Which editing software is best used to edit in lots of zombies into a raw or 48MP image? (beginner)

Hey I wasnt sure which forum fits best so I chose this one in hopes of reaching the most fitting minded people.

Context:

I have a bunch of high megapixel (48)  and raw pictures in which I want to add lots of zombies. 

We are talking about pictures from, for example, the balcony or bridge down to empty areas, thanks to the lockdowns, normally crowded places are completely empty very often, so they are perfect pictures.

Knowledge beginner (skip):

I have bare knowledge of image and video editing, so thats ms paint, gimp often to doodle around and remove unnecessary watermarks, edited with premier pro before but we are talking about cutting at best, used very minimally (and loved) After Effects and some blender work.

Goal: 

(One example) The image is shot from a low altitude civilian bridge pointing north&east and down of a semi-long road in an urban environment. My desire is to add lots of zombies on the road and side walks next to walls / a few buildings, mainly the road. 

The advantage is the distance, perspective and low elevation from the ground, which makes it easier to add lots of zombies for disregard in individual quality.

Question:

Which software is best recommended in order to reach the goal? Regard the knwowledge level, so photoshop would be way off my learning plate (I dont want to spend a week learning ps).

Is an image editing software even the right thought? Blender/an animation software would actually be better fitting due to perspective don't you think?

The one you know how to use. If you don’t know how to use any of them it depends on if you just want to get it done or if you want to learn something and the project is just an excuse.  The issue is learning curve level.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

52 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The one you know how to use. If you don’t know how to use any of them it depends on if you just want to get it done or if you want to learn something and the project is just an excuse.  The issue is learning curve level.

The issue is I have no idea how to add zombies/edit photos like that, and wanted to make sure I am on the right track. Perhaps someone would suggest a certain software or even a plugin / zombie template / maybe even a guide.

3 hours ago, LookingforanIDA7license said:

The issue is I have no idea how to add zombies/edit photos like that, and wanted to make sure I am on the right track. Perhaps someone would suggest a certain software or even a plugin / zombie template / maybe even a guide.

almost any laying photo editor would work. Photoshop would be the old standard. Gimp or kirta could work. I don't think capture one or lumiar would be a good choice

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

19 hours ago, GDRRiley said:

almost any laying photo editor would work. Photoshop would be the old standard. Gimp or kirta could work. I don't think capture one or lumiar would be a good choice

Yes but I was looking for a plugin or something of sorts. The perspective and different types of zombies needed to make the image not look like a copy pasta of 1 or 3 front facing images is beyond my scope. Honestly now that I think of it, the only plausible option is blender, given perspective issues and most importantly procedual generation of zombies.

19 hours ago, LookingforanIDA7license said:

Yes but I was looking for a plugin or something of sorts. The perspective and different types of zombies needed to make the image not look like a copy pasta of 1 or 3 front facing images is beyond my scope. Honestly now that I think of it, the only plausible option is blender, given perspective issues and most importantly procedual generation of zombies.

You can probably do all of this easily in photoshop. Photoshop is pretty powerfull when it comes to tools to mix images.

But really any of these tools can probably work fine, and will have a heavy learning curve if you haven't used them before.