I need help deciding if I should change anything on this list.

Budget (including currency): $2000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 3D modeling, VR Games, FPS games

Other details:  I already own a NVIDIA RTX 2070 SUPER

Seems nice for an i9 system.

About the ram, I notice that Trident Z Neo is a Ryzen focused ram. It will work with Intel too I think, but I can't confirm the exact difference.

I should note that you should change the PSU. If you get a good system like that, at least you will need a high quality PSU as well. That one is pretty average. I'd suggest you get one with at least 80 Plus Gold and a Tier A one from the PSU tier list they have on here.

Honestly a really solid budget. You have done really well with what you had to work with and it looks like it is going to be a godly build. I wish you the best of luck with it! 🙂

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 3D Modeling, VR Games, FPS Games

Other details: I already own a NVIDIA RTX 2070 SUPER

5 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

Why get a 9900k when it's the same price as a 10850k?

I don't know a lot about CPUs. What is the difference?

2 minutes ago, Beau Barrosse said:

I don't know a lot about CPUs. What is the difference?

The 10850k is the 10th generation, the 9900k is 9th generation. 

They are both i9s, so if the older generation is the same price as the newer generation, get the newer one. 

I also linked a new motherboard since the new CPU needs a different motherboard.

Also, you need 32gb ram max, I would not waste money on ram especially since it's easy to upgrade later if you really need that much ram.

4 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

The 10850k is the 10th generation, the 9900k is 9th generation. 

They are both i9s, so if the older generation is the same price as the newer generation, get the newer one. 

I also linked a new motherboard since the new CPU needs a different motherboard.

Okay, thanks for the advise.

5 minutes ago, Omar.B said:

Are you going to overclock? 

Probably not.

Welcome to the Form!

Here what I did 

this is easily to upgrade your GPU or add SSD but you can also cut from the PSU and the RAM to something cheaper I believe that's it  , tell me if I'm wrong or something , happy to help! ")

8 minutes ago, Omar.B said:

Welcome to the Form!

Here what I did 

this is easily to upgrade your GPU or add SSD but you can also cut from the PSU and the RAM to something cheaper I believe that's it  , tell me if I'm wrong or something , happy to help! ")

I would disagree with the 10900k, either go 10850k or 5800x, ram is definitely excess this kit is enough
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/gCCFf7/crucial-ballistix-32-gb-2-x-16-gb-ddr4-3200-memory-bl2k16g32c16u4b

2 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

I would disagree with the 10900k, either go 10850k or 5800x, ram is definitely excess this kit is enough
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/gCCFf7/crucial-ballistix-32-gb-2-x-16-gb-ddr4-3200-memory-bl2k16g32c16u4b

I agree with u for the CPU but for the ram I already said he can cut from it cuz its pricy and if he went with ryzen why not with a higher ram speed same price ,or he can go 4*8 or like u said.

Maybe spend less on RAM and get some more storage? Could only go with 32 gigs.

3 minutes ago, Benito593 said:

Maybe spend less on RAM and get some more storage? Could only go with 32 gigs.

If OP does work with a big,complex 3D model, those can be very very useful. But if OP is just using it to operate a 3D Slicer or something like that, he can get away with 32 or even 16.

Other than the SSD that i would swap for a 500GB nvme+2-4TB HDD, and changing case to a PC O11-D, H500P Mesh, or 5000D Airflow, the build is pretty great.

11 minutes ago, Beau Barrosse said:

The one built in with H115 is pretty good, ya dont need to replace it right out of the box.

12 minutes ago, Beau Barrosse said:

You can get cheaper OEM keys than 100$. Not even talking grey market here, i would expect retail copy at 100$+ because those allows seamless key transferring without having to throw a bone of RNGesus hoping that the key would transfer when you change the motherboard.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

looks like a pretty solid pc to me.

If you aren't planning to upgrading your gpu than 600W psu would be fine.

you should take another case, I cant find any good reviews on it and it seems like airflow is pretty bad.

you can get for that price very good cases, perhaps get a cheaper one.

you can go for faster ram if you are planning to oc your cpu

5 minutes ago, kendrick lamar said:

looks like a pretty solid pc to me.

If you aren't planning to upgrading your gpu than 600W psu would be fine.

you should take another case, I cant find any good reviews on it and it seems like airflow is pretty bad.

you can get for that price very good cases, perhaps get a cheaper one.

you can go for faster ram if you are planning to oc your cpu

okay, thanks for the advice

11 minutes ago, Beau Barrosse said:

A better option will be going with better MB ,cooler , thermal paste and case here 

and you can go with the non wifi version to save some 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($449.00 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i RGB PLATINUM 97 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($144.99 @ Amazon) 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5 g Thermal Paste  ($6.65 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock B550M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($228.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($106.00 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Enterprise Capacity 10 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($209.00 @ Supermicro) 
Case: Thermaltake H100 TG ATX Mid Tower Case  ($139.10 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($129.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1523.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-04-13 17:31 EDT-0400

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

I think omar's suggestion is way to overpriced, most of the parts he used are unnecessary for your uses.

supakoputa's build is much more fitted

• 1 month later...

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: VR Games, FPS Games, and 3D Modeling

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3LCht

18 minutes ago, Beau Barrosse said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: VR Games, FPS Games, and 3D Modeling

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3LCht

Be honest, do you really need a 10 TB HDD?

😳
Not that active so I may not respond.

5 minutes ago, Cool_Evlo said:

Be honest, do you really need a 10 TB HDD?

sadly.... yes