What is your iq?

Mao_Zedong
Message added by colonel_mortis

We know this topic is old, but for topics like this it is preferable to reuse the same topic than to create a new one.

The answer to Life, the Universe and Everything would be a bad one here I think :/ .

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

Like I said...

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I do not believe that anyone that can quote that book can have too low of an IQ. Nor does it really matter. I have been around plenty of people that have book learning, but, have no common sense at all.

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

I took an IQ test once. I don't remember the exact score. I'm pretty sure I got a B.

Gotta do it in my language this isn't fair lol 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Nooo idea whatsoever. What's average for a high schooler?

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

What's up fam.

Hands are perfect cupholders.

the average is 100

Mine must be around 160-170 then.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

$200 Volvo 245

Mine must be around 160-170 then.

I VERY highly doubt that, that is top 0.0000007% or so, or smartest 1000 in the world. I am not positive, but I may do the exact number later.

I VERY highly doubt that, that is top 0.0000007% or so, or smartest 1000 in the world. I am not positive, but I may do the exact number later.

I was joking.

$200 Volvo 245

Took an IQ test a month ago, 139.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I shall say it's just about 20, my lack of knowledge is really astonishing

Iq isn't about knowledge, you can have memorized every science and math book from the past 5000 years, but have an IQ of 80. IQ is more about figuring things out.

Took an IQ test a month ago, 139.

was it an online test? if so, it is probably not accurate.

This thread is a penis size competition.  There is an actual reason why the bell curve peaks at 100, and according to these poll results only two people admit to being normal, everyone else either took a dodgy test or has a small appendage. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I once did one and I got 174...I doubt it was real tho.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

IQ is more about figuring things out.

was it an online test? if so, it is probably not accurate.

I know single ones aren't accurate :P

I took multiple tests and scored around the same on all of them.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

This thread is a penis size competition.  There is an actual reason why the bell curve peaks at 100, and according to these poll results only two people admit to being normal, everyone else either took a dodgy test or has a small appendage. 

I realized that when everybody was putting 120 or higher. I made this to partly to say i'm smarter than you, but everybody was putting really high numbers, so it didn't work

Iq isn't about knowledge, you can have memorized every science and math book from the past 5000 years, but have an IQ of 80. 

This is kind of the problem with IQ tests though especially when comparing them internationally.

A completely hypothetical situation here, but Imagine an alien came from some random far away planet and sat one of our IQ tests, there are certain sections that they would just flat out fail such as language... Or someone who was locked in a box for their entire life, it wouldn't accurately measure their ability.

I know they are usually set regionally, but still there are flaws when comparing them.  

You are surprised that the majority of people here scored over 100? Fair enough there are a few jokers, but it's a tech forum, not the general population. 

I think they are good for an estimate but I doubt their accuracy.

This is kind of the problem with IQ tests though especially when comparing them internationally.

A completely hypothetical situation here, but Imagine an alien came from some random far away planet and sat one of our IQ tests, there are certain sections that they would just flat out fail such as language... Or someone who was locked in a box for their entire life, it wouldn't accurately measure their ability.

I know they are usually set regionally, but still there are flaws when comparing them.  

You are surprised that the majority of people here scored over 100? Fair enough there are a few jokers, but it's a tech forum, not the general population. 

My estimate IQ for this forum is 110-120, that's still top 15%. Just because you know a lot about computers doesn't mean you have a high IQ.

being a tech community means nothing, are you suggesting that some who's interests lies with knitting should be less intelligent?  If it was a community centred around something that naturally attracts people of a higher iq (like quantum physics or psychology) then yes I would expect the average to pop up closer to 110, but computer enthusiast is no more challenging or in depth than being a carpenter, a mechanic or line manager in a factory.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

My estimate IQ for this forum is 110-120, that's still top 15%. Just because you know a lot about computers doesn't mean you have a high IQ.

Yeah but a lot of people here have other interests like science and mathematics. Generalizing here, but usually people who enjoy these subjects have an above average IQ.

being a tech community means nothing, are you suggesting that some who's interests lies with knitting should be less intelligent?  If it was a community centred around something that naturally attracts people of a higher iq (like quantum physics or psychology) then yes I would expect the average to pop up closer to 110, but computer enthusiast is no more challenging or in depth than being a carpenter, a mechanic or line manager in a factory.

Agreed but being interested in computers usually goes hand in hand with other subjects that I mentioned.

Anyways you dodged my question. 100 is average for Europeans, did you expect us to be below average? By your logic liking computers makes you less intelligent.

It was really just the way you described it though... I have been told that my brain is in my dick before, but never the other way around :lol: