Crypto Exchange Founder Disappears with $2 Billion

Ar558a
Message added by leadeater,

Please keep discussions civil and no personal attacks or harassment. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and can be expressed in a way that is in line with the Community Standards.

Just now, IkeaGnome said:

Using a username that isn't your real name is also trying to hide, which is suspicious. Anonymity online in general sounds suspicious. 

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

Lol. Nice Try. That is something that 90% of internet users do, not by a very small minority. Plus a username has no power. Money IS power.

Well, here comes another ten page thread arguing over crypto.

CPU - Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler - EVGA CLC 240mm AIO  Motherboard - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | RAM - 16GB (2x8GB) Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 3600MHz CL17 | GPU - MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC | PSU -  EVGA 600 BQ | Storage - PNY CS3030 1TB NVMe SSD | Case Cooler Master TD500 Mesh

Just now, zeusthemoose said:

You can also use cash to buy drugs. This means absolutely nothing.

The majority of people who lost money (possibly even their life savings) arent miners, they are people who invested in cryptocurrency because they think it will raise in value the same as any other investor in the stock market. You are pretty much saying that you are glad that there are people who most if not lost everything they have which is just wrong.

I'm not glad if there are some innocent people who got caught up in this but they are the collateral damage in this situation. They are clearly very unwise investors putting there money in such a flaky volatile investment.

1 minute ago, Random_Person1234 said:

Well, here comes another ten page thread arguing over crypto.

Well thats what happens when those b*stards are fu*king the world up for the rest of us.

Just now, Ar558a said:

Lol. Nice Try. That is something that 90% of internet users do, not by a very small minority. Plus a username has no power. Money IS power.

And 90% of people that use crypto don't do illegal activities.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/haileylennon/2021/01/19/the-false-narrative-of-bitcoins-role-in-illicit-activity/?sh=d4b45583432f

https://blog.chainalysis.com/reports/cryptocurrency-crime-2020-report

But you'll ignore the second because the name is Chain Analysis and not look into the reports they do on Crypto. Including 2019 being a Ponzi scheme, their CTO spending 23 years in the FBi etc.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

2 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

And 90% of people that use crypto don't do illegal activities.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/haileylennon/2021/01/19/the-false-narrative-of-bitcoins-role-in-illicit-activity/?sh=d4b45583432f

https://blog.chainalysis.com/reports/cryptocurrency-crime-2020-report

But you'll ignore the second because the name is Chain Analysis and not look into the reports they do on Crypto. Including 2019 being a Ponzi scheme, their CTO spending 23 years in the FBi etc.

I don't and will never believe it, sane people who aren't criminals and value there hard earned money will keep away from crypto like it's the plague. Logic dictates that whoever has done this analysis is either biased or incompetent. 

4 minutes ago, Ar558a said:

They are clearly very unwise investors putting there money in such a flaky volatile investment.

Not going to mention why this has nothing to do with the fact that someone stole their money. But apart from that, it's not only people who invest in crypto (and not even "unwise"). If you really think that I invite you to read about JP Morgan's investment in crypto, which is not (or just not) a public movement, they are using internal coins for years to transfer money from some of their offices to others. And just how JP Morgan invests in crypto, there are a lot of "unwise" companies that invest in it.

Just now, Ar558a said:

I don't and will never believe it, sane people who aren't criminals and value there hard earned money will keep away from crypto like it's the plague. Logic dictates that whoever has done this analysis is either biased or incompetent. 

It's a website... about it's uses in crime. Not one of their articles are about the upsides to crypto. The one thing you are trying to fight for as a point, and you won't use them as a source? 

It seems like that website would literally be your wet dream and you're dismissing them?

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 minute ago, IkeaGnome said:

It's a website... about it's uses in crime. Not one of their articles are about the upsides to crypto. The one thing you are trying to fight for as a point, and you won't use them as a source? 

It seems like that website would literally be your wet dream and you're dismissing them?

Anything that says "Crypto is fine and is not used for crime" doesn't pass the sniff test in my book so I'm not interested in them.

