US Gov't Finally Relinquishes Control of the Internet

http://gizmodo.com/us-government-finally-relinquishes-control-of-the-inter-1544138981

si7m69w61ufmy2vi9oho.gif

That's all folks. Officials announced on Friday that the U.S. government would surrender control over the internet—or at least the administration of the internet. It's unclear who will take over the responsibility, but as The Washington Post points out, it will almost surely not be the United Nations.

You're probably thinking, "Wait a second… the U.S. government had control over the internet?" And you would right to wonder what the heck is going on. After all, the internet by its very definition is a free and open global communication network. Or at least it's supposed to be.

However, the U.S. government did sort of invent the internet. The internet grew out of a Defense Department project in the 1960s called ARPANET, though the network was really built by many many scientists from around the country and around the world. Nevertheless, for a complicated set of reasons, the U.S. government maintain administrative control over certain parts of how the internet works, specifically through a long-running contract between the Commerce Department and the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN). The latter party is who controls the assigning of internet domains like .com, .org, etc.

Interesting. Very interesting indeed. I didn't really expect this. After all, NSA spying hasn't really died down too much, and for all we know, there are many strings in the background that the US government is pulling. 

P.S. Dear America, please don't let it be China.

Opinions?

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

US giving up the most powerfull way of communication? nope, not gonna happen,

Also you profile pic says it all @AlwaysFSX

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Everyone read this. http://www.infowars.com/obama-administration-turns-the-internet-over-to-the-globalists/

Apparently this is a really bad thing. Now since the globalists have control, we will see mass censorship everywhere. YouTube will no longer be accessible because of "copywritten" material. Maybe even LTT unfortunately. They wont let linus post videos on certain products because its not what THEY want. Google will limit your searches and put out what the globalists want to feed you. Everything will be controlled by the NWO and the globalists. We wont be able to sell products on ebay for example without the NWO getting 50% of the cut. This is a horrible and sad situation. Its the end. R.I.P. internet :( It was nice knowing you guys. WE NEED 1776! REVOLUTION!!!! OUR FOUNDING FATHERS ARE HEROES AND STOOD UP TO TYRANNY AND WE SHOULD DO THE SAME!

Motherboard - ASUS P6X58D-E Processor - Intel i7 930 Bloomfield OC'd @ 4.01Ghz, 1.28v | RAM - 12GB Corsair Dominator @ 8-8-8-12, 1600mhz | Graphics Card - EVGA Geforce GTX660 SC 3GB @ +75mhz core, +500mhz mem | Power Supply - Seasonic X650 Gold

CPU Cooler, Fans - Corsair H-90 w/ Noctua FN14 push/pull, Gelid Wings UV Blue  | Case - Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2 |

Everyone read this. http://www.infowars.com/obama-administration-turns-the-internet-over-to-the-globalists/

Apparently this is a really bad thing. Now since the globalists have control, we will see mass censorship everywhere. YouTube will no longer be accessible because of "copywritten" material. Maybe even LTT unfortunately. They wont let linus post videos on certain products because its not what THEY want. Google will limit your searches and put out what the globalists want to feed you. Everything will be controlled by the NWO and the globalists. We wont be able to sell products on ebay for example without the NWO getting 50% of the cut. This is a horrible and sad situation. Its the end. R.I.P. internet :( It was nice knowing you guys. WE NEED 1776! REVOLUTION!!!! OUR FOUNDING FATHERS ARE HEROES AND STOOD UP TO TYRANNY AND WE SHOULD DO THE SAME!

You are quoting Alex Jones' website of all things...

That guy is nuttier than a pistachio and almond ice-cream with walnut and hazelnut sprinkles.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

END OF THE INTERNET ERMAGAWD!!GET YOUR WIFE,KIDS AND RUN AWAY!

Really?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

You're a mess.

So.. exactly what the US have been working really hard to do this entire time?

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

LOL

Funny that Mr. Alex Jones is alive given that he apparently is the only person who exposes the truth....You would think that if the world was controlled by a cabal, they would have gotten rid of him....Don't you think?

You should seriously study history instead of believing in this lazy conspiracy crap.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Do i understand that the word "internet" is french? I feel proud!

Do i understand that the word "internet" is french? I feel proud!

only according to 4chan "le internet"  LOL.  :unsure: :ph34r:

can I have your computer when you quite using the internet and go underground to your survival cave?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

That's because they've invented the Internet 2 and are moving on

not serious

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Well early us left other Tyranny to start a new, slaughtering of native Americans, witch trials, slavery, separation.. Etc etc

Wat_zpse2ba790f.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

More news on this subject.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-03-17/the-u-dot-s-dot-ends-control-of-icann-gives-up-backing-of-the-free-speech-internet

Giving away the US's power is something that Obama is getting very good at. I just hope the UN doesn't take over and start making all of the ADs on the internet obout "Climate Change". I can't take anymore.

Intel 4670k, MSI Z97 Krait Edition, 2 x 4 Gbs G-Skill Trident X 2400 Mhz, CPU full W/C loop, Sapphire R9 290-flash to a 290x, Samsung 840Pro 128 Gb SSD, Seagate 1 Tb Hdd, Seasonic SS660x2 Platinum PSU, NZXT 2m white sleeved LED strip. 9 Fans all Corsair SP or AF except 1 80mm high speed for NB/VRM cooling. Corsair 750 full tower case.