Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter
Hi LMG!

My name is Rey, I go by the surname of Hammy or HammyTheHybrid online. I had a video idea for LMG, where you guys could make a review or multiple videos on the Azeron gaming keypad (https://imgur.com/a/7uXkRMW, https://www.azeron.eu/). 

The keyboard has multiple choices for colors, a choice for seperate palm rests, and choices for your hand size, all coming at different costs I'm guessing. (pictures here -> https://imgur.com/a/3Kk1KqE

It would be a cool video to make and I think a lot of content could come out of it, maybe a shortcircuit unboxing of it, then a LTT video where linus unboxes it, in the script him being surprised and skeptical, it would be good shock value for users seeing such an unusual keyboard, and then you guys could have a section where taran (the king of macros) goes in depth about using this keyboard for work or macro related stuff, as this is a keyboard for macros. He could go over the ergonomics, the software, the price, oh did I mention the keyboard is 3D printed? Its both a pro and con in my opinion, I believe orders do take a while to ship/arrive at your home, so it would be a give and take. That's my pitch for that video I guess! If you guys do end up using it, that would be awesome. If not, that's completely fine! I hope you guys have a wonderful day, you do amazing work :D

TWO VIDEO SUGGESTIONS:

(1) Make "THE ULTIMATE BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE PC." 

Basically, Make a modern computer that can connect to tons of old stuff (and potentially get that old stuff to put in it).

I'm thinking it should have stuff like:

• PCI
  • Parallel Port (like for printers)
  • FireWire
  • PS/2 (duh)
  • Game Port
  • Optical Disk Drive
  • Floppy Disk Reader
  • Whatever Else you can think of to put into it.

(2) Once you get the Blackmagic 12K Cameras, you should rig them all together to make a crazy high resolution 360º camera.

THANKS!

On 9/7/2020 at 12:28 AM, B.Toast said:

2020 version ultimate air cooler showdown. Which tower (or dual tower) heatsink & fan(s) combo offers the best performance? I'd personally like data collected to show temperatures, noise level, and price (base heatsink + fans used). To get extra spicy and stick it the water nation, you could offer comparison stats to a couple AIOs as well. 

With this, it could be good to add what you would need for different CPU's. Because I am sure there is a point when a cooler becomes overkill for a CPU. For example, I doubt you need a high end Noctua Dual Tower cooler for an Athlon™ Silver 3050GE (35W TDP). But something like that could be needed on a Ryzen 9 3950x.

It's been 1 year since the "cheapest 144hz monitor on amazon" video, I was wondering if it would be possible to get a revisit a year later? I was checking amazon.ca & came across the HKG GF40: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B07DJ4DS6B/

It's $240 CAD, but there's a $15 coupon that brings it down to $225, also no tax, because of no tax it would be cheaper then the Sceptre C248B-144RN (Possibly the same C24 that was reviewed a year ago?) that would be like $5 less before tax.

Edited by Lord Letto
Typo

I know that sometimes bigger projects are a bit of a hassle but I would love to see an old roll top desk/ postmaster desk converted into a stealth streaming and or work station.

The roll top desks i have seen have lots of nooks and crannies for stuff and seeing an LTT spin on an idea I had but lack expertise to pull off would be a dream come true.    Image of type of desk below 🙂

Love you guys and girls and keep up the phenomenal work 

-Dragons an avid fan and newer enthusiast

Screenshot_20200911-104258_Chrome.jpg

On 8/10/2020 at 2:21 PM, TBG101 said:

I would love to see an ultimate PC build that can push the new Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 FPS with Ultra-Wide monitor running @ 4K with everything ultra max out and still be able to do 200+ FPS!! Please take this challenge!!