2 minutes ago, Ar558a said:

If you think that crypto's only goal is buying and selling short or hold, mimicking stocks in exchanges, you are clearly missing the whole point of crypto. Companies have been built around blockchains for multiple and valid reasons. I'm starting to think that the one biased where is you, who can't clearly notice that crypto != miners and keep thinking that crypto is worthless... 

Anything that says "Crypto is fine and is not used for crime" doesn't pass the sniff test in my book so I'm not interested in them.

But it says it's used in crime.

image.png.d50701ce68a5cec2bcb9143e26fe1c08.png

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 minute ago, Ar558a said:

So in other words “I’m right and nothing will change my mind, even facts. Sources supporting what I’m saying are wrong because they have said crypto isn’t 100% crime.”

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

3 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

So in other words “I’m right and nothing will change my mind, even facts. Sources supporting what I’m saying are wrong because they have said crypto isn’t 100% crime.”

Just leave it, if someone openly says they are not open to changing their mind then that is it as far as that goes.

4 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

No, What I'm saying is if you someone writes a report that says something that makes NO SENSE, you shouldn't blindly believe it. 

No, What I'm saying is if you someone writes a report that says something that makes NO SENSE, you shouldn't blindly believe it. 

Got any sources that say crypto is mainly used in illegal activities?

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

So, just how hard is it to "create" a new cryptocoin?

I realize Doge coin was started as a joke, but so have several others (and yeah, Doge coin is still worthless, but who knew it'd even get this far?) and they are now on the map.

So whats stopping up from creating our own and having fun seeing who can mine the most...LTTcoin? Lincoin? Sebastus? Dropcoin?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

So, just how hard is it to "create" a new cryptocoin?

I realize Doge coin was started as a joke, but so have several others (and yeah, Doge coin is still worthless, but who knew it'd even get this far?) and they are now on the map.

So whats stopping up from creating our own and having fun seeing who can mine the most...LTTcoin? Lincoin? Sebastus? Dropcoin?

Dropcoin to the moon 2021?

https://www.datadriveninvestor.com/how-to-create-your-own-cryptocurrency/

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Wow you people suck! Just because your not a fan of crypto doesn't mean you need to go around jumping for joy when people loose their savings because they invested in crypto. Seriously half you people don't even have the knowledge to know cryptocurrency isn't some illegal technology much less how to safely invest in it.  And on top of this all your basically cheering on a thief you people disgust me!

27 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

You can also use cash to buy drugs. This means absolutely nothing.

The majority of people who lost money (possibly even their life savings) arent miners, they are people who invested in cryptocurrency because they think it will raise in value the same as any other investor in the stock market. You are pretty much saying that you are glad that there are people who most if not lost everything they have which is just wrong.

Or people who though that their government backed currency was going to crash and burn and crypto was the only option they thought they had. The Turkish Lira has be very unstable for the past year. https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=TRY&view=1Y I'm willing to bet that these are people who were trying to protect what they had, not get rich quick.

1 minute ago, IkeaGnome said:

I vote to name it VAC, or Variable Amount Cash.

If you say it it's "vac", or "vacuum".

Before VAC, there was a vacuum.

Look, I know it's not the cleverest, but it's funny.

Ah here comes Crypto's no1 fan 🤬

Believe it or not he's against mining.

elephants

Ah here comes Crypto's no1 fan 🤬

Yeah and you know what I used to not like cryptocurrency till I took a look around and realized the stock market is being inflated by our government/mega corps  and our currency is being printed so fast won't be long until it's only worth wiping your butt with. I'm not looking to get rich quick from crypto and I haven't bought any extra GPUs to mine it with I only want to use it to diversify my portfolio.

Just now, Bitter said:

Or people who though that their government backed currency was going to crash and burn and crypto was the only option they thought they had. The Turkish Lira has be very unstable for the past year. https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=TRY&view=1Y I'm willing to bet that these are people who were trying to protect what they had, not get rich quick.

Well there are very few places where that applies, and even if that is true you would put your money in USD or GBP or EUR not some dodgy made up digital currency.

Interesting

Oh, the news? Well... It's fine I guess

Happened before, that's why I cash out frequently, and if I wanna hodl I would do it in a cold wallet

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately