Is it a good time to build a new pc or should I wait till February?

Go to solution Solved by Rohith_Kumar_Sp,

wait until feb, 3080ti is rumoured to launch in Jan. plus too much demand now for the christmas, let it all cool down.

Looking to build my first gaming pc for myself, not sure if this year Black Friday deals is a good time or not.

What is your budget? This year's Black Friday has been really disappointing. But Ram prices are at a low.

If you're going for a high-end PC then I'd wait until RTX 3000 and RX 6000 come back in stock.

1 hour ago, solidcrazyy said:

Looking to build my first gaming pc for myself, not sure if this year Black Friday deals is a good time or not.

I would personally wait. Black Friday deals this year don't seem all that great. Plus there's quite a shortage of GPUs which will hopefully recover by February.

Edit:

Yea you could purchase storage and RAM now. Those seems to have alright deals.  

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

2 minutes ago, Coolmaster said:

What is your budget? This year's Black Friday has been really disappointing. But Ram prices are at a low.

If you're going for a high-end PC then I'd wait until RTX 3000 and RX 6000 come back in stock.

budget around 500 - 1000 

thinking of saving up to 2000 - 2500

I agree with previous comments that this year’s Black Friday deals on most PC components are underwhelming due to overall stock issues. I have seen some compelling Monitor deals lately so you might want to buy a nice gaming monitor this weekend or on cyber Monday; that way when you finally do build your PC you will have a nice monitor and know what fps and resolution to target with your component choices. 

By feb the stocks probably normalize and you probably have more options like the upcoming Ryzen 5600.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

A lot depends on what specs your after.

The main problem currently is the GPU market is in flux. Not only do we have massive availability issues with the new top end cards (which you may not have been looking at anyway) but the new midrange cards havent been released yet, and the prices of last gen have stayed high, which inevitably means you'll get stung if you buy now as your paying top end prices for last gen tech.

If you can wait, i would do so. If you cant, then personally, i'd plan to go B550/5600x, but if you cant get a 5600 then get a used 3600 chip. They're still decent, if not as fast as a 5600, but buying used means you wont lose as much if you do upgrade to 5600 later.

GPU wise, definitely buy used until the market settles.  Theres no point paying the massively inflated prices currently being asked for the new cards unless you magically find one at MSRP. 

Your budget is very wide, so its quite difficult to really drill down to a spec from that. At the lower 500 end of the market, none of the newer bits are really involved in the decision, and i would take a different approach to building a machine than i would at say 1000 or 1500.

no, finding a cpu for a decent price is impossible, GPU's are out of stock everywhere, the only thing that's good right now is ram prices

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

2 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

no, finding a cpu for a decent price is impossible, GPU's are out of stock everywhere, the only thing that's good right now is ram prices

Your right, for mid-high end...

But at $500 to $1000, i'm not sure you'd be buying the latest high end bits anyway. He really needs to firm up a budget, because it all hinges on that.

wait until feb, 3080ti is rumoured to launch in Jan. plus too much demand now for the christmas, let it all cool down.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Don't buy now, the latest tech is simply not available (Nvidia GPUs, AMD GPUs and AMD CPUs) and the generational improvements have been so big that buying products from the previous generation doesn't make sense in my opinion, especially when it comes to GPUs. Wait until the new AMD CPUs and current gen. GPUs from both manufacturers are in stock.

There is no replacement for RGB except more RGB ?

16 minutes ago, Aragorn- said:

$500 to $1000, i'm not sure you'd be buying the latest high end bits anyway. He really needs to firm up a budget, because it all hinges on that.

no like i'm trying to find a 3600 or below right now and i cant find shit except 2nd gen, which they are charging third gen prices for, go look for yourself.

AMD blackout rig

5 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

no like i'm trying to find a 3600 or below right now and i cant find shit except 2nd gen, which they are charging third gen prices for, go look for yourself.

Its all market dependant ofcourse, And for a $500 budget, your potentially having to go for something like a 1600AF or 2600. But agreed, prices are shit across the board currently. In my market (the UK) a 3600 was selling as low as £150 in the summer. They're now back up over £200 currently and also out of stock everywhere.

I can get a 3600 for £140 from Aliexpress, and on a super tight budget i'd be looking at something like that. Infact when i built my lounge gaming machine at the start of the year, Aliexpress was the best source for a budget CPU. I paid around £80 for a 2600x.

2 minutes ago, Aragorn- said:

1600AF or 2600

1600AF is gone, unless your lucky and can find one used, and the 2600 costs $200 on amazon, newegg, B&H, basically everywhere

AMD blackout rig

-> Moved to New Builds and Planning

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv