AMD wants HOW MUCH for 1080p Gaming??

It’s been tough to find a GPU in 2021, but AMD’s hoping to improve supply with the RX 6600 XT. But as a midrange 1080p card, is it priced too high to compete?

Emily @ LINUS MEDIA GROUP                                  

congratulations on breaking absolutely zero stereotypes - @cs_deathmatch

1 minute ago, GabenJr said:

It’s been tough to find a GPU in 2021, but AMD’s hoping to improve supply with the RX 6600 XT. But as a midrange 1080p card, is it priced too high to compete?

how much do you get paid /hr?

No matter what they release at this point, im not buying anything at these prices. Sticking to my RX480 which still works for my 1080p ultrawide needs.

Sure its not going to ultra settings everything but it's good enough.

I am sooo glad i didn´t switch to 1440p and that my GTX1070 still works fine. 

Yeah 1440p is nice and all, but for someone who started with pong in the 70´s, 1080p is already well enough. So i hope we will get 1080p cards in the future too.

I mean if i can get a 400$ 1440p card i am in. But only if my monitor isn´t working anymore and i need a new one anyways.

5 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

I am sooo glad i didn´t switch to 1440p and that my GTX1070 still works fine. 

Yeah 1440p is nice and all, but for someone who started with pong in the 70´s, 1080p is already well enough. So i hope we will get 1080p cards in the future too.

I mean if i can get a 400$ 1440p card i am in. But only if my monitor isn´t working anymore and i need a new one anyways.

I'm running 1440 on my 1080 very happily.  (I did upgrade my board/chip recently, but still.)

I got the 1080 for under 400 (in the 1 week they got cheap after the 1080TI dropped, and before mining ate the market.)

inb4 dual GPU die on the same card, 2x 6900xt. 😛

that is how much you want for 300hz gaming at 1080p.

Even if I was able to get this card for its retail price, I wouldnt. This is a $330 card imo, not a dime more.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I know Day 0/embargo review day is important, but I personally would have held off until the price embargo was lifted tomorrow to post so it was available with the detailed review information. This is a shady tactic on AMDs part since they likely know that consumers are going to be upset at the price of the cards and would want that omitted. Likely many reviewers won't go back and edit in the price to there video so consumers watching the video in a day or 2 or weeks/months to come will have the complete information. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 hour ago, Murasaki said:

No matter what they release at this point, im not buying anything at these prices. Sticking to my RX480 which still works for my 1080p ultrawide needs.

Same. I'll be using my GTX 980 until it literally won't turn on anymore because a new card aimed at 1080p just isn't worth this much at all.

DLSS is a killer deal for me right now. Even at 1080p, mainly to reduce noise. Hopefully next gen card or this gen's price can get lower. My 1660Ti is too loud for me haha

@GabenJr might want to recheck the diagram at 1 minute showing the size comparison between the two dies.

image.png

520mm2 is not 4 times as much as 237mm2.

For a square* with an area of 237mm2 the length x height would be 15.395mm x 15.395mm

For a square* with an area of 520mm2 the length x height would be 22.804mm x 22.804mm

(* assuming the die is a square, which from images of the Navi 23 die it doesn't appear to be but that is how you're displaying it and it's easier to calculate it that way so I went with that)

Really rough diagram made in paint, but the comparison between the two die sizes should look more like this.

image.png

Since the talking point at that part of the video is about how many more dies they can make from the smaller die it's misleading to show it as being more than 4x as many dies. A lot of people will see that and think that AMD can make 4 times as many Navi 23 dies as Navi 21 and might falsely get their hopes up about the current GPU supply shortages easing.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Umm, I know this was a typo but last I checked the game is still in shadowbringers with update 5.58ish. Endwalker does not come out till nov.

brave_pROG6rKG4O.jpg

9 minutes ago, AlexOak said:

Umm, I know this was a typo but last I checked the game is still in shadowbringers with update 5.58ish. Endwalker does not come out till nov.

brave_pROG6rKG4O.jpg

There is a benchmark tool out for endwalker, i can only presume they used that to get these results.

It honestly kills me inside to see how much (X6) tier GPU's have increased in price over the generations. 

The 300$ and below price bracket for new GPU's is extinct.

