Would you serve if you got drafted in World War 3???

Ngrungebb91

I do have ALOT of knowledge on world wars. Which is why I think this situation is VERYYYY dangerous. This seems very similar to WWI. We need a situation to start off tensions, Invasion of Crimea( or back in WW1, the balance of power in europe).. Then we need a firestarter... maybe that Ukrainian soldier that was killed today, maybe some sort of propaganda. I dont know anything is possible( Assassination of archduke Franz Ferdinand back in WW1) Then we have the alliances. USA, EU, NATO, Ukraine . vs. Russia and whoever else they have allies with( Allies and Central Powers in WW1) Lets not forget, the sanctions. Everything is set in stone. Its very scary similiar.. I just don't support it. Its not in USA's interest.

obviously you dont know much. this event is very minor to the rest of the world. the only reason it seems big is because its in a country that has well established media and internet and the data about the war can be leaked. this will all be old news in about 5 months time. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Porch with a shotgun. Hell I'll even make the porch. No point in fighting a war under literally the dumbest circumstances for it's coming about. This would probably piss some people off but I'd rather stand for ideas than a flag where those ideas no longer sustain it. And that goes for everyone. I don't pick favorites. I hate equally. :)

This is not a simple question at all. The ramifications involved here are HUGE. Too many little questions ifs and buts.

Would I fight for my country? Hell Yes.

Would I fight for what America is today? Fuck No.

TekSyndicate Forum Moderator: https://forum.teksyndicate.com/users/njm1112

5930K@4.3Ghz | 16GB 4x4 2133Mhz | r9-290 | 6TB Raid5 | 250GB 850Evo | 8.1pro | RM750

obviously you dont know much. this event is very minor to the rest of the world. the only reason it seems big is because its in a country that has well established media and internet and the data about the war can be leaked. this will all be old news in about 5 months time. 

Well I'm sorry, that is what history has taught me and it looks oh so similar to WWI. History always repeats.

Motherboard - ASUS P6X58D-E Processor - Intel i7 930 Bloomfield OC'd @ 4.01Ghz, 1.28v | RAM - 12GB Corsair Dominator @ 8-8-8-12, 1600mhz | Graphics Card - EVGA Geforce GTX660 SC 3GB @ +75mhz core, +500mhz mem | Power Supply - Seasonic X650 Gold

CPU Cooler, Fans - Corsair H-90 w/ Noctua FN14 push/pull, Gelid Wings UV Blue  | Case - Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2 |

you sir have no honor for your own country.

Edit: I dont like war as much as the next guy but when your country calls, you stand up grab your gear and you fight. you do it because freedom isnt free. 

So you're willing to shoot at people that may legitimately want to be part of another country because the US says no? What kind of reasoning is that?

Lol we went into Afghanistan and Iraq looking for WMDs right? We never found em.... and it threw our economy off balance. 

Our trade relations with Ukraine aren't very heavy, and bringing "freedom" to them shouldn't be something we should be involved with seeing how their not yelling at the world to help them out. Were already considered the world police to many...  Well that's my take at least. 

The only reason we have a reason to go to war is if the conflict affects the members of NATO in which we have a treaty and an obligation to defend and attack the enemy that is threatening those in the NATO treaty

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

I would defect to Russia

i3-2120|4gb 1333|GTX 650ti 1gb|Fractal R4|Corsair 430w 

I would defect to Russia

Unless you're Russian or Slavic in general, that would be a bad idea.

What if the threat at hand has nothing to do with being hostile to our Constitution and has little effect on our foreign and domestic interests(Interests of the common people). 

"In addition to the written document and the Common Law, the Constitution also includes Treaties, which, although they are valid only insofar as they are not in conflict with the written Constitution, are superior to both the Common Law and to State constitutions and laws, to the extent that those might be in conflict with the Treaties. Thus, some of the Treaties that have been adopted extend and clarify some of the rights, powers, and duties provided in the written Constitution. For example, that is how "federal ground" is extended to include coastal waters out to a certain distance from shore, and the grounds of U.S. embassies abroad, and how the rights of the people are amplified by the Charter of the United Nations and by various bilateral and multilateral Treaties that extend civil and commercial rights to U.S. citizens abroad."

In the end, if my General says to fight, I must fight. If I know that this command is against my beliefs in God, I shall take my earthly punishment and die a martyr.

The only reason we have a reason to go to war is if the conflict affects the members of NATO in which we have a treaty and an obligation to defend and attack the enemy that is threatening those in the NATO treaty

I'm aware of our politic relations, sighhhh bad decisions will get us into heaps of trouble....

"In addition to the written document and the Common Law, the Constitution also includes Treaties, which, although they are valid only insofar as they are not in conflict with the written Constitution, are superior to both the Common Law and to State constitutions and laws, to the extent that those might be in conflict with the Treaties. Thus, some of the Treaties that have been adopted extend and clarify some of the rights, powers, and duties provided in the written Constitution. For example, that is how "federal ground" is extended to include coastal waters out to a certain distance from shore, and the grounds of U.S. embassies abroad, and how the rights of the people are amplified by the Charter of the United Nations and by various bilateral and multilateral Treaties that extend civil and commercial rights to U.S. citizens abroad."

In the end, if my General says to fight, I must fight. If I know that this command is against my beliefs in God, I shall take my earthly punishment and die a martyr.

I see, respectable... 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I'm a British citizen so yes I would be obliged to defend the country from invaders.

If we were to be invaded I'd rather die on a battlefield than cowering in a jail.

I am actually getting back into the Army so I would have to answer yes to OP's question.

Also, Soldiers dont fight for politics or their views, they fight for their brothers in arms.

Americans should be scared. Russia will destroy America in a war.

