What would you do with no gpu?

No gpu?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. If someone has no gpu, should you...

• Pay for a scalped new one
    • Get a MSRP gt710/1030 class card
    • Just suck it up and not use the system
    • Other: type below

Probably get something lower end and used for cheap. I can live without gpu heavy titles. Just gotta make sure it has enough ports for my monitors.

I'm actually thankful my previous RX480 died a bit before this madness ensued so I could replace it at a reasonable price. Now a used RX480 is more expensive than I got it new...

7 hours ago, wasab said:

Option 6:

Subscribe to cloud gaming(google stadia or Amazon luna) and then just stream/play pc games on your phone/smart tv. Google stadia base option is free and if you own the game(one time purchase) you can play without restriction or monthly fee. 

hahahahahha

Right. 

1 hour ago, The Torrent said:

Get geforce now for a while.

you need a gpu to use that. the system doesnt have a igpu.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

If my RTX 2080S is broken. I would buy a used DX12 graphic card, better than GeForce GT 710 / 1030. A used Radeon R9 290X for example, it's very cheap.

I would like to re-use my old Radeon HD 4870X2 (in my collection) but it's DX10.

PC #1 : Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI | i7-7700 | Cryorig C7 Cu | 32GB DDR4-2400 | LSI SAS 9211-8i | 240GB NVMe M.2 PCIe PNY CS2030 | SSD&HDDs 59.5TB total | Quantum LTO5 HH SAS drive | GC-Alpine Ridge | Corsair HX750i | Cooler Master Stacker STC-T01 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 2560x1440 @ 60 Hz (plugged HDMI port, shared with PC #2) | Win10
PC #2 : Gigabyte MW70-3S0 | 2x E5-2689 v4 | 2x Intel BXSTS200C | 32GB DDR4-2400 ECC Reg | MSI RTX 3080 Ti Suprim X | 2x 1TB SSD SATA Samsung 870 EVO | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li PC-A77 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 2560x1440 @ 144 Hz (plugged DP port, shared with PC #1) | Win10
PC #3 : Mini PC Zotac 4K | Celeron N3150 | 8GB DDR3L 1600 | 250GB M.2 SATA WD Blue | Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB | Samsung Blu-ray writer USB | Genius SP-HF1800A | TV Panasonic TX-40DX600E UltraHD | Win10
PC #4 : ASUS P2B-F | PIII 500MHz | 512MB SDR 100 | Leadtek WinFast GeForce 256 SDR 32MB | 2x Guillemot Maxi Gamer 3D² 8MB in SLI | Creative Sound Blaster AWE64 ISA | 80GB HDD UATA | Fortron/Source FSP235-60GI | Zalman R1 | DELL E151FP 15" TFT 1024x768 | Win98SE

Laptop : Lenovo ThinkPad T460p | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 2133 | GeForce 940MX | 240GB SSD PNY CS900 | 14" IPS 1920x1080 | Win11

PC tablet : Fujitsu Point 1600 | PMMX 166MHz | 160MB EDO | 20GB HDD UATA | external floppy drive | 10.4" DSTN 800x600 touchscreen | AGFA SnapScan 1212u blue | Win98SE

Laptop collection #1 : IBM ThinkPad 340CSE | 486SLC2 66MHz | 12MB RAM | 360MB IDE | internal floppy drive | 10.4" DSTN 640x480 256 color | Win3.1 with MS-DOS 6.22

Laptop collection #2 : IBM ThinkPad 380E | PMMX 150MHz | 80MB EDO | NeoMagic MagicGraph128XD | 2.1GB IDE | internal floppy drive | internal CD-ROM drive | Intel PRO/100 Mobile PCMCIA | 12.1" FRSTN 800x600 16-bit color | Win98

Laptop collection #3 : Toshiba T2130CS | 486DX4 75MHz | 32MB EDO | 520MB IDE | internal floppy drive | 10.4" STN 640x480 256 color | Win3.1 with MS-DOS 6.22

And 6 others computers (Intel Compute Stick x5-Z8330, Giada Slim N10 WinXP, 2 Apple classic and 2 PC pocket WinCE)

Me? 

Spoiler

I'd cry, be sad, and buy a 30$ cheapo off eBay. Good thing that i'm not building one right now.

(WARNING: I EDIT MY POSTS ALL THE TIME. GRAMMAR IS HARD.)

"As I, a humble internet browser who frequents the forum of the well known internet tech YouTuber 'Linus Tech Tips', named after host Linus Sebastian, have trouble understanding the intent of the authors' post, I find solace in the fact, that I am indeed not alone in my confusion. While I stumble through the comments above, I am reminded of a quote which helps me to cut through ambiguous and unnecessary verbiage. The simple eloquence of the phrase often uttered on internet forums leaves any reading it in no doubt as to the true intent of the wording. I believe that I, and indeed all of us can take a lesson from the message left by it:"

(Formerly known as @EjectedCasings)

"Thanks bro, my inner grammarian just had a stroke."

-Yours truly, EjectedCasings

"It's stupid, but it works"

"AAAAAAHHH WHY AM I SPEEENING!"

Enthusiast web surfer, 'epic' gamer.

#muricaparrotgang

If your CPU has intergrated graphics then you can play some games.

I guess i contributed to the scalping issue. 

Got my hands on a Gigabyte RTX 3080 gaming OC for 300$ above MSRP. 

Though it was either that. Or i'd have to carry over my damaged GTX 1070 to my new build. 

All parts are now sitting at my desk atm, and just needs to be build.

I'm an impatient person, when i want it. I want it sooner rather than later.

5 hours ago, Nick123pc said:

If your CPU has intergrated graphics then you can play some games.

The op says the system has no igpu.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

I'm lucky enough to have an "acquirable" 1060 6GBs (would probably need to remotely guide my brother to remove it from my old computer and then have it shipped) if my GPU decides to march off into the sunset.

Failing that, I'd definitely buy a cheap-o second hand old GPU.

Hell, I'd probably have to buy it anyway, if I have to wait until my brother can be bothered to go to our mom's place to retrieve the 1060...

20 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

you need a gpu to use that. the system doesnt have a igpu.

Oh in that case pic up some old asf crusty card that just about works and use geforce now.

tbh it would give me a excuse to go back to console, so go back to console.

Other: i have a 2200G laying around for that sweet 30fps/sometimes 720p experience. 

Also I still don't know how my Pentium 1 plays full screen 3d titles at 60fps without any gpu whatsoever... maybe it's on the motherboard but i doubt it. 👀

On 4/6/2021 at 7:41 PM, HelpfulTechWizard said:

no igpu

So stunt car racer 3D all day and every day, could be worse!  😅

Oh, someone else? Well Id actually sell them my 1050ti for a high price I guess?  I actually need money lol  😕

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I would look on ebay for a 1050ti or a 1060 if you get a good bid or message the seller you can probably get either for about 100-150$ USD but that’s just luck these days lmao

I have a EVGA 7950 GX2 I could use in a pinch if it came right down to it...