2-3 PCs unused...What to do with them?

Hurla
2 minutes ago, Hurla said:

failed then I should have some error codes.

If the board is old enough, then no, you wouldn't get any codes, just unstable performance and non-repeatable issues. 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Emojis help a bit, sometimes a lot, but it assumes the emojis convey the same meaning across cultures. So yeah, humor in text is very tricky. Sometimes you get marked "funny" in which case your meaning came across.

What did your Instructor have to say in class about text and meaning?

Me being an idiot is my bad LOL Sorry again 😄

Just now, Hurla said:

I did and I tried different ram types (all DDR3 of course) but the main one is HyperX Beast 1.65V by Kingston and the results are the same

Did the RAM you try make it on to the QVL (Qualified Vendor List)?

It's basically a list the mobo maker says will work without issues on their board.

Has the system always done this, or only recently?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Hurla said:

All good my friend, all good.

If the board is old enough, then no, you wouldn't get any codes, just unstable performance and non-repeatable issues. 

So it's the possibility that my motherboard is faulty? It gets all sorts of codes if I pull all the ram out though

What did your Instructor have to say in class about text and meaning?

basically she said any text could be interrupted as a yell or normal.

so emphases on context is useful

probably more but I forget at the moment

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Did the RAM you try make it on to the QVL (Qualified Vendor List)?

It's basically a list the mobo maker says will work without issues on their board.

Has the system always done this, or only recently?

Actually it just keeps beeping 😄

1 minute ago, Hurla said:

no no its fine I am just relating to what happened today

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

3 hours ago, Hurla said:

ASUS Z-97

There are a number of boards that start with this name, I assume it's the Z97-A?

Just now, Hurla said:

that anint good maybe try QVL

as @Radium_Angel

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

It gets all sorts of codes if I pull all the ram out though

Yes, that means the board is missing a vital component needed to POST, and tells you this. That's a good start

It's on the vendor list and I tried the other...standard ram which is on the list as well and every time I put the ram in the other 2 slots I just get a black screen and that's it...

It's on the vendor list and I tried the other...standard ram which is on the list as well and every time I put the ram in the other 2 slots I just get a black screen and that's it...

Assuming you followed this section 1-7 of the .pdf

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/Z97-A/E9378_Z97-A_UG_V2_WEB.pdf

Then I have to assume the board is somehow defective.

4 minutes ago, Hurla said:

Beep codes can be quite useful in troubleshooting, is there a specific numbers/types of beeps you get? short, long, that sort of thing usually there's a pause in between the beep series, then it repeats again.

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Assuming you followed this section 1-7 of the .pdf

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/Z97-A/E9378_Z97-A_UG_V2_WEB.pdf

Then I have to assume the board is somehow defective.

Is it possible to fix it or should I get a new one then? The sad thing is that my "Awesome DDR3 modules" are working on a single channel memory so...

Is it possible to fix it or should I get a new one then? The sad thing is that my "Awesome DDR3 modules" are working on a single channel memory so...

Eeeeee....fixing would require a serious knowledge of what failed, and the ability to do component level repair.

Are you killer with a soldering iron and an oscilloscope?

Btw...why is DDR3 more expensive than DDR4 now? What's the deal? I can get 1151 motherboard for a decent price but it brings the expenses up and I am just a low income freelancer for now...

Eeeeee....fixing would require a serious knowledge of what failed, and the ability to do component level repair.

Are you killer with a soldering iron and an oscilloscope?

No but I do have a friend who is working for a company that does that and maybe I could get a freebie 😄

Btw...why is DDR3 more expensive than DDR4 now? What's the deal? I can get 1151 motherboard for a decent price but it brings the expenses up and I am just a low income freelancer for now...

DDR3 isn't in production anymore.

elephants

DDR3, except for very few exceptions, isn't made anymore, so what's out there, is what you can get, whereas DDR4 is in full production.

Here's a fun one for you: hit eBay and find an old I7-3770k and scream at the prices they want for it.

No but I do have a friend who is working for a company that does that and maybe I could get a freebie 😄

I mean if you're willing to sacrifice the board, why not?

I'd replace the RAM slots, the main chipsets and then hope for the best.

Note, getting an exact chipset will probably require sacrificing a working mobo of the same model from ebay

7 hours ago, ragnarok0273 said:

DDR3 isn't in production anymore.

That makes sense but the demand seems to be enormous so it brings the prices up...

7 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

I mean if you're willing to sacrifice the board, why not?

I'd replace the RAM slots, the main chipsets and then hope for the best.

Note, getting an exact chipset will probably require sacrificing a working mobo of the same model from ebay

With you saying that I actually have a cheap mobo in my country and I can keep my processor and the water cooling...and RAM so maybe I should just buy those? 

7 hours ago, Hurla said:

With you saying that I actually have a cheap mobo in my country and I can keep my processor and the water cooling...and RAM so maybe I should just buy those? 

What I meant almost the same mobo for the low price...kind of...

There is one more thing I will try and I will keep you posted...it's the non conductive contact cleaner spray (because everything looked pretty dusted and yellow, something like resin -even the CMOS battery) and if that doesn't work it's just defective (almost dead in other words). Once again thank you everyone especially @Radium_Angel. Is there any way to edit or delete my previous posts? I feel quite embarrassed about those...

2 minutes ago, Hurla said:

There is one more thing I will try and I will keep you posted...it's the non conductive contact cleaner spray (because everything looked pretty dusted and yellow, something like resin -even the CMOS battery) and if that doesn't work it's just defective (almost dead in other words). Once again thank you everyone especially @Radium_Angel. Is there any way to edit or delete my previous posts? I feel quite embarrassed about those...

Naa, don't worry about it, it's all good.

You might get a kick out of this

8 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I actually edited all of my previous post with " I AM AN IDIOT" LOL!!! Hold on let me look at this video 😄

11 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

isn't "brushing" a really a good method of destroying your mobo? Now I am really confused I didn't watch the video all the way though but...:D