Uh, no. While it probably not come to war, the US has a bigger, better equipped standing military, a larger navy and air-force and a higher yield of a nuclear arsenal. The US spends more on defence than the next 20 countries combined. Not to mention we have more allies.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

If a war breaks out. It will kill millions of us.

not really, with modern tactics, warfare strategies and medical knowledge, the loss of life would be minimal, on both sides, compared to the world wars.

Go and fight while the politicians who made the "Ok" to start shooting sits snug in their congressional seats and watches from afar? I think not.... It highly depends on what the war is about, and I'm not falling for watered down propaganda. 

If I'm going to put my life on the line it'll be for my ideals, If I'm forced to go to war I'd only be there to make sure the guys next to me don't go down. 

^^^^This

Don't know about you 'Muricans, but I would personally think twice before joining the army for war. Just my opinion.

EDIT: And i'd probably get discarded.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

depends on who i was fighting for, US, no.. finland, yes :D

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

There's a think called nukes, America has a lot of them, so does Russia, so I don't think there will be a WWIII, rather a Cold War II. IF it gets to that. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

There's a think called nukes, America has a lot of them, so does Russia, so I don't think there will be a WWIII, rather a Cold War II. IF it gets to that. 

What we really need is another space race. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

No. I'm a man of diplomacy

Diplomacy doesnt work when there is a mad man on the other side.

You're all nothing but units sent to slaughter.

Get over yourself, anyone in the military is a person just like you, they know full well what they are doing.

What we really need is another space race. 

Nek minute, orbital bombardment from ODIN satellites. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

I have a feeling that if such a world war would ensue, Russia would do what they have always done. THROW MORE PEOPLE!!!

Anyway, I feel like war isn't fought face to face much anymore.  We have unmanned drones, vehicles, robots with machine guns, huge smart bombs, submarines with ICBM's, nobody really fights face to face anymore unless your enemy is in hiding, such as in the middle east. And even still it's kind of rare to be in the kinds of situations like in the first and second world wars where you're fighting literally for different floors of a house.  Nowadays we just stand back and level the whole damn thing with a bomb.

Anyways, to get back on Topic, technically, we (Lets just pretend I'm not Canadian, for a second) as Americans, if we went to war with Russia, would most likely not be a sole US effort.  It would most likely be the United Nations or NATO, which arguably is, the United States, but whatever.  So, in that situation, we would not be fighting for our country(s), we would be fighting for the Ukrainian's, as a supporter of international law and human rights and all of that which the UN protects, and NATO supports.  So, don't bother trying to put forth the argument that you would be "fighting and dying for your country", unless you are proposing this in retaliation to an attack on your soil, or on your troops or civilians.  Otherwise, you just sound like a bit of a fool that blindly kills whatever the country points their finger at.

In regards to my previous statements, I'm fairly sure that if war DID break out, it would take some time for the draft to be put into effect.  It may take anywhere from a week, to a year, I don't know.  But I'm sure that it would not take effect right away.  The United Nations / NATO / U.S.A have enough immediate fighting forces to at least begin facing the conflict without any drafted personnel, easily.  

However, if and when the draft ever did take into effect, It would certainly be under plenty of international scrutiny.  You cannot draft a population that doesn't truly wish to fight.  There wouldn't be enough prisons.  However, there are always going to be those strong bodied weak minded young males (and females) that trample everything they see and are brought up thinking that everything their superiors tell them is right, and is what they have to do, that make the draft possible, and plausible.  They are willing to kill whatever their leaders point at without question, and they have very little thought as to what they are doing and why.

If I were to be drafted, I would graciously take my time to assess the situation of the conflict, what sparked it, why it is ongoing, and what reasons the draft was taken into effect.  I certainly wouldn't get my papers, run to the nearest base and report for duty yelling "I will server my country."

In certain situations I would gladly defend my country and it's people from harm with my life, given the opportunity.  Given other situations I may also gladly give my life to defend the rights of other inhabitants of this world that we call home, in the hopes that I may help our fellow people of this earth and bring them closer to peace in the coming times. Other situations, I may simply refuse to go to war and take my jail term, however long, with no guilt of mind. However, would I give my life, and accept a draft to go to war with the Russians over a country in Europe that supposedly had an overwhelming support to join with Russia in one of it's regions anyway?  I think not.  

Now, as I'm sure that the hate it flowing through someones veins as of this moment more vigorously than ever before, I will continue to sit up here in Canada, all cozy  in my blanket sipping a hot coffee, and let my young 17 year old mind wander about less worrying things. 

Such as the fact that the big bang theory gained an immense amount of evidence recently, and is even closer to being proven, and that we are more and more likely everyday to realizing some of the greatest wonders to ever cross the minds of intellectual giants, as well as young men such as myself, and everyone else.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz Motherboard: MSI Z87 G43 RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked Case: Bitfenix Ronin

Storage: 120 GB Samsung 840 series SSD, WD Green 2TB PSU: XFX core edition 650W Display(s): ASUS VE228H 21.5IN 1080P Cooling: CM Hyper 212+

Keyboard: Microsoft P.O.S Mouse: Corsair Raptor M40 Sound: Sennheiser PC 330 Headset

The draft will occur because we don't have enough men to go against Russia. MILLIONS of us WILL die. WWII was bad enough already.

Millions of us wouldn't die. The nature of warfare has changed since WWII.

If a world war were to break out, it wouldn't be thousands of men in trenches running into machine gun fire.

shiet dawg I think we have a large enough military there is literally no need for a draft system atm.

If you really want to get things done, draft citizens. The problem then is that few people will tolerate being drafted.

Also, OP: No. The world we live in is so economically interdependent that it is very unlikely that a full scale war will be waged in the near future.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking