What is your iq?

Mao_Zedong
Message added by colonel_mortis

We know this topic is old, but for topics like this it is preferable to reuse the same topic than to create a new one.

the one that I did was an official one I did for school. I was top 2%

I've done a mensa type one (whichever standard it is they use) and scored 135ish I don't remember exactly, it was years ago.

You can improve score by practising, I remember I did every type of IQ test I could find for a few weeks, just out of curiosity.

got tested in school and got 135+? By the way, Einsteins iq is 160+

Unusual entry requirements, but alright.

that was what required to apply, to get in you need to pass a test, have taken algebra 2, and the teachers decide if you're ready.

High enough to not trust crappy online tests...

I got 124 on Mensa's test 3-4 years ago, for whatever that's worth. It's worth noting that the IQ scale changes, so a score you got let's say 10 years ago can not be compared to the score of someone that took it yesterday. On average, the average IQ increases 3 points per decade. Someone brought up Einstein before. Let's assume he had 160 in 1924, when he was 45 years old. On our modern IQ scale he would have a score of around 160-27 = 133, which isn't all that impressive (about 2% has more than that). IQ and knowledge and two completely different things as well. You can have high IQ and be very ignorant, and vice versa.

Tests taken when you are young are less reliable than the ones you get when you are older as well. Children often gets very strange results when taking IQ tests. One day they might get 140 and the next day they might get 100 or lower. It even out as you get older though.

Anyway... We have had this thread several times in the past. IQ tests online are often bullshit, even if the one you took is a legit one you shouldn't trust them if you're still a teenager/child. Last but not least, having a high IQ does not mean you are smart, and having a low IQ does not mean you are dumb.

There was a thread very similar to this one just a few weeks ago and everybody in it was lying left and right. Very few people actually know their IQ. Those stupid little internet tests are not accurate whatsoever and provide false information regarding ones intelligence quotient. Take everything you see here with a grain of salt and know that the average IQ is 100 with 90% of people falling below the 125 mark.

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

118.. So not really briliant but i'm that retarted so that is nice

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

I love how one of the tags is  "Dumbass".

I think mine is high 120s low 130s, but I'm really inclined to put 50-60 just for the hell of it.

I can be a cynical a**hole at times. I apologize if I cause any offence at those time. I also occasionally have issues communicating my point. Extreme introversion + Photographic memory + Some other things.

Desktop: i5-4670k - 8gb 1600MHz - MSI 7850

Laptop: i7-4810QM - GTX 870m - 8gb RAM

I love how one of the tags is "Dumbass".

I think mine is high 120s low 130s, but I'm really inclined to put 50-60 just for the hell of it.

I put in dumbass as a tag for the lols :)

There was a thread very similar to this one just a few weeks ago and everybody in it was lying left and right. Very few people actually know their IQ. Those stupid little internet tests are not accurate whatsoever and provide false information regarding ones intelligence quotient. Take everything you see here with a grain of salt and know that the average IQ is 100 with 90% of people falling below the 125 mark.

after seeing the results of this, I knew people lied and/or used Internet tests that have an average way over 100. My brother has an IQ of 145, and he is WAY smarter than anybody else I know

after seeing the results of this, I knew people lied and/or used Internet tests that have an average way over 100. My brother has an IQ of 145, and he is WAY smarter than anybody else I know

Yup. Just know that having a high IQ doesn't mean you are necessarily smart. IQ is a "measurement" of how your brain processes information and the speed/organizational structure in which it does it. I've met a fair share of high IQ but not super smart people. Lack of motivation or child-hood development issues can often cover up that untapped intelligence. 

The Lord's Prayer

I have no idea and getting a proper in person test is way too much work. I like to think i'm pretty smart!

Side note:

the one that I did was an official one I did for school. I was top 2%

Aren't you just the shit? 

I have no idea and getting a proper in person test is way too much work. I like to think i'm pretty smart!

Side note:

Aren't you just the shit?

no, I am not the shit, I am the golden coin hovering over the shit :P

dont know dont care dont wana know :P

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Implying any IQ test, internet or otherwise isn't a load of crap

ZyR5gu2.png

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Implying any IQ test, internet or otherwise isn't a load of crap

ZyR5gu2.png

The only test I honor is the one delivered and certified by MENSA.

The Lord's Prayer

131, was over 10 years ago though, I would say my lifestyle has had an effect on it since then. :lol:

But I definitely agree with others here, they are fairly pointless and should only be taken as a ballpark figure. There are too many bodies producing the tests and in a sense we are taught how to learn and that can vary a lot depending on your environment.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

The answer to Life, the Universe and Everything would be a bad one here I think :/ .

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!