YouTube has deleted SemperVideo, a 13 year-old educational German IT channel

itrr14

People always see me as l33t hax0rz when I open PowerShell...

Another case of YouTube's reporting system and algorithm failing for everyone except the top 1% of channels (even then being a terrible experience) and being easily abused.

We've got a backup of the channel if people want to get the videos (mid December 2020) thanks to u/einhuman198

Desktop : Intel I7-760 @ 2.80 / MSI H55M-ED55 / Kingston 2x4 GB DDR3 1333MHz / Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / Radeon HD 5770 1GB / Western Digital 1To Caviar Green / Corsair CX500 / NZXT M59 / BenQ EW2440L (1920x1080@59Hz) / W2040 (1600x900@60Hz)

Laptop : MSI GP60 2PE-061XFR Leopard / I7-4700HQ @ 2.40 / MS-16GH / HyperX  DDR3 1600MHz 2x8 GB / Intel HD Graphics 4600 / GeForce 840M 2 GB / Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB / WD Blue 750 GB

Since YouTube is getting quite abusive with outright banning and deleting Channels for no good reason, I wouldn't be surprised if Governments start Regulating YouTube and similar Services due to this..

11 hours ago, whm1974 said:

Since YouTube is getting quite abusive with outright banning and deleting Channels for no good reason, I wouldn't be surprised if Governments start Regulating YouTube and similar Services due to this..

Generally, this "deletion" thing is already kinda illegal, possible destruction of evidence, obfuscation, etc. 

Of course, nobody cares because "das Internet ist für uns alle Neuland" but technically this can be (very) illegal. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Generally, this "deletion" thing is already kinda illegal, possible destruction of evidence, obfuscation, etc. 

Of course, nobody cares because "das Internet ist für uns alle Neuland" but technically this can be (very) illegal. 

Well I was thinking something quite different then that. More like restrictions on Corporate Power.

Meanwhile DEFCON videos and actual guides about software vulnerabilities continues to be monetized.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

12 hours ago, williamcll said:

Meanwhile DEFCON videos and actual guides about software vulnerabilities continues to be monetized.

Because it would be a suicide? :old-unsure:

On 1/22/2021 at 7:47 PM, itrr14 said:

The biggest issue at the moment is that the claimant has all the power and can disagree when you protest it, and you end up with a strike on your channel, even if you never had any of their content in your video in the first place, and YouTube will do nothing to help.

isn't just YouTube btw, most of the biggest platforms act in the same way

like ebay and their shitty "vero program"

amazon works at the same way too

the support it's just a waste of time

On 1/22/2021 at 1:33 PM, itrr14 said:

The first strike came from a video where SemperVideo showed viewers how to install a VPN using the command prompt and the reasoning for the strike was "showing hacking instructions"

ExpressVPN.jpg.30f3595c386374945d3b54a16812a569.jpg
~~Shoulda got a sponsor~~
/s

On 1/25/2021 at 9:17 PM, williamcll said:

I'm guessing that the videos on software vulnerabilities are being kept up for documentation purposes, but there is no guarantee that someone who'll exploit the vulnerability is a researcher or malicious. It's a real catch-22, do you leave it up for archival and documentation or do you remove it because someone malicious could take advantage of it?

Get used to it.  Big Tech is a Big Problem.  Anyone spreading information on how to bypass Big Tech will be silenced.  

Ever wonder why some politicians fought to have Youtube/Google and Facebook reclassified as publishers?  

These services claim to be platforms that allow all legal content, when in reality, they are selectively suppressing content that doesn't align with their corporate objectives.  Their platform their rules right?  Wrong.  In being a platform, they get tax breaks and incentives for allowing dissenting opinions and views to be posted.  By blocking legal posts/videos they are in fact a publisher and should be reclassified as such and lose their tax breaks and incentives.  

When they are publishers, they can moderate however they feel like.  

Main Computer: CPU - Ryzen 5 5900x Cooler - NZXT Kraken x53  RAM - 32GB Corsairsrair Vengeance Pro GPU - Zotac RTX 3070 Case - Lian Li LanCool II RGB (White) Storage - 1TB Inland Premium M.2 SSD and 2x WD 2TB Black.

Backup Computer: CPU - Ryzen 7 3700x Cooler - CoolerMaster ML240 V2 RAM - 32GB G.Skill RipJaws GPU - Gigabyte GTX 1070 FE Case - Cougar QBX Storage - 500GB WD Black M.2 SSD 

1 minute ago, TargetDron3 said:

Get used to it.  Big Tech is a Big Problem.  Anyone spreading information on how to bypass Big Tech will be silenced.  

Ever wonder why some politicians fought to have Youtube/Google and Facebook reclassified as publishers?  

These services claim to be platforms that allow all legal content, when in reality, they are selectively suppressing content that doesn't align with their corporate objectives.  Their platform their rules right?  Wrong.  In being a platform, they get tax breaks and incentives for allowing dissenting opinions and views to be posted.  By blocking legal posts/videos they are in fact a publisher and should be reclassified as such and lose their tax breaks and incentives.  

When they are publishers, they can moderate however they feel like.  

Just to make sure I read that right:

Political parties want YouTube, Google, and Facebook to become publishers so they can moderate more, thus censoring stuff more?

elephants