What is your iq?

Mao_Zedong
Message added by colonel_mortis

We know this topic is old, but for topics like this it is preferable to reuse the same topic than to create a new one.

On 8/16/2019 at 2:55 AM, msknight said:

I don't think the thread is a train wreck... I think it's important to discuss things and demystify them. Because as you say, people DO get labelled by the number and people's expectations can be way off course and genuine hurt can and does happen, when those bars get missed. So conversation which demystifies the whole thing, throws it out in the open and shows IQ as not being some form of holy grail, is a good thing, I believe.

I think the only thing people need to understand with IQ is that it is a number that means nothing outside of the professionals who work with it.  It's fun to discuss the latest research on IQ and *enter condition here*, but that's all it is, a discussion.    Outside of very specific situations, knowing my IQ does not add to laymen's discussions on the internet.  

On that note I have been reading some work recently that is suggesting language and IQ are not as intrinsic to each other as first thought.  Yes there is a lot of correlation between the two, however other more concrete hypothesis have arisen that explain why that is.    It started when conditions like Autism, dyslexia and dyspraxia Which all have heavy associations with language delay and usage but were observed to track slightly higher on intelligence in many cases.    Which I would like to be more common knowledge, because the idea that people are dumb judged on the way they speak/communicate has always pissed me off.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

On 8/9/2019 at 10:16 PM, Zodiark1593 said:

Tbh, I'd imagine not terribly high. My short term memory is kind of a weak point. Only thing really positive (intellect-wise) is my insanely good long-term memory. I remember things in impressive details further back than 2 years old.

I'm exactly the same, can't remember where i put my keys down like 10 minutes ago, but still remember the time i dropped a glass of beer in my kitchen and ended up having to pull my oven out to clean like 5 years ago, the human brain is a funny thing

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

On 8/6/2019 at 6:13 PM, Cora_Lie said:

Yes, the average is 100 +-15

Here's a graph to visualize it

Now... Why so many 130+ here?

Many reasons:

• Fake internet tests
  • Dunning-Kruger effect
  • Some who are joking
  • A member proposed in a previous post the Third-person effect, but I'm not so sure about that (absolutely possible that I am wrong).
  • a few other reasons ^o^

yep i took a fake test and got 132. considering i had a 2.7 GPA i doubt that number was true

imo iq is nice and all but what i think is more important is what do you have to show for it?

there was a kid in my high school who won the national history bowl or something and he was in my lunch period one year and we would do this game where we search for the most obscure history fact at home and quiz him on it during lunch and he would get like 90% of them correct.

there was another kid who worked at fermilab on the weekends and helped with particle physics and he built his own cloud chamber

there was a kid who was in my chem class who was the only person in the world to get a perfect score on the ap physics exam that year

it doesnt matter if i took an official IQ test and got 200 and they got 50 i wouldnt for one second consider myself more intelligent than them

negative iq

/s obviously

supposedly 130 from 5 years ago

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh