LinusTechTips' fake Youtube channel

TyagoDani

So I was watching a vlog by youtube.com/mrthaivlog123 and in the coment section a random comment popped up my attetion:

TawAmJN.png

went to investigate if it was actually linus because of the childish comment and found out it was a fake: http://www.youtube.com/user/DedicatedDeanMC

i've tweeted linus already but i decided to post this here to so that the mods can allert him.

so... @LinusTech @Slick @Windspeed36 @Dave :) @looney @Whaler_99

Its the space after Linus, you can clearly see its a fake

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

Who cares?

just warning him through here... -_-

yeah only saw that after...

That has happend over 9000! times so far. 

yeah i know but i'm just warning him! like, wazzup with you guys today!? da hell...

yeah i know but i'm just warning him! like, wazzup with you guys today!? da hell...

Being a dick. As always. 

just warning him through here... -_-

Nobody cares there is alot of fake channels 

I don't care, nobody else here cares, & Linus also doesn't give a fly fook.

Cheese

the spelling oh yiss

Look away, boy. (I was sure I corrected it, oh well).

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

you can rename google+ channels to anything you want

anyone can do this, theres nothing preventing you from it

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Don't forget the lack of a verified name tick.

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

Lol, well as long as he isn't copying videos or trying to scam people, should be fine

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Lol, well as long as he isn't copying videos or trying to scam people, should be fine

He did try to mimic the LTT logo on his channel page but clearly it is illegitimate because the image is pixelated and it is advertising you to buy a NUC and get $25 of PlanetSide 2 stuff, and I don't think @LinusTech actually did something like that.

Ppl are just being dicks... this is what Linus was mad about before, how the forums seems to stray away from its roots and be "unfriendly". 

Hey @TyagoDani

Thanks for noticing this. However, if you really think there's an issue
that LTT should be aware of, creating a thread about it on the forums
isn't really the most efficient way of doing that. Instead, in the future,
I recommend just sending a PM to Linus and/or Slick about it.

@ Rest: Don't post if all you have to say are insults to OP. If you think
this shouldn't have been posted, at least be polite and respectful about
it if you really wish to say so, otherwise move on and and just let the

thread die. Thanks! :)

I'm locking this thread since there isn't really much point to it anymore.

Cheers,
-aw

EDIT:

Dammit, we have a member called "Rest"? Sorry for tagging you by

accident.

Edited by alpenwasser

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic