Loramentum - A watercooled, wall mounted rig - Fan and lighting upgrade! 27/01/17

Maki Role

I think you've noticed this Maki Role, but for everybody else, Loramentum has been featured on EK Water Blocks facebook page.

Just wanted to add that you're last update looks stunning.

I do have a question for you though, aren't you afraid of getting really tired and bored with the gold colour scheme?

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

I think you've noticed this Maki Role, but for everybody else, Loramentum has been featured on EK Water Blocks facebook page.

Just wanted to add that you're last update looks stunning.

I do have a question for you though, aren't you afraid of getting really tired and bored with the gold colour scheme?

Haha indeed I had noticed, a friend sent me the memo, was quite surprised to say the least, that's the second time it's been featured there now. As for getting tired of the gold, well it's like any other colour scheme really. I doubt I'll get bored of it for quite a while, now had it been red and black on the other hand, I'd have been bored before even starting :P

Finished Projects: Loramentum, VesperModerne, ExsectusAetos

Current Project: Parvum Argentum

Haha indeed I had noticed, a friend sent me the memo, was quite surprised to say the least, that's the second time it's been featured there now.

Not to make it sound too cheesy, it deserves it. Blood, sweat and tears have been shed I'm sure.  :P

As for getting tired of the gold, well it's like any other colour scheme really. I doubt I'll get bored of it for quite a while, now had it been red and black on the other hand, I'd have been bored before even starting :P

Second that, the standard colour schemes is getting a bit old when you browse through all the builds on LTT and reddit.

Gold is a bit drastic, if that makes any sense. It a colour scheme you either love or hate I think.

Not to make it sound too cheesy, it deserves it. Blood, sweat and tears have been shed I'm sure. :P

Second that, the standard colour schemes is getting a bit old when you browse through all the builds on LTT and reddit.

Gold is a bit drastic, if that makes any sense. It a colour scheme you either love or hate I think.

My color scheme is interesting.

Ap123 blue, dark wood, and chrome/mirror

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Funnily enough, I think you're right about how gold can be seen as a drastic (for lack of a better term). But I think that's also what's drawn me towards it, there's a certain amount of challenge to getting it right. Gold can so easily descend into tackiness, saw a gold wrapped Ferrari 458 Italia a couple weeks ago down the road, looked bloody awful. I definitely think it's fun to try and tread that edge though, which is why I've only gone for gold accents.

My color scheme is interesting.

Ap123 blue, dark wood, and chrome/mirror

That's a nice combo, it's actually the exact one (well, I was going to use limed wood instead of dark) I was originally planning to use in this build, but the lack of decent motherboards around at the time halted that.

Funnily enough, I think you're right about how gold can be seen as a drastic (for lack of a better term). But I think that's also what's drawn me towards it, there's a certain amount of challenge to getting it right.

Which makes this build log worth a look, because the big question really is, can you pull it off or not?

Obviously as a community we want you to succeed, especially when you've spent a lot of money on it, I assume.

Gold can so easily descend into tackiness, saw a gold wrapped Ferrari 458 Italia a couple weeks ago down the road, looked bloody awful. I definitely think it's fun to try and tread that edge though, which is why I've only gone for gold accents.

This is definitely a main concern I have, on the behalf of the builder, when I see a bold colour scheme like gold. You could end up with something awful like the 458, powerful and an engineering masterpiece on the inside but unfortunately the owner decided to give it some less pretty paintjob.

If I were to build something like yours I would keep it to one or two gold items as centerpieces for the build. So I have a gold mechanical keyboard, which would be a desk centerpiece and then a single centerpiece in the build itself.

What you've done with gold accents is the other way I would do it.

So far I think your way of doing things looks better than what I could imagine my first option/suggestion to look like.

Not exactly a major update or sorts, but I decided to pick up a quick and simple PSU tester. From what I've heard this one's nice and simple and does what it says on the tin. Whilst I probably don't really need it, I'm certain that it was some dodgy wiring on my part that killed one of my SSDs last year, would rather not risk it this time round.

2045b0.jpg

18c701.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Right well I believe it's about time for...

AN UPDATE!

Sorry for taking to long with this one.  To cut a long story short, I was on holiday for the last week of July and the first few days of August.  However, as soon I planted my feet on UK soil, I started working on the final part that needed to be laser cut.  I was originally going to go with aluminium here and paint it, but in some inspirational haze I realised that it would be much better if instead I went with matte black acrylic.  Needless to say, I'm glad I went that route.  It really does look fantastic in person, I'll have to see if I can nab some better pictures later on.

C61ITy.jpg

0zGemm.jpg

oXJ1CX.jpg

sweet, does look really good, i heartily applaud.

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

I think I am looking forward to the completion of this system as much as you!

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

This is really coming together nicely

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

sweet, does look really good, i heartily applaud.

I think I am looking forward to the completion of this system as much as you!

That last picture looks so good :3

This is really coming together nicely

Thanks everyone!  We're pretty much on the home stretch now, which hopefully should mean some pretty regular updates too.  I'll be picking up the parts for the flight case soon enough also.

How the hell have I only just now seen this??? Insta-sub!

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

i assume you sent it to some place to get that laser cut done for you?

if not please share your secrets ;)

My Build log of the Satan's Cave PC Desk Project is starting to get in action! Come check it out if you feel like it  :) 

the gold plated EK block is my favorite bit. just downright amazing.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

How the hell have I only just now seen this??? Insta-sub!

Haha, well with so many great builds floating around on here, it's pretty easy. Wouldn't have it any other way either, this place is awesome (as shown perfectly by your build :P)

Argh me secret be out, yeah I sent the CAD files to a local place to have the panel laser cut. I originally wanted to do it my hand, but I simply lack the space and tools (the main issue being not having any sort of bench to work from) to do so right now. Smaller pieces, yeah it can do those, but this was a bit too large, precise and delicate for what I have now.

What an amazing job ! this is very ambicious ! i love that ;)

EPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC

the gold plated EK block is my favorite bit. just downright amazing.

Thank you! :D

Ahhhhh Gold dom plats oooooooooo :)

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

One extremely good thing about still being at school... I can use a laser cutter for free, it is a good one as well.

So I spelt something wrong in my post... I don't care I don't read through what I write and I type very quickly.

Intel 3770k stock, MSI Z77A-GD65, MSI GTX 760, Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600Mhz 16Gb, Corsair RM 550W, Samsung 830 256Gb, some random hdds.

That is pretty damn sexy... I'm curious to see how it will sit on the wall.

As am I actually. It'll most likely not be used in a wall mount for a while, so I might wait on that. I'll be designing a stand that'll fit underneath for use in scenarios where a wall mount isn't suitable (like at LANs, should fit into the case).

Ahhhhh Gold dom plats oooooooooo :)

91997-I-love-gold-gif-Goldmember-Mik-o3X

One extremely good thing about still being at school... I can use a laser cutter for free, it is a good one as well.

Yea I used the heck out the laser cutter when I was at school. It was actually a new purchase when I was in my final two years, so I went to al the courses and whatnot with the staff in order to learn how to use it properly. Effectively became a technician rofl, had other staff members asking me for help (for things like rastering or focussing the beam on different material thicknesses). Good times, would love to have one myself, alas no space nor enough funding.

Yea I used the heck out the laser cutter when I was at school. It was actually a new purchase when I was in my final two years, so I went to al the courses and whatnot with the staff in order to learn how to use it properly. Effectively became a technician rofl, had other staff members asking me for help (for things like rastering or focussing the beam on different material thicknesses). Good times, would love to have one myself, alas no space nor enough funding.

I am in exactly the same situation. I came out of an exam last month to find teachers lost because neither me nor the teacher who knows how to operate it fully was in. I will purchase one in the future if I have the funding. 

I also forgot to say, the build is looking amazing. 

So I spelt something wrong in my post... I don't care I don't read through what I write and I type very quickly.

Intel 3770k stock, MSI Z77A-GD65, MSI GTX 760, Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600Mhz 16Gb, Corsair RM 550W, Samsung 830 256Gb, some random hdds.