I broke my camera man's bed! - Intel $5,000 Extreme Tech Upgrade

CPotter

Glad there is an SFF representative on the team. 

T1! T1! T1! T1! T1! T1! 

Sorry I'm excited, I just saw a FormD T1 in the description lol. Awesome case, one of the best cases in the world imo!

He upgraded from a Ghost S1 too, two awesome cases.

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

That intro is so sick

Linus's painting hobo transformation needs more anime magical girl-style silhouetted nudity. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Everyone steals from LTT.  Good thing Linus is cool with it. 🤦‍♂️

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

Linus should make an actual painting tutorial on 1st of april.
Like actually going into all the details and standards etc, while not minding if it goes past 10-20+ minutes long. Maybe include a montage of paint drying as well.

Probably include everything from pre prep to how to even clean a painted wall from dust and other stuff.

I know I would watch it at least.

F for the bed.

Was that a cheap IKEA bed frame?
Looks like the kind of bed frame that comes with a warning saying "do not jump on the bed" on it.
That's why any good long lasting bed frames, are either made of solid materials that reach to the ground, or have pegs in the middle to add support (for frames larger than twin)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Did Linus realize that the T1 can fit a 3090 FE? Andy clearly did, because he specified that the 3080 FE is the biggest card that fits "in this configuration", since the T1 can be switched from 2-slot to 3-slot mode. In 3-slot mode, the 3090 FE fits without issues (temps are good too, 75c with no undervolt).

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

Honestly I was happy when the bed broke in half. It felt so out of place, a sofa there is a much better option, or maybe a recliner chair.

The whole setup is amazing, the monitor, pc specs and TV are such a great combination. Andy has good taste and photography.

1 hour ago, CPotter said:

That's hilarious, because I did something similar today. My friend didn't tell me his bed was broke an I sat on the broken part haha

1 hour ago, CPotter said:

Does someone know what monitor arm/stand he uses?

What paint did Andy get? I was looking for neutral grey, but couldn't find anything.

StreamFX Ambassador (s.xaymar.com/streamfx-dc for support)

Zephyrus G14 (5900HS, 3060) running Fedora i3 and some 14nm Skylake for hosting linux repos

Can someone provide any details on that peg board thing with the controller's on it? It looks awesome and just what I'm looking for, but I'm struggling to find it online.

32 minutes ago, Skeeter said:

Can someone provide any details on that peg board thing with the controller's on it? It looks awesome and just what I'm looking for, but I'm struggling to find it online.

Would love to know too!

1 hour ago, GodAtum said:

What headphones was he using?

Looks like the HyperX Cloud Alpha, which I think is the only HyperX Cloud headset with those 'holes' in the earbands:

image.png.77358c04eed90342cf894ff9a3e2fb98.png

37 minutes ago, Skeeter said:

5 minutes ago, 3VRMS said:

Would love to know too!

It might be the IKEA Skadis.

Has the some oval/pill shaped holes and the distinct 'button' like holding screws.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Let's look at Andy's haul: Stolen, stolen, stolen, stolen, stolen. Nice haul! 

Damn that small pc build is awesome and the overall setup as well.. And yet this upgrade felt weaker, or less entertaining than the others before? I'm still jealous though.

Is that low profile cooler and even smaller fan really going to be able to keep that CPU cool?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

17 minutes ago, Arika S said:

CPU cool?

He's effectively running an NH L12, since he used the 92mm fan on the NH L12S. My 3700X uses 125-130W under full load and the L12 S1 Edition keeps the temps to at or below 75c. At stock PL, this might be fine, but definitely not limits removed.

I'm sure Andy will get his revenge for the broken bed when he permanently fixes a massive black dildo onto Linus's chair at work :old-laugh:

Since it was a pretty cheap bed anyway, how about replacing it with a futon? You get sofa and bed in one.

oh my gosh I can't bealive that bed breaking was uncut

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

42 minutes ago, minibois said:

Looks like the HyperX Cloud Alpha, which I think is the only HyperX Cloud headset with those 'holes' in the earbands:

image.png.77358c04eed90342cf894ff9a3e2fb98.png

It might be the IKEA Skadis.

Has the some oval/pill shaped holes and the distinct 'button' like holding screws.

It is the IKEA Skadis! Thanks!

48 minutes ago, sub68 said:

oh my gosh I can't bealive that bed breaking was uncut

That and I love how he points to every little thing that still has the protective film on 😄

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

3 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

That and I love how he points to every little thing that still has the protective film on 😄

Which was greater, the amount of plastic or the amount of things stolen from the office? lol