I need help deciding if I should change anything on this list.

I don't trust anything Gigabyte makes with "UD" in the name because it tends to be what they slap on their low-end shit that they don't want to call Aorus. It's "Ultra durable," guys! Oooh! 

That Gigabyte PSU is also a time bomb. 

You may as well spend about $25 more and get an M.2 drive that's actually NVMe. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

6 minutes ago, Middcore said:

I don't trust anything Gigabyte makes with "UD" in the name because it tends to be what they slap on their low-end shit that they don't want to call Aorus. It's "Ultra durable," guys! Oooh! 

That Gigabyte PSU is also a time bomb. 

You may as well spend about $25 more and get an M.2 drive that's actually NVMe. 

ok

Budget (including currency): $1800

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 3D modeling FPS games VR Games

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I already have an RTX 2070 SUPER

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gJKQJf

Swap out that CPU for a 10850k and save $100. If you're gonna spend $500+ on a CPU you might as well go for a 5900X and swap out the motherboard as well. 

Edited by RONOTHAN##
typo

5 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Swap out that CPU for a 10850k and save $200. If you're gonna spend $500+ on a CPU you might as well go for a 5900X and swap out the motherboard as well. 

So I should change the CPU to the 10850k and the motherboard? or just the cpu

Just now, Beau Barrosse said:

If you don't change the motherboard than you can't use the new cpu, so yea

1 minute ago, Beau Barrosse said:

But make sure the motherboard is am4 and compatible with ryzen 5000 series

5 minutes ago, Omni Man said:

If you don't change the motherboard than you can't use the new cpu, so yea

If I use the 10850k what mother board should i change it to

5 minutes ago, Omni Man said:

But make sure the motherboard is am4 and compatible with ryzen 5000 series

ok

1 minute ago, Beau Barrosse said:

If you're sticking with Intel and going for the 10850k stay with that ASUS board, it's a pretty decent value. If you want to go for a 5900X because it's a lot better value, you need to swap out the motherboard.

5 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

If you're sticking with Intel and going for the 10850k stay with that ASUS board, it's a pretty decent value. If you want to go for a 5900X because it's a lot better value, you need to swap out the motherboard.

ok

-= Topics Merged =-

Reposting topics is not allowed.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Budget (including currency): $1800

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 3D modeling FPS Games VR Games

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I already have a 2070 SUPER

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/K6YYj2

Looks Pretty solid, except for the______ Gpu. That might be your bottleneck.

4 minutes ago, Beau Barrosse said:

Budget (including currency): $1800

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 3D modeling FPS Games VR Games

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/K6YYj2

This will be my first pc build is there anything to change?  I replied to you in the thread with a build and some advice. I'd suggest looking at it. Assuming you still have that 2070S, no not really. I still wouldn't recommend that build. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

will a 10850 bottleneck using it’s iGPU? For gaming almost certainly.  Still might be the best choice though with video card prices and availability being what they are.

The 4 memory slots can mean the memory will run slower.  It depends on how the motherboard memory is attached.  A gaming machine won’t need 32gb of memory though other uses might.  The board will take 16gb dimms so 2x16 might be faster than 4x8. Not sure though. I don’t know much about the motherboard.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

will a 10850 bottleneck using it’s iGPU? For gaming almost certainly.  Still might be the best choice though with video card prices and availability being what they are.

The 4 memory slots can mean the memory will run slower.  It depends on how the motherboard memory is attached.  A gaming machine won’t need 32gb of memory though other uses might.  The board will take 16gb dimms so 2x16 might be faster than 4x8. Not sure though. I don’t know much about the motherboard.

ok

Just now, Bombastinator said:

They said in a previous post they had a 2070S.

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

5 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

I forgot to add that, oops

Just now, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Ah.  That’s a bit different then

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

so, would i have to upgrade my cpu or gpu to help with the bottleneck?

8 minutes ago, Beau Barrosse said:

so, would i have to upgrade my cpu or gpu to help with the bottleneck?

If you want to keep the 2070S which might be a good idea at least for the very recent future depending on where you are  I would personally avoid changing much.  The 10850 is going to be a good bit faster than the 2070S, but the thing is as fast as a 3060ti which is already deep into difficult or impossible to obtain, so there’s no real point in increasing gpu ftm. It’s more than can be easily obtained currently anyway, again depending on location and various stuff.   Also I’m not sure it would be even possible to increase cpu speed much anyway. A 10850 is faster and has 2 more cores than an 11900. There isn’t even a real good way to make the cpu less powerful. Bottlenecks don’t hurt anything. They just mean that one component or the other will be a little cooler and quieter than it otherwise might be.

Edited by Bombastinator

19 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

If you want to keep the 2070S which might be a good idea at least for the very recent future depending on where you are  I would personally avoid changing much.  The 10850 is going to be a good bit faster than the 2070S, but the thing is as fast as a 3060ti which is already deep into difficult or impossible to obtain, so there’s no real point in increasing gpu ftm. It’s more than can be easily obtained currently anyway, again depending on location and various stuff.   Also I’m not sure it would be even possible to increase cpu speed much anyway. A 10850 is faster and has 2 more cores than an 11900. There isn’t even a real good way to make the cpu less powerful. Bottlenecks don’t hurt anything. They just mean that one component or the other will be a little cooler and quieter than it otherwise might be.

ok ty

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wfgcp2

another mediocre pcpartpicker list by me .-.

Saved money by yeeting : aio, asthetics, rgb

Upgraded : motherboard

10850k cause 50$ cheaper than a 10900k and performs the same

Z490 unify cause very beefy vrms good for 5.69ghz and beyond

Dark rock pro 4 cause one of the best air coolers aside from the nh d15 which should perform on par with most 360mm aios

Yeeted rgb cause good god you can spend your money on better things like actually upgrading your components and making your pc faster

Yeeted case cause might aswell save a few more $

¯\_ (ツ) _/¯

though the case op picked was actually pretty good (4000d)

With the money saved might aswell upgrade to a 5900x or spend it on a 420mm aio like the liquid freezer ii 420 and a case that can fit said aio, and maybe if you are really into it spend abit on asthetics and rgb but obviously dont get carried away

I agree that intel is still a good deal, Just get a Intel i9 10850k with decent ASUS Z490. 

If you like the RGB that is already a good build, But I agree that yeeting the RGB and getting a NON RGB stuff instead will save some bucks. Other than that you good

If you deciding to vomit the RGB, I can recommended you Noctua NHD-15/ Be quiet! Dark rock pro 4 with Fractal Design meshify 2 compact. It will performing like 360 AIO with Whisper Silent build

Hello there... I'm both speedrunner and tech nerd. But not professional...

steam pcpartpicker.com speedrun.com