New GA106-302 RTX 3060 Revision coming with Hardware Based Mining Limiter coming in May, Possibly coming to the rest of RTX 30 series

AlTech
20 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Are you crazy? Just do something like door dash or Uber on the side. I would say Uber for sure if it was before the pandemic but not alot of people are using taxi services right now tbh. That is how you make good side money because you can do it whenever and for how long you want. You decide your own hours. Also you don't need to do interviews and whatnot. I have a friend who did that and he made some serious cash simply do it a couple hours over the weekends and mind you he is a QA engineer at a biomedical device company making alot of money already and he said it was pretty significant. 

Pretty much this, there are so many opportunities lying around but ppl seem to dislike if they have to work for the money. They want it fast and effortless......

5 hours ago, Kisai said:

Let's assume that the "memory loading"  (which is what the current countermeasures are) is the only trick in the book,

Source? IIRC it kicks in on ethash regardless of size.

1 hour ago, Moonzy said:

So I would think most companies that accept BTC as payment would be holding onto the majority of it (?)

A lot of them only short term hold it until enough has built up to offset transaction fees and other costs and analyze when is the best time to do the trade. Others work with a payment gateway and only ever actually see their own county's currency and the gateway provider does the aforementioned holding and conversion as they see fit. There aren't many typical merchant business that do accept crypto that keep it any longer than is necessary and trade it soon as possible.

Some accept it only because they see it as a customer base they would not have access to otherwise.

17 minutes ago, Craftyawesome said:

Source? IIRC it kicks in on ethash regardless of size.

Reportedly people have been frying their 3080's and 3090's mining Ethereum, and nvidia changed the driver back in 461.09 to already do this throttle.

This driver has caused me to take a massive performance hit by the stealth change to the secret memory thermal limit. I actually have two different 3090s from two different manufacturers. They both suffer the same fate from this new driver.

I mine ETH with these cards, and this new driver is literally costing me money...

So yeah, nvidia clearly knows how they can throttle Ethereum.

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2021/02/18/geforce-cmp/

https://www.theregister.com/2021/02/18/nvidia_gpu_mining_ethereum_crippled/

“The RTX 3060 software drivers are designed to detect specific attributes of the Ethash (Dagger Hashimoto) algorithm, which is based on a unique memory access pattern,” an Nvidia spokesperson told The Register. “Ethereum has the highest global mining yield for any GPU-mineable coin at the moment and thus is likely the main demand driver for GPUs in mining.

“Other algorithms do not contribute significantly to GPU demand and cannot change quickly due to network effects within a given cryptocurrency. The rate limiter applies to anything that uses Dagger Hashimoto or Ethash-like algorithms.”

I think the whole point of having a PC rather than a console (for gaming) or laptop (for browsing) and a work station/Mac Pro (well for other work) is the freedom and versatility. 

If we are going to go with accepting companies nerfing performances of components for hand picked tasks we are going into a slippery slope and we can "Apple" PCs.

The solution can not be nerfing the graphic cards for NVIDIA to turn around and provide another "mining market segment" to gain more profits in the market.

What I believe is happening is that NVIDIA is trying to to separate mining and gaming segments in order to capitalize on the mining industry by reducing the competition coming in from their gaming line-up. 

That way they can sell the "mining" SKU at increased prices without the miners having their supply competition coming in from their gaming business.

They are trying to do all of that without angering the general public, and accepting the miners being pissed as they are the "offenders".

The whole issue here are the scalpers and bots drying the market for gamers and resellers are taking in a bit on the action.

From my experience in marketing I would say that this is a brilliant idea from Nvidia's prospective. and if they pull it off they will definitely make a lot of money pricing their "mining" GPUs at extreme prices and getting the hug profits that the current scalpers and small miners are getting.

On 4/18/2021 at 11:42 PM, Brooksie359 said:

Investing in AMD when it was 2 dollars a share was a risky decision but based on the knowledge I had I convinced alot of my family members to invest and they made a ton of money but that wasn't a gamble because it was actually based on a promising new line of cpus they were going to come out with. Was it risky? Yeah the new cpus could have been a total flop but I figured with the help of jim keller the odds were in my favor.