10 hours ago, Murasaki said:

I’m on a GTX 960, a 4k tv, and I’ve an itch to play some older titles (Witcher 3 is the most demanding game I have) at 1440P or 4K resolution. This card will probably do it, but the price. On a good day, the price would be too high. Right now, it looks a downright bargain compared to Ebay listings, and I probably won’t have another shot at a card for awhile unless Nvidia releases a 3050. 

edit : nvmd, not considering this thing…

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

This card should be $299 at the most, its not that great of a card though even at MSRP, but neither is the RTX 3060. IMO the lower tier cards are pointless at more than $300, and it makes more sense to get a PS5 or Xbox one X if you can find one at MSRP, instead of spending $400 on a midrange GPU.

Interesting clickbait though,  "AMD wants how much for 1080p gaming?" while the RTX 3060 was "i'm mad but buy it anyway".

Cool.
Now that AMD has proven that they know how to make hardware, can they improve their software so that it actually works as intended?

elephants

7 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

This card should be $299 at the most, its not that great of a card though even at MSRP, but neither is the RTX 3060. IMO the lower tier cards are pointless at more than $300, and it makes more sense to get a PS5 or Xbox one X if you can find one at MSRP, instead of spending $400 on a midrange GPU.

Interesting clickbait though,  "AMD wants how much for 1080p gaming?" while the RTX 3060 was "i'm mad but buy it anyway".

the only thing the 3060 got is DLSS and a bit other things. but else I do agree to this point it's not the great.

Also how Nvidia did try to push their nonsense onto reviewers around the RTX launch for raytracing.

20 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

I know Day 0/embargo review day is important, but I personally would have held off until the price embargo was lifted tomorrow to post so it was available with the detailed review information. This is a shady tactic on AMDs part since they likely know that consumers are going to be upset at the price of the cards and would want that omitted. Likely many reviewers won't go back and edit in the price to there video so consumers watching the video in a day or 2 or weeks/months to come will have the complete information. 

This is a combo issue, AMD forces AIBs to announce their prices after theirs and reviewers refuse to wait till all prices are announced just to get into the action fast. I would say waiting 1 day with a product review that has no reference board being sold to consumers is the best way to go so one could actually blame reviewers for this one this time as that would be the logical thing to do. Also does pricing even matter still for other cards? Canada Computers is still asking $1000 for a 6700 XT and nearly $600 for a 1660 Ti... For the 6700 XT I doubt that AIB put in $400 worth of upgrades (after conversion).

In the states it looks like the 6600 xt has a few close to MSRP but most are still $500+ and here is the craziest thing I've seen yet for the 6600xt, $270 off:
https://www.microcenter.com/product/640365/powercolor-amd-radeon-rx-6600-xt-red-devil-triple-fan-8gb-gddr6-pcie-40-graphics-card

At least we are seeing cheaper units finally coming out... That's a plus.

I'm second guessing myself, yesterday I got picked for the Newegg shuffle and bought an XFX RX 6600xt for $400 (USD) before tax and shipping.  My plan is to sell my current GPU, an MSI RTX 2060 for $550.  I realize that $400 for a "mid-tier" GPU is not good value. But in my case I have a GPU that is currently going for more on ebay, so I figured it's kind of a "free" upgrade.  But now I'm having second thoughts, did I make a mistake buying a RX 6600xt?

On 8/10/2021 at 7:34 AM, Levent said:

Even if I was able to get this card for its retail price, I wouldnt. This is a $330 card imo, not a dime more.

Yeah, the 3060 is a better equivalent. In addition, dlss makes the 3060 a far better deal because of the increased framerates.

12 hours ago, KnightTim said:

I'm second guessing myself, yesterday I got picked for the Newegg shuffle and bought an XFX RX 6600xt for $400 (USD) before tax and shipping.  My plan is to sell my current GPU, an MSI RTX 2060 for $550.  I realize that $400 for a "mid-tier" GPU is not good value. But in my case I have a GPU that is currently going for more on ebay, so I figured it's kind of a "free" upgrade.  But now I'm having second thoughts, did I make a mistake buying a RX 6600xt?

No, it’s still better than the 2060. Unless you really need a nvidia feature, it’s a solid upgrade. 

On 8/10/2021 at 10:58 AM, Tony1337 said:

It honestly kills me inside to see how much (X6) tier GPU's have increased in price over the generations. 

The 300$ and below price bracket for new GPU's is extinct.

Except in the used marked, not counting the current crisis. With how badly the 3060 beats the 2060, I would expect to be able to find a 2060 for $280 or less.

On 8/10/2021 at 4:01 PM, Sebikovec said:

how much do you get paid /hr?

what a fantastic topic to talk to breh