Crypto Exchange Founder Disappears with $2 Billion

Ar558a
Message added by leadeater,

Please keep discussions civil and no personal attacks or harassment. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and can be expressed in a way that is in line with the Community Standards.

2 minutes ago, poochyena said:

yea, drugs are fine and don't ruin the world

I would like you to repeat that back to me to make sure I didn't mishear, because if you truly believe that the type of drugs I was referring to are perfectly fine and aren't ruining the world...

elephants

1 hour ago, FakeKGB said:

I beg your pardon? In what world is crypto unvaluable?

1 Bitcoin = ~$50000 USD
1 Ether = ~$2200 USD

Both are worth zero if you have no electric service because the miners are using all of it.

Just now, Kisai said:

Both are worth zero if you have no electric service because the miners are using all of it.

Care to elaborate? I've heard nothing about power going on due to mining, except Iran blaming Bitcoin mining for its power-outs.

elephants

2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

So, just how hard is it to "create" a new cryptocoin?

I realize Doge coin was started as a joke, but so have several others (and yeah, Doge coin is still worthless, but who knew it'd even get this far?) and they are now on the map.

So whats stopping up from creating our own and having fun seeing who can mine the most...LTTcoin? Lincoin? Sebastus? Dropcoin?

Scarily easy. You could apply to list a new coin on an exchange in probably 30 minutes. https://www.bitdeal.net/how-to-list-your-cryptocurrency-on-exchange-websites

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

40 minutes ago, poochyena said:

yea, drugs are fine and don't ruin the world

I would love to see how Cryptocurrency causes more damage to the world than drugs do. Keep in mind everything that goes towards the entire "industry" of illegal drug trade.

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

1 minute ago, Derkoli said:

I would love to see how Cryptocurrency causes more damage to the world than drugs do. Keep in mind everything that goes towards the entire "industry" of illegal drug trade.

The link between cryptocurrency and drugs is apparently not infrequently it’s the only way to pay for them.  Iirc there was a Colombian drug cartel that announced soon after bitcoin started to become valuable that it would ONLY accept payment in bitcoin

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

The link between cryptocurrency and drugs is apparently not infrequently it’s the only way to pay for them.  Iirc there was a Colombian drug cartel that announced soon after bitcoin started to become valuable that it would ONLY accept payment in bitcoin

I can absolutely see how they could be linked, and work well together. But I just don't believe Cryptocurrency causes more damage to the world overall than the drug trade industry does. I doubt Cryptocurrency causes regular overdoses, organised killings, modern slavery etc. on a day to day basis.

1 minute ago, Derkoli said:

I can absolutely see how they could be linked, and work well together. But I just don't believe Cryptocurrency causes more damage to the world overall than the drug trade industry does. I doubt Cryptocurrency causes regular overdoses, organised killings, modern slavery etc. on a day to day basis.

World illegal drug trade is a pretty high bar alright. “It’s not as bad as the world illegal drug trade” is pretty faint praise though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I will probably get flamed for this, as Cryptocurrency is such a polarising topic.

I do not believe this event will affect Cryptocurrency in the long run. There isn't even anything out of the ordinary occurring to ETH or BTC prices (so far). All Alt-Coins seem to be chugging along as usual aswell.

Oh well. This doesn't have an effect on me. I managed to crash out very close to the end of the ETH bull run from the 20th to the 22nd (roughly). Made a pretty penny and I'm happy.

Guess we'll see what happens tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

World illegal drug trade is a pretty high bar alright. “It’s not as bad as the world illegal drug trade” is pretty faint praise though.

Eh. I was more objecting against the idea of "drugs are fine" in my original comment.

6 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

Eh. I was more objecting against the idea of "drugs are fine" in my original comment.

I was once nearly killed by a guy high on angel dust (it was that long ago) so I am perhaps biased. He beat me nearly to death with a beautific smile on his face for more or less no reason I could fathom. Luckily when I passed out I stopped moving and became less interesting.

Imagine thinking putting money in the hands of a non-regulated, non-insured, and decentralized third party was a good idea. Lol. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

<-- Thread Locked -->

Since you guys can't keep it civil and on topic, you forced our moderation hand. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card