Exactly, you figured it was a good investment and it was your guess. What if AMD had not succeeded? You would have been responsible for losing a lot of your family members potentially a ton of money for investing in AMD. This is survivor bias, just like if I were to 10x my money in crypto currently. You can't predict the stock or crypto market.

12 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

In what world does that make any sense at all? There is a clear and cut purpose for a bra while mining there is legitimately none that gets accomplished. If anything mining is like a condom with a hole in it. Yeah it has a purpose but it didn't accomplishe it at which point its useless. Cryptocurrency can't be used as a currency at which point its purpose of having a decentralized currency is not accomplished. Yet people are spending massive amounts of energy into it simply because now it's a glorified stock and it makes them a small amount of cash. How about we just stop wasting energy resources on a failed project and use it for something actually useful. 

If you would take away all bras in the world tomorrow literally nothing would change. Boobs would still be attached to bodies, they'd just flop around more. I don't even have them, so bras are obviously useless, right?  Saying it can't be used as a currency is just wrong and immediately disproven by the stores that now accept crypto. It is inconvienent for users at best still currently, that you are correct to say. Don't reject crypto just because it is new. The internet at its beginning was rejected as ever becoming something useful, as it was "just another news outlet". It sounds like you would have rejected it as well. A lot of other things that we all use would not exist if we stopped because they were expensive, inefficient or "unnecessary". Nothing will ever emerge in a perfect form. Crypto is attempting to incorporate blockchain in various things. You are comparing it to systems that have had decades to evolve and become what they are now. I don't see it replacing fiat anytime soon either, but I sure find it interesting tech and do believe it will stick around in one form or another. You seem to have a problem with mining, which is fine, but you also seem to think crypto = bitcoin = mining, which is only the tip of the iceberg. Bitcoin may be what started it, but has long been overtaken in terms of functionality. Plenty of coins don't use mining and are both cheap and fast to transfer.

8 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

Are you crazy? Just do something like door dash or Uber on the side. I would say Uber for sure if it was before the pandemic but not alot of people are using taxi services right now tbh. That is how you make good side money because you can do it whenever and for how long you want. You decide your own hours. Also you don't need to do interviews and whatnot. I have a friend who did that and he made some serious cash simply do it a couple hours over the weekends and mind you he is a QA engineer at a biomedical device company making alot of money already and he said it was pretty significant. 

With this post you are both nailing it on the head and missing it completely. Why can't you accept that people like your friend want a lot of extra money and like the job they do for it, but that others are fine with just some extra change? I could say your friend is just greedy and wants as much money as he can get. You are literally gatekeeping how people can make their money now.

7 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

Pretty much this, there are so many opportunities lying around but ppl seem to dislike if they have to work for the money. They want it fast and effortless......

Crypto is not a fast way to make money, only if you get extremely lucky. It's mostly effortless in the current market though.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

8 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

Additional wear and tear on the car costs money (tires, more oil changes, more brakes, more light bulbs), the correct insurance costs money (your personal policy does not cover your commercial vehicle use!!), and it still takes time to do. Again, why would anyone want to do that when they can make passive income by spending a lot less money (if they have the hardware already) or why wouldn't you do that AND work multiple jobs if you're really hard up? If you have the hardware NOT using it to mine with is really stupid right now. My nicehash payrate has doubled the past few days with all the market ups and downs, I'm almost at weekly payout 1/2 a week ahead of time!

7 minutes ago, tikker said:

Exactly, you figured it was a good investment and it was your guess. What if AMD had not succeeded? You would have been responsible for losing a lot of your family members potentially a ton of money for investing in AMD. This is survivor bias, just like if I were to 10x my money in crypto currently. You can't predict the stock or crypto market.

If you would take away all bras in the world tomorrow literally nothing would change. Boobs would still be attached to bodies, they'd just flop around more. I don't even have them, so bras are obviously useless, right?  Saying it can't be used as a currency is just wrong and immediately disproven by the stores that now accept crypto. It is inconvienent for users at best still currently, that you are correct to say. Don't reject crypto just because it is new. The internet at its beginning was rejected as ever becoming something useful, as it was "just another news outlet". It sounds like you would have rejected it as well. A lot of other things that we all use would not exist if we stopped because they were expensive, inefficient or "unnecessary". Nothing will ever emerge in a perfect form. Crypto is attempting to incorporate blockchain in various things. You are comparing it to systems that have had decades to evolve and become what they are now. I don't see it replacing fiat anytime soon either, but I sure find it interesting tech and do believe it will stick around in one form or another. You seem to have a problem with mining, which is fine, but you also seem to think crypto = bitcoin = mining, which is only the tip of the iceberg. Bitcoin may be what started it, but has long been overtaken in terms of functionality. Plenty of coins don't use mining and are both cheap and fast to transfer.

With this post you are both nailing it on the head and missing it completely. Why can't you accept that people like your friend want a lot of extra money and like the job they do for it, but that others are fine with just some extra change? I could say your friend is just greedy and wants as much money as he can get. You are literally gatekeeping how people can make their money now.

Crypto is not a fast way to make money, only if you get extremely lucky. It's mostly effortless in the current market though.

I think you missed the point I was making with AMD stocks thing. It actually has a basis for its value which is how well the company does. Its like if you invested in Amazon when it was smaller because you saw all the progress it was making and the potential it had. Cryptocurrency is legit based off of the thought and feelings of people and has nothing to back it up. Its part of the reason its so volatile. Also again Cryptocurrency current serves no purpose that isn't already met by something else and even the stuff it does do there are other things that are simply better at it. Thats why if it was gone tomorrow it wouldn't matter that much as there are other things that do what it does which is basically a glorified stock. Bras on the other hand would be a huge issue if they disappeared for some many different reasons that it is simply ridiculous to even think about comparing the two. Also Cryptocurrency has been around for more than a decade so its not me simply not giving a new thing a chance. Its not new its old and has been a failure. 

3 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Additional wear and tear on the car costs money (tires, more oil changes, more brakes, more light bulbs), the correct insurance costs money (your personal policy does not cover your commercial vehicle use!!), and it still takes time to do. Again, why would anyone want to do that when they can make passive income by spending a lot less money (if they have the hardware already) or why wouldn't you do that AND work multiple jobs if you're really hard up? If you have the hardware NOT using it to mine with is really stupid right now. My nicehash payrate has doubled the past few days with all the market ups and downs, I'm almost at weekly payout 1/2 a week ahead of time!

As someone who knows people who Uber you are wrong about the insurance thing. They have gotten in accidents before and insurance covered it just fine. And the car maintenance is insignificant for how little distance you are driving and the money made. 

2 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Also Cryptocurrency has been around for more than a decade so its not me simply not giving a new thing a chance. Its not new its old and has been a failure. 

Again, I don't think crypto has failed. If it's been around for 10+ years and hasn't died out - instead growing larger - how on earth does that mean it failed? Things that fail die. They don't grow larger.
Plenty of things do the same thing in different ways. Search engines, for example.

We have Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, Yahoo, etc. All of them serve the same function in different ways.

4 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Cryptocurrency is legit based off of the thought and feelings of people and has nothing to back it up.

Bitcoin/Ethereum =/= cryptocurrency. Tether is an example of one such coin - one Tether is always $1 USD. It's tied to the value of the US dollar. There's also G-Coin - one coin = 1 gram of real gold.

elephants

29 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

I think you missed the point I was making with AMD stocks thing. It actually has a basis for its value which is how well the company does. Its like if you invested in Amazon when it was smaller because you saw all the progress it was making and the potential it had. Cryptocurrency is legit based off of the thought and feelings of people and has nothing to back it up.

How is investing in AMD because you feel it had potential not based of thought and feelings? You felt that way because a) their technology looked intersting/promising b) if they could make an attractive product, people would buy and use it. AMD stocks have nothing to back them up either. If the company now goes "alright boys, Zen 3 that's it, nothing more" and just cracks a cold one doing nothing for the next decade their stock will drop and they become worthless.

