Whats the hardest cable to remove.

Hardest cable to remove from the outside of a computer (Lets say you had every port on a computer) which would be the hardest to remove?

That frickin HDMI cable

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

Just now, dilpickle said:

Any one that used screws. VGA, DVI, Serial.

Agreed

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Any cable with screws, like VGA/DVI/DMS-59/DB9 serial. ESP when there screwed in super tight.

Whats the rarest cable you would find

Kensington cable lock.

image.png

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, RTX 2070 Max-Q said:

Whats the rarest cable you would find

Really depends on what your working on. Parallel ports are pretty rare now. RJ50 connectors and rare. Some weird apple connectors like ADC are pretty rare.

2 minutes ago, RTX 2070 Max-Q said:

I dont think so

Each of the HDMI cables that I have require a lot of force to be taken out of the ports. Now I don’t know if it’s something to do with the ports, but it feels like the port will be out the next moment.

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

VPN Server Guide

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

Really depends on what your working on. Parallel ports are pretty rare now. RJ50 connectors and rare. Some weird apple connectors like ADC are pretty rare.

Any other?

6 minutes ago, RockSolid1106 said:

Each of the HDMI cables that I have require a lot of force to be taken out of the ports. Now I don’t know if it’s something to do with the ports, but it feels like the port will be out the next moment.

Taking a ethernet cable out of a laptop collapsed port is harder I have one. But I agree with hdmi not that I think about it.

EDIT: It feels like you are breaking it

11 minutes ago, dilpickle said:

Oh god. I think I blocked that from my memory until just now. Nothing worse than trying to feel around blind behind the back of computer trying to not only line up the port but also get those fiddly stupid screws in.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

1 minute ago, Chris Pratt said:

Oh god. I think I blocked that from my memory until just now. Nothing worse than trying to feel around blind behind the back of computer trying to not only line up the port but also get those fiddly stupid screws in.

PS2 and S-video were a pain to do blindly also.

1 minute ago, Chris Pratt said:

Why did they include screws lol

VGA/DVI as others said, but it’s even more difficult if you can’t see the connector. Like if the monitor is wall mounted, then I tend to turn the screws the wrong way..

^

VPN Server Guide

Can confirm

Vga and dvi are a pain in the ass to screw in even when my computer is literally on top of a cardboard box aka no case where you can see better

Even worse when you accidentally misalign it and it starts to malfunction cause only one of the sides is making full contact and the other is really loose

Depends on how tight the socket is.  

If you're looking for something that comes apart easily, look at magnetic connectors. 

If you want a terrible experience trying to remove a connector, any rs or dsub with screws will do.  Bonus, they're really good at bending pins.  

That irritating stack of external scsi adapters some moron screwed together. Not only were they always stuck, you inevitably removed the wrong part of the adapter stack 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

54 minutes ago, Bitter said:

PS2 and S-video were a pain to do blindly also.

For sure. In some ways worse. Whoever thought it would be a good idea to create a perfectly circular connector that could only be plugged in one specific orientation needs to be smacked hard with the nearest blunt object.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

1 hour ago, RTX 2070 Max-Q said:

Hardest cable to remove from the outside of a computer (Lets say you had every port on a computer) which would be the hardest to remove?

Depends on the cable, and if you were trying to remove it from the front or back.

VGA, Parallel, and Serial cables, with the old style screws (not thumb screws) are the single hardest cables to remove because they are screwed in, and someone who has tightened the heck out of them might not be able to remove them at all.

Outside of "screws/thumbscrews", the next hardest ones are those that have "teeth" on them, like DP that has the mechanical teeth on it, and usually from the monitor side, since sometimes the the latch is behind the actual mount, so it's hard to click the clip without contorting your hand.

Everything else, USB and HDMI are possible to break/damage sight unseen, as you can quite literately jam a usb connector into a HDMI slot if they are right beside each other.  

any screwed in connector , and any that have some sort of mechanical retention. especialy when you can barely reach it and cant move the computer example a server rack thats bolted down to the ground and squished against a wall lol

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

1 hour ago, dilpickle said:

When the last user screwed them in with a screw driver while you try to use your fingers. 🙂

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

DB13W3

video connector for Sun and SGI workstations

this is video connector hell, the internal RGB connections are more flexible than you would think and they never line up properly.

1280px-13W3_Stecker.thumb.jpg.ca338a52d27fbc4356835b20aff00ab9.jpg