No point "taking the challenge" since nothing can.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Okay so a few friends of mine watched the cardboard-pc-case video recently and had, what we think is, a really nice idea.

the cases you built were exclusively cardboard and with very limited time so the result, although cool, were kinda jank. But what if you made this on a slightly bigger scale? still as a competition but not 2 man teams ltt intern, but maybe between different tech-channels.
to make this something slightly different/new i suggest the following changes to rules:
 - more time obviously (a day or weekend maybe)
 - you have to have a set % of cardboard minimum, but are allowed to use 3D-Printed parts, that you have to design+print yourselves (for corners/backplate-mount/etc)

- add a new rating category that evaluates how easy it is to complete (based on how many 3D-printed parts are in there and how complicated the assembly is)
 - (optional) each competitor sends their plans to lmg and a few unrelated people build each design based on the plans/instructions and that result will the result that will be evaluated
 - either each competitor makes a separatet video about the design and how its supposed to work or just have them join via video call and promote their idea

also optional, but sort of the driving idea behind this: you can a) publish the winning design so people with 3D-printers can recreate them if they want and b) if you still have the 3D-printer farm you could also sell the 3D printed parts on ltt-store(dot)com for people that cant print them themselves. anyone who doesnt have enough cardboard at home can just buy moving-boxes or something similar.

the rules here are just suggestions, so feel free to change them as much as needed ^^

DARK MODE INTRO!!!

I know they've had it in some videos, but please make it the standard. It looks so cool and I think they know who their demographic is (we are gonna be up late)

XBOX One wireless Headset ”Jungle”

Please make video about wireless chat headsets to work with Xbox one. It is so stupid to buy wireless headsets what promise to be wireless but you still have to connect wire between controller and headset. Not nice. And about surround sound. I just bought Astro A50 and i really cannot tell sound direction with these expensive headset in Fortnite.

Thank you already!

On 8/21/2020 at 1:41 PM, ANONYMOUS700 said:

hello

I have been trying to build a decent gaming pc on a really low budget, and I recently stumbled upon the tesla k10, which can be purchased pretty cheap on ebay. The only problem is that it isn't meant for gaming as it doesn't have any outputs. All of the forums I have seen say there is a way to game with it, but none say how. I personally would be interested in a video that demonstrates how to do this.iu.png?width=400&height=175

Check out Craft Computing's Cloud gaming server series (especially the last part). Oh and don't buy it.
Based on this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_Tesla I think both K10 and M60 are like that.

1. Can you DIY a Tesla?

Review of the Comma.ai's Comma Two / Openpilot.

An open source project to get any car inteligent, the dev kit is 1000 USD.

2. Making a PC that's as quiet as Mac Pro

Replicating the pretty smart fan control, big fans etc. of the Mac Pro in a cheaper case with cheaper hardware.

Ever Since Scrapyard Wars 8 I've been wondering if maybe you could do a covid edition. You could have a longer deadline, but have to purchase everything with Prime. You'll have to hunt for the best deals (and if its sponsored by Honey that'd definitley help). There should be unlimited budget (similar to Scrapyard Wars 3) and you can only meet up at the end. Therefore it'll be much more difficult for Bunch deals (a lot of free chairs and tables). Also if you are going to do a similar theme to Scrapyard Wars 8, You should bring in some gamers/youtubers and have them give their opinion and play games on both setups. Would be nice to see what you think!

A guy asking and answering in his bedroom since he has nothing else to do

5 minutes ago, George Vella said:

Ever Since Scrapyard Wars 8 I've been wondering if maybe you could do a covid edition. You could have a longer deadline, but have to purchase everything with Prime.

Merged with the thread for posting suggestions for video ideas.

Though, I think you're missing the point of scrapyard wars if your idea is to just buy everything from Amazon...

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Merged with the thread for posting suggestions for video ideas.

Though, I think you're missing the point of scrapyard wars if your idea is to just buy everything from Amazon...

Sorry for posing it in general, I didn't notice.

It isn't exactly everything from Amazon ect. I didn't make myself clear enough and I meant buying some things online, and some things from local marketplaces ect. Sorry if I made myself unclear

A guy asking and answering in his bedroom since he has nothing else to do

Hey LMG staff. I was just wondering if you guys were planning to revisit 8k gaming with the 3090 and the new 8k displays?

Hi Linus and LTT Team, 

Can you make a video about curving the monitor of a 75" 8K TV in a custom mod way to make it fit better to a desktop use? 

I mean like a 75" 8K TV and use it as a desktop.

I'm actually a 43" 4K curved TV as a monitor since (2015?). But I wish to pass to a 8K (3090) and looks like is to flat!

And If you wish me for more ideas let me know.

Lol, that's not happening. If the panel isn't curved then it isn't curved.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

14 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

panel isn't curved

You was not watching latest Linus videos? Joking