Crypto operates in the same way. Sure 99% of us invest in it to make money, we'd be fools not to admit that and stocks are no different. Coins do well if a) they solve a real problem (in the crypto sphere) and have an interesting/clever way of doing so b) if their service is attractive and competitive. What this means is that if you now create another Bitcoin, it won't take off. Been there, done that, there are dozens of Bitcoin clones out there. Ethereum set out to do something different, Nano set out to be an actual usable currency which is fast and feeless. These all survive(d), because they were actual useful coins among the thousands of shitcoins.

35 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Also again Cryptocurrency current serves no purpose that isn't already met by something else and even the stuff it does do there are other things that are simply better at it. Thats why if it was gone tomorrow it wouldn't matter that much as there are other things that do what it does which is basically a glorified stock.

From what point of view are you making this argument though. As a day-to-day currency? Sure there are better alternatives currently. A digital currency not so much yet (countries are looking into this now), just numbers that represent our regular money. However, what services offers me irreversible, immutable (pseudo-anonymous if you like) transfers of any amount? I'm happy to learn, but I don't know of any. I can send you 10k in BTC and nobody in the world can reverse it, deny it happened nor fudge with the transfer in between.

I mean you brought up the comparison first so... To circle back to the oppositions favourite GPU-related comparions, if video games dissappeared literally nothing would change. You could say people will lose their jobs, lose their entertainment etc. but why do we have that? Because we allowed video games to become a thing. The first computer we had was seen as a work thing. Gaming was mostly unheard of and when it started to come about spending a lot of time behind a computer or even console was looked down upon with the same counter arguments: if you want entertainment go play a board game / go outside / read a book. We're just repeating the cycle with a new thing.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

13 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

Yeah some people don't want to jerryrig a fan onto our gpu. Also if the fan dies while its mining and you aren't there it would be a big problem. 

not really. It would still have a heatsink, so the card would throttle into oblivion to stop the card from hurting itself.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

On 4/20/2021 at 5:27 AM, jagdtigger said:

Meanwhilw crypto uses as much as country.....

Gaming on consoles in the usa alone used half of the power equador has, I guarantee you that all gaming in the usa, console, mobile, handheld, pc, all combined use far more than most countries

< removed by moderation >

Edited by LogicalDrm

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Mohaface said:

Get an Xbox end of argument

MS is on my do not buy list.....  Anyway there is no arguments to be closed because an xbox is not a replacement for a desktop PC, never will.
(Plus it also has stock issues so cant get it either even if i wanted to [but i dont]. /EDIT Cactus-bonus: no support for ultrawide.)

Edited by jagdtigger

4 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

As someone who knows people who Uber you are wrong about the insurance thing. They have gotten in accidents before and insurance covered it just fine. And the car maintenance is insignificant for how little distance you are driving and the money made. 

Read your policy exclusions, every personal policy excludes commercial use. Even new car warranties exclude commercial use or set a much lower miles and length of warranty for commercial use of vehicles. Either they lied to their insurance (fraud) or the adjuster wasn't smart enough to ask/check or didn't care. 

https://wallethub.com/answers/ci/delivery-insurance-2140737645/

Anyway, isn't it a moot because of the changes coming to ethereum? It'll all move to different coins which may side step the limiter built for ethereum and stock won't be limited forever. I feel like this is a bunch of BS by Nvidia to segment the market for their gain and misdirect people to blame mining when the problem is supply.

16 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Read your policy exclusions, every personal policy excludes commercial use. Even new car warranties exclude commercial use or set a much lower miles and length of warranty for commercial use of vehicles. Either they lied to their insurance (fraud) or the adjuster wasn't smart enough to ask/check or didn't care. 

Anyway, isn't it a moot because of the changes coming to ethereum? It'll all move to different coins which may side step the limiter built for ethereum and stock won't be limited forever. I feel like this is a bunch of BS by Nvidia to segment the market for their gain and misdirect people to blame mining when the problem is supply.

I suspect there isn’t just one problem.  Some of them would have been minor except inventory hit zero.  Inventory is a sort of shock absorber for pricing and availability. When a shock absorber is removed the ride gets suddenly a lot bumpier and stuff that wouldn’t ordinarily matter suddenly does.  The question is what made inventory hit zero?  This is why scalpers are getting blame.  They contributed to that bit, effectively becoming the inventory holders themselves.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

8 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I suspect there isn’t just one problem.  Some of them would have been minor except inventory hit zero.  Inventory is a sort of shock absorber for pricing and availability. When a shock absorber is removed the ride gets suddenly a lot bumpier and stuff that wouldn’t ordinarily matter suddenly does.  The question is what made inventory hit zero?  This is why scalpers are getting blame.  They contributed to that bit, effectively becoming the inventory holders themselves.

A lot of factors came into play all at once to create a supply shortage. Blaming just one part of it is stupid, divisive, and is being exploited by Nvidia to create unnecessary market segmentation and false good will. They're not doing anyone any favors, except themselves. Now they can sell "Mining" cards at inflated prices, "professional" cards at inflated prices, AND still sell "gaming" cards at inflated prices AND hurt the resale value of the gaming cards that can't mine. We don't win. They do. Maybe very short term it may have a small affect on stock levels for "gaming" cards but once the Ethereum split happens or mining dies down again once the rally is over and Covid subsides and production returns stock levels will be fine. However Nvidia will keep the anti mining limiter I'm sure and charge up the wazoo for mining cards because they can even once it no long does anyone any good except themselves. It's all smoke and mirrors. 

4 hours ago, FakeKGB said:

Again, I don't think crypto has failed. If it's been around for 10+ years and hasn't died out - instead growing larger - how on earth does that mean it failed? Things that fail die. They don't grow larger.
Plenty of things do the same thing in different ways. Search engines, for example.

We have Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, Yahoo, etc. All of them serve the same function in different ways.

Bitcoin/Ethereum =/= cryptocurrency. Tether is an example of one such coin - one Tether is always $1 USD. It's tied to the value of the US dollar. There's also G-Coin - one coin = 1 gram of real gold.

If tether is always 1 usd then what is the point? Just put your money in usd and be done with it. There is no reason for the cryptocurrency if it's simply usd. Same with gold. You might as well buy gold stock at that point instead of that cryptocurrency. Also search engines actually did what they were supposed to over a decade after they were introduced. Actually they did so quite early on tbh. Cryptocurrency has failed to do what it set out to do for the past decade and I doubt the future is any different simply by virtue of what it is. You can have something have it be nonvolatile unless you tie it to something but if you tie it to something it is no-longer decentralized. Anyways its just a huge waste of energy. 

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

If tether is always 1 usd then what is the point? Just put your money in usd and be done with it. There is no reason for the cryptocurrency if it's simply usd.

The difference between USD and Tether is that it's a lot harder to fake a cryptocurrency. You don't have to fool a few people, you have to fool everyone. Plus there's anonymity.

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

Cryptocurrency has failed to do what it set out to do for the past decade and I doubt the future is any different simply by virtue of what it is. You can have something have it be nonvolatile unless you tie it to something but if you tie it to something it is no-longer decentralized. Anyways its just a huge waste of energy. 

Which is to be decentralized, anonymous, currencies?
Yeah, they haven't failed in that regard.

elephants

5 minutes ago, Bitter said:

A lot of factors came into play all at once to create a supply shortage. Blaming just one part of it is stupid, divisive, and is being exploited by Nvidia to create unnecessary market segmentation and false good will. They're not doing anyone any favors, except themselves. Now they can sell "Mining" cards at inflated prices, "professional" cards at inflated prices, AND still sell "gaming" cards at inflated prices AND hurt the resale value of the gaming cards that can't mine. We don't win. They do. Maybe very short term it may have a small affect on stock levels for "gaming" cards but once the Ethereum split happens or mining dies down again once the rally is over and Covid subsides and production returns stock levels will be fine. However Nvidia will keep the anti mining limiter I'm sure and charge up the wazoo for mining cards because they can even once it no long does anyone any good except themselves. It's all smoke and mirrors. 

That is what for-profit corporations do.  That Nvidia is behaving in an abusive manner is par for the course.  This is the way of for profit business lately.  They’re literally legally required to behave in the most evil manner possible. Personally My hope is that the new Mac desktops will game and I can opt out of this mess. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 hours ago, tikker said:

How is investing in AMD because you feel it had potential not based of thought and feelings? You felt that way because a) their technology looked intersting/promising b) if they could make an attractive product, people would buy and use it. AMD stocks have nothing to back them up either. If the company now goes "alright boys, Zen 3 that's it, nothing more" and just cracks a cold one doing nothing for the next decade their stock will drop and they become worthless.

Crypto operates in the same way. Sure 99% of us invest in it to make money, we'd be fools not to admit that and stocks are no different. Coins do well if a) they solve a real problem (in the crypto sphere) and have an interesting/clever way of doing so b) if their service is attractive and competitive. What this means is that if you now create another Bitcoin, it won't take off. Been there, done that, there are dozens of Bitcoin clones out there. Ethereum set out to do something different, Nano set out to be an actual usable currency which is fast and feeless. These all survive(d), because they were actual useful coins among the thousands of shitcoins.

From what point of view are you making this argument though. As a day-to-day currency? Sure there are better alternatives currently. A digital currency not so much yet (countries are looking into this now), just numbers that represent our regular money. However, what services offers me irreversible, immutable (pseudo-anonymous if you like) transfers of any amount? I'm happy to learn, but I don't know of any. I can send you 10k in BTC and nobody in the world can reverse it, deny it happened nor fudge with the transfer in between.

I mean you brought up the comparison first so... To circle back to the oppositions favourite GPU-related comparions, if video games dissappeared literally nothing would change. You could say people will lose their jobs, lose their entertainment etc. but why do we have that? Because we allowed video games to become a thing. The first computer we had was seen as a work thing. Gaming was mostly unheard of and when it started to come about spending a lot of time behind a computer or even console was looked down upon with the same counter arguments: if you want entertainment go play a board game / go outside / read a book. We're just repeating the cycle with a new thing.

Nope video games serve something irreplaceable. They creat new world to explore and provide engaging experiences to countless people. Sure there are other forms of entertainment but video games are definitely not something you could simply replace with something else. Also again AMD stock price does well when AMD does well aka not based on thoughts a feelings but performance of the company. The same could not be said for cryptocurrency. If what you said about the value of the concept of the cryptocurrency dictating the value of the coin then you would have constant value for cryptocurrency not the shit fest that is cryptocurrency. It swings wildly in price because it doesn't have any backing and it could go down or up at any moment for no real reason. 

15 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

That is what for-profit corporations do.  That Nvidia is behaving in an abusive manner is par for the course.  This is the way of for profit business lately.  They’re literally legally required to behave in the most evil manner possible. Personally My hope is that the new Mac desktops will game and I can opt out of this mess. 

As long as Nvidia doesn't have any competition in RTX or DLSS they're going to abuse the consumer as much as possible. Thats something i really dislike with most large companies nowadays, they find every possible way to make you lose as the consumer down to telling you what you can you with the thing you paid for, if Nvidia is going the "Apple way" with GPU's then IMO we might as well rent them lol.

I'd really like to see Intel have a competitive GPU, but I don't have much confidence in that because their Xe iGPU that was so hyped up still doesn't compare to a dedicated GPU, and Intel being Intel I wouldn't be surprised if they only allowed the use of an Intel GPU in a system with an Intel CPU.

The M1 mac mini does well for having a low power CPU with a higher power limit so I would guess a larger mac desktop would be decent for gaming, but gaming support is something macs have been lacking in for a while.

3 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

not really. It would still have a heatsink, so the card would throttle into oblivion to stop the card from hurting itself.

Yeah passive cooling is not even close to active cooling so even with throttling you could run into issues. 

51 minutes ago, Bitter said:

https://wallethub.com/answers/ci/delivery-insurance-2140737645/

Did you even read the article yourself? Some insurance companies cover simple stuff like that under normal insurance so no you are simply wrong.