Incoming Newbie! Oh no! I'm a NOOB...

Brapson

Hey guys! I'm new here! Does that make me a LinusTechTips Forums NOOB? xD

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Benn, I'm 16 years old and come from the wet and rather boring land of Scotland. I have a passion for computing, video games and anime. I love to come up with cool ideas and concepts which I have scattered on sheets of paper all around my room, though none of them have ever made it past the planning stage. I've watched LinusTechTips and Techquickie for quite a while now and every week love watching the WAN Show though I usually have to watch it on Saturday Mornings due to the time difference. (I might try and stay up to watch live this week though)

I've been using the computer since the age of 5 or 6 which was around the time we got our first PC at home, it was a HP running windows XP. It was basic but hey, it served it's purpose. Unfortunately it died a few years ago and even though I repaired it a year ago (Yet the guys at our local repair shop failed to do so twice) it recently got sent to the PC graveyard. Then I got a laptop that ran Windows Vista. Yes, the dreaded Vista... I was glad to have a computer again and would be on it constantly during my pre-teen years but in hindsight I now realise how bad my experience with that piece of junk was. I would be happy to send it to the PC graveyard but it's still downstairs as a backup machine. (In case of the apocalypse or something...) Three years ago I got a laptop that ran Windows 7 and that was my main machine for quite sometime. Used it for some light video editing and playing some MineCraft but it wasn't really built for gaming at all so inevitably I had to get something with a bit more horsepower which leads me into my current PC. My Desktop which I've had for going on a year and half which was custom built by a shop down in England. It has an i7 Ivy Bridge processor, 16GB of Ram, an Asus Motherboard and an AMD Radeon 7870. As much as I love it for it's power it has some problems the main thing being that it is very, very noisy. I plan on replacing\upgrading it at the end of this year or the start of next year depending on my funds.

The games I tend to play on my PC are usually sandbox, simulation or open world games. I like the freedom that they offer. So obviously I play things like MineCraft and Gary's Mod, etc. Being a bit of a politics nerd I play Democracy 3 a lot, I get a really good approval rating in that game. I'm really interested in Virtual Reality and I am looking forward to the consumer version of Oculus Rift (as long as Facebook doesn't ruin it) as well as the Virtuix Omni. In terms of console gaming, I don't have any interest in the Xbox One or PS4. Both are interesting systems but the games that run on them are very similar to what I can get on my PC. The WiiU on the other hand interests me and I hope to purchase one soon, I'm very excited for MarioKart 8, personal childhood favourite of mine. I also own a 3DS XL which is the handheld of choice for me as I don't really get the reason for the PS Vita's existence. It just seems a little out of place for me.

Anyway there is my overly long and rather awkward introduction out of the way. I plan to be rather active on the forums. Any questions feel free to ask! Bye!

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Welcome to the Forum!!!!

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Hello and Welcome 

dr%20who%20hello.gif

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Welcome to the forum!

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

3163052156577ee078.jpg

please read COC cause following COC is fun!

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Welcome to the forum Benn! 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Greetings hello and welcome to the forum!

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

hello.jpg

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

gjnCWdD.jpg

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Welcome!

CPU AMD A10-5800k  GPU GTX 960 Gigabyte G1 Motherboard Asrock fm2a75m-dgs Ram G.skill 8gigs ddr3 PSU Corsair HX650 HDD Two 1TB Hitachi 7200 rpm Case Zalman z11

Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire TK with chery mx reds Mouse Logitech m500 Headset Logitech g430 Laptop Lenovo u310 touch Phone HTC one

Do you have any GF? If not,then you're welcome..LOL :P

Welcome to the forum!

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Welcome! Where about in Scotland are you? Northeast myself.

Far aboots in Scotland are you?

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Welcome! If you're on here much, I'll be a common face afro. :D

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone. Nice to see how friendly the community is here! Loving it already!

And in Reply to:

Welcome! Where about in Scotland are you? Northeast myself.

Far aboots in Scotland are you?

I'm from the NorthWest. Nice to meet a fellow Scot.

Welcome to the forum! Garry's Mod is a great game to fool around and play on many servers and game modes. :D If you have Just Cause 2, you should check out Just Cause 2 Multiplayer DLC. Below in my signature are useful links like the CoC and FAQ. I hope you'll enjoy the forum. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer