative. Little bit of planning and some arts&crafts could be the ticket. Or just one-shot walkthrough around the house finding the bad tech in odd places (your cat playing with your "gaming" mouse with narration saying like "now look at this, only cat can game with this mouse").

Thank you so much for the vote of confidence man I really appreciate it 10000% I honestly was telling my mom & my little cousins how disappointed I was u could not get it to the state I wanted. But hey at least no one bullied me lol.

Literally spent 48 hours on mine and was so focused on editing and animating  I didnt eat as much so I lost 8 pounds in 4 days haha. Was a fun Experience and taught myself a lot of new editing and animating tricks for my channel so Im pretty happy ^_^

Oh and really  there are only around 800 submissions. A lot of people probably got dqed for not using the #Rogreboot21. Theres only like 787 videos in that hashtag unless Im missing something

53 minutes ago, Wolven Swiftwind said:

Theres only like 787 videos in that hashtag unless Im missing something

Videos can be unlisted.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2