purpose of this bracket?

frozensun
6 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Btw off-topic:

U notice anything unusual around graphics card? 😄

Yes, the fan on the left side of the cpu cooler is just chilling there unfastened.

Which is ok to have a little space between the cooler and the fan to eliminate any dead spots of air flow, typically found at the center of the fan.

1 hour ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Yes, the fan on the left side of the cpu cooler is just chilling there unfastened.

Which is ok to have a little space between the cooler and the fan to eliminate any dead spots of air flow, typically found at the center of the fan.

Nope,that's not it.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

4 hours ago, For Science! said:

Just speaking to myself at this point, but technically a fan doesn't push air very straight by default. As you know the center of a fan houses the hub, which does not rotate, and therefore doesn't produce any airflow. The air spun around by blades want to escape radially, but are somewhat forced into a cone in the direction of the blades by the shroud.

At the end of the day, the objective of PC cooling is to remove hot air from inside the chassis to the outside, so any airflow that pushes the air around towards the exhaust is helpful. Even if it means just mixing the internal air of the case to minimize hot pockets.

An simple analogy would be whether you think that a pot of soup would cool faster if you kept it still, or whether there was a stirrer bar inside constantly mixing it.

good videos about cooling and what fans can do. not so much caes air flow thow. he did put a duck to the front of the case to the cpu cooler and it cooled better so that prove that point.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUXW4gT27TOaDzKFyN-1tXQ

the problem is having a pocket of air trapped  by the gpu that pushes some air twared the side panel some makes it way out the top and back fan well some gets sucked back in to the gpu.

having bottom mount fans helps push air in to the gpu and the air coming out back up. most case have a basement and no fans that can mount to it. some have mesh and only get air from the front bottom fan. some have it closed off completely.

the problem is with the 3080 and 3090 gpus hi wat gpus and some people also pare them with hi wat cpus too and put them in a shit air flow case and even SOME want to SLI them! like come on man... then they com plane that they got hi temps...

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

7 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

good videos about cooling and what fans can do. not so much caes air flow thow. he did put a duck to the front of the case to the cpu cooler and it cooled better so that prove that point.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUXW4gT27TOaDzKFyN-1tXQ

the problem is having a pocket of air trapped  by the gpu that pushes some air twared the side panel some makes it way out the top and back fan well some gets sucked back in to the gpu.

having bottom mount fans helps push air in to the gpu and the air coming out back up. most case have a basement and no fans that can mount to it. some have mesh and only get air from the front bottom fan. some have it closed off completely.

Why did you quote me on this? this proves exactly my point that fans do not push air straight unless if forced to with e.g. fins, or a duct. As a side note, I hate this guys content.

7 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Why did you quote me on this? this proves exactly my point that fans do not push air straight unless if forced to with e.g. fins, or a duct. As a side note, I hate this guys content.

we new about the air flow of fans not being that accrete since siverstone "air penetrators fans"

ducting was sold but i rarely seen any one ever use it only  extreme air cooled builds.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

R u guys engineers?

If someone is capable to speak about fans,air pressure etc it's me since I'm industrial engineer not you 😄

And the fan is fan no matter if it's industrial like where I work which takes 150 Amps of AC current or PC case fan.

i'm surprised no one noticed I didn't connect ro separate pci-e cables to GPU.

though no issues with the card so wth!!

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

16 minutes ago, frozensun said:

R u guys engineers?

If someone is capable to speak about fans,air pressure etc it's me since I'm industrial engineer not you 😄

jokes on you, that is the most mundane and ordinary thing thats ever happened to a GPU.

After the bold statement of being an engineer, the lack of knowledge presented before us is what surprised me the most.

13 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Its not a GPU fan, its a HDD fan. Mounting there would blow over the HDD bays to the right.

wrong way. it's the pull side of a push/pull config for the hdd. which in return assist with cooling for the rest of the build. 

7 hours ago, For Science! said:

jokes on you, that is the most mundane and ordinary thing thats ever happened to a GPU.

After the bold statement of being an engineer, the lack of knowledge presented before us is what surprised me the most.

Off topic:

My brain is killing me.

I have severe chronic disease,which I would never wish even to my worse enemy.

7 hours ago, frozensun said:

R u guys engineers?

Man..

That is like a slap in the face to anyone who has ever taken the time to try to help you. With that comment alone, you should just know how all this shit works.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN8501TB, SN850X2TB
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14, TL-D14X

21 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Off topic:

My brain is killing me.

I have severe chronic disease,which I would never wish even to my worse enemy.

Yeah... to me this sounds more like someone trying to save face after making an absurd and almost certainly false claim like this:

7 hours ago, frozensun said:

R u guys engineers?

And the fan is fan no matter if it's industrial like where I work which takes 150 Amps of AC current or PC case fan.

13 hours ago, freeagent said:

Man..

That is like a slap in the face to anyone who has ever taken the time to try to help you. With that comment alone, you should just know how all this shit works.

Please read what I wrote in signature.

What I wrote was a joke,and looks to me I opened the topic where guys will argue.

But it  wasn't a joke that I'm a chemical engineer and all these theories how a fan works,physics,air pressure,dynamics I had that all at collegue.

I think  I remember read somewhere, that a purpose of this fan was too cool down the motherboard,but ofc back then NZXT engineers didn't thought that graphics card will be enormously big.

Anyway this thing is useless and I think a lot of you will agree with me.

32 minutes ago, frozensun said:

I think  I remember read somewhere, that a purpose of this fan was too cool down the motherboard,but ofc back then NZXT engineers didn't thought that graphics card will be enormously big.

Anyway this thing is useless and I think a lot of you will agree with me.

Cant agree with the useless part before i have seen tests 😛 

16 minutes ago, NorKris said:

Cant agree with the useless part before i have seen tests 😛 

Well in anyway if it was meant to cool down GPU or even HDD it's useless because fresh air is not inside the case.

It's like you want to cool down the engine of a car inside a hood. 

6 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Well in anyway if it was meant to cool down GPU or even HDD it's useless because fresh air is not inside the case.

i stand by my theory that it can push more of the hot air out the PCIe slots. if you put a P12 there and get 1c cooler GPU, win! 

15 minutes ago, NorKris said:

i stand by my theory that it can push more of the hot air out the PCIe slots. if you put a P12 there and get 1c cooler GPU, win! 

back then gpus were smaller, and we all used hdd to the air getting around it was slowed by the hdd and the fan was there to boost it. and you could point it at the gpu or cpu.

most gpus were blower gpus as they were cheaper to buy. but alot of case also had side intake as well witch help the cpu down drafted coolers/ gpus in sli.

bottom intake was not really a thing because pci slots got use i guess back then.

would have been better to have intake from the side thow the hdd and out the other side and intake from the bottom for gpu air. some hi end case did this but cheap case no so much.

but the info we had back then most didn't really care o much. we filled the pc up wil as much fans as posable and had restrictive dust filters...(kinda like today🤔)

pc case seem to get better then make a problem to off you to pay more to fix it. seem to always happen. never make a perfect case... probably 101 in marketing.

Edited by thrasher_565

3 hours ago, frozensun said:

With that logic, fans on CPU coolers are also "useless"

1 hour ago, For Science! said:

With that logic, fans on CPU coolers are also "useless"

Only if they spin above 1000 RPM 😛

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN8501TB, SN850X2TB
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14, TL-D14X

8 hours ago, frozensun said:

i been lied to my hole life...! fuck cooling...

10 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

back then gpus were smaller, and we all used hdd to the air getting around it was slowed by the hdd and the fan was there to boost it. and you could point it at the gpu or cpu.

most gpus were blower gpus as they were cheaper to buy. but alot of case also had side intake as well witch help the cpu down drafted coolers/ gpus in sli.

bottom intake was not really a thing because pci slots got use i guess back then.

would have been better to have intake from the side thow the hdd and out the other side and intake from the bottom for gpu air. some hi end case did this but cheap case no so much.

but the info we had back then most didn't really care o much. we filled the pc up wil as much fans as posable and had restrictive dust filters...(kinda like today🤔)

pc case seem to get better then make a problem to off you to pay more to fix it. seem to always happen. never make a perfect case... probably 101 in marketing.

I could install a fan at the bottom as intake which would blow the air towards GPU cooler.

Would it lower temp of the GPU?

Just now, frozensun said:

I could install a fan at the bottom as intake which would blow the air towards GPU cooler.

Would it lower temp of the GPU?

yes... blow air at hot things helps you no...

On 8/6/2021 at 2:42 PM, NorKris said:

just to remove all the confusion. or lack of understanding

image.png.e2dd4beb9524e8070b20cbbbaab8df94.png

So judging by this it's good to try install fans at the bottom case as intake,so the card gets fresh air from that fan?

6 hours ago, frozensun said:

So judging by this it's good to try install fans at the bottom case as intake,so the card gets fresh air from that fan?

Yes. The more fans the better. only why more fans is bad is when they make so much noise u go mad 😛

intake under GPU's is very good