2-3 PCs unused...What to do with them?

Hurla

Hey what's up and how's it going everyone? Let me just jump into it! 😄 The thing is I've been buying some pc's and I have a problem I think I am a PC HOARDER if you can call it that way...LOL. So I have the HP i5 2500 with 8gb DDR3 RAM (it can be 16 though) with a gt 220(HP) + integrated graphics. I also own the i5 750 (I just love this processor BTW) with 16GB DDR3 RAM ( I can make it 8 though) with the 560Ti Graphics card (no integrated graphics). AND I also have the i7 4770 inside the Cooler Master S full tower (custom painted) with the 16GB of Kingston HiperX BEAST BUT RUNNING IN SINGLE CHANNEL not in dual..CONFUSING (1.65W or V not sure probably Volts)  with ZOTAC Special Edition GTX 1070 and a WD Blue 1TB HDD. Motherboard is ASUS Z-97 (THE PROBLEM CHILD). Now the motherboard only B1andA1 (or B2 and A2) slots are running but I don't have any beep codes when I switch to the other ones or try running in dual channel. BTW THIS i7/ASUS motherboard is a whole different issue...(but I would appreciate the help). The main problem is what to do with an extra PC? I am already using one of them to watch movies, YouTube etc... What can I do with the other one? I am a WordPress Web Developer (perfecting myself actually but I know some stuff), Video Editor (Intermediate really but still perfecting myself). I have a wish to be a YouTube content creator and streamer ( I actually already did that but I got burned out and I own a very small channel now but I would like to do it as a hobby). WOW! I wrote a lot of stuff here...LOL! Anyways...I am new here, I've been subscribed to Linus's channel for a while now and I am looking forward to being the part of this community really!

A big thanks to all of you and...

...PEACE PEACE! 😄 

I don't have have a problem

*looks at two pc's unused

you can set one up with hard drives as a NAS

another one for a bed side pc (for things you don't want the main machine or just got up and want the urge to do something)

the other one for windows 7 games (if you play older games)

youcould give them to people who need a cumputer

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

1 minute ago, sub68 said:

Bloody amateurs, always cluttering up the place 🤪

I just gave away 3 systems, and still have 7 spare ones.

Ok, yeah, maybe I have a problem...

10 minutes ago, Hurla said:

What can I do with the other one?

Hackintosh, *nix box... 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I own 9 computers.

4 are unused because I don't have the parts or time to get them running, yet.

3 are doing nothing because I don't need their services right now.

2 are running - my MC server and my main tower.

You could turn one into a Minecraft server.

elephants

1. Emulation Device
  2. Hook it up to your TV (or put it somewhere else in your house) and use it to stream games from your main PC using Steam Link, Parsec, etc.
  3. Run a Minecraft server (or a server for some other game)

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

Well my old rig is a Plex/NAS/Folding@home machine.

GTX 970

32Gb ram

EVGA 650 G2

Asus Maximus VII Hero

Noctua Nh-D14 all Noctua fans

1 SSD 2HDD

20210106_141954.jpg

20210106_142015.jpg

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

15 minutes ago, NineEyeRon said:

Can we make them fight or something?

You know, that's actually kind of an interesting idea....a virtual boxing match or something.

Trick would be determining the rules...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Another vote here for Folding @ Home. For science.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

1 hour ago, sub68 said:

another one for a bed side pc (for things you don't want the main machine or just got up and want the urge to do something)

Well, thank you for your reply but...I am not in the position to giveaway stuff right now so I would guess your reply is kind of condescending.

1 minute ago, Hurla said:

I am not in the position to giveaway stuff right now so I would guess your reply is kind of condescending.

not everybody is

Well, thank you for your reply

no problem

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

2 hours ago, sub68 said:

They are all windows 10 but I could play some games though that's a good idea but I've been looking for something like a server solution or something

2 hours ago, ragnarok0273 said:

I own 9 computers.

4 are unused because I don't have the parts or time to get them running, yet.

3 are doing nothing because I don't need their services right now.

2 are running - my MC server and my main tower.

You could turn one into a Minecraft server.

Could I do something with one of those so I run it as a test server for my web apps? Linux Debian for example?

I should probably mention I don't play games much...mostly CS:GO and Sundered Eldritch Edition so...

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

You mis-read things entirely.

I was poking fun at Sub68, he's a friend of mine.

My only comment toward you, wass directed with an @ symbol, which was a Hackintosh, or perhaps learn Linux on one of them.

Oh...Sorry about that buddy It's my bad and I apologize! Sorry for all the other things as well... 😄 Please forgive me! 🙂 Sorry again!!!  Ummm...I had some experience with Linux DebIan and I could run that as a server but Ubuntu is much simpler. Is Ubuntu good enough? Sorry for the bad things a thousand times again...I am new here and not all forums are friendly but that's no excuse so sorry once again! 😄 I said sorry too many times, didn't I? 😄

Just now, Hurla said:

Oh...Sorry about that buddy It's my bad and I apologize! Sorry for all the other things as well... 😄 Please forgive me! 🙂 Sorry again!!!  Ummm...I had some experience with Linux DebIan and I could run that as a server but Ubuntu is much simpler. Is Ubuntu good enough? Sorry for the bad things a thousand times again...I am new here and not all forums are friendly but that's no excuse so sorry once again! 😄 I said sorry too many times, didn't I? 😄

No worries! It's all good, text is a difficult medium to convey humor and stuff. Don't lose sleep over it, we're all a good bunch of folk at this forum.

As to Linux, Ubuntu is the 800 pound gorilla in the *nix world for home users (RedHat for work) and it is very friendly. I run several Ubuntu boxes, one for Machine Learning, where it excels.

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

No worries! It's all good, text is a difficult medium to convey humor and stuff. Don't lose sleep over it, we're all a good bunch of folk at this forum.

As to Linux, Ubuntu is the 800 pound gorilla in the *nix world for home users (RedHat for work) and it is very friendly. I run several Ubuntu boxes, one for Machine Learning, where it excels.

Thank you so much for your advice I really appreciate it and I will be happy to follow it! So sorry once again for being a dick I don't know what's gotten into me...So sorry again and thanks for your advice! Do you have any advice on my motherboard issues on my i7? it's an asus z97 and I am only running my memory at a single channel now, the other 2 slot's aren't working. I took the whole thing out...and everything...the only thing I didn't try is cleaning it with a contact cleaner spray...

Just now, Hurla said:

Thank you so much for your advice I really appreciate it and I will be happy to follow it! So sorry once again for being a dick I don't know what's gotten into me...So sorry again and thanks for your advice! Do you have any advice on my motherboard issues on my i7? it's an asus z97 and I am only running my memory at a single channel now, the other 2 slot's aren't working. I took the whole thing out...and everything...the only thing I didn't try is cleaning it with a contact cleaner spray...

You could try reseating the CPU - it might have bad contact.

elephants

It's all good, no worries, don't lose any sleep over it. 

As to the RAM issues, have you tried only 1 ram stick at a time? Some systems are only happy with matched RAM in specific slots, so trying one at a time may not work. I'll look at the mobo manual in a bit and see what it has to say...

17 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

text is a difficult medium to convey humor and stuff

my English class had a lesson about it today

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

1 minute ago, ragnarok0273 said:

You could try reseating the CPU - it might have bad contact.

I will try that and post the results hopefully it will work. I pulled the motherboard outside the PC housing, I have all the non contact rubbers I tried the different ram modules, installed the new UEFI BIOS, bought the brand new Duracell battery...cleared CMOS and all the things but it's still the same. This motherboard should be good enough and if it failed then I should have some error codes....Right? Under the loop...I didn't see any crooked connectors on the ram slots and the funny thing is that 2 paired or impaired ones aren't working...

1 minute ago, sub68 said:

just had a lesson of that today

my English class has a lesson about it today

Emojis help a bit, sometimes a lot, but it assumes the emojis convey the same meaning across cultures. So yeah, humor in text is very tricky. Sometimes you get marked "funny" in which case your meaning came across.

What did your Instructor have to say in class about text and meaning?

7 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

It's all good, no worries, don't lose any sleep over it. 

As to the RAM issues, have you tried only 1 ram stick at a time? Some systems are only happy with matched RAM in specific slots, so trying one at a time may not work. I'll look at the mobo manual in a bit and see what it has to say...

I did and I tried different ram types (all DDR3 of course) but the main one is HyperX Beast 1.65V by Kingston and the results are the same