Remember this day…

Its nice to see AMD at the top.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Wasn't the 3700X $329?

Unless your chart meant to show the 3800X

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Level1Tech also made the same reference as the title of this thread.

To quote the last the line of Wendell's intro, "Red again reigns."

EDIT: Nevermind, I actually watched the video and it's not a Guy Fawkes reference.

Edited by Dissitesuxba11s

Created an account just to ask for the CS:GO tests to be done in the lowest settings and lower resolutions too as a very big number of players play in 1024x768 in the lowest settings possible in 4:3 (also some pro players do this).

I've seen some other videos of people who got over 1300 fps with a Ryzen 7 5800X and 2080Ti playing on very low settings.

Thank you, just something to consider.

3 hours ago, mjaafar said:

So, other than power consumption, number of cores and the inclusion of a cooler, not that much of a difference

Yes, excluding the differences, there are no differences.

21 minutes ago, IanSzot said:

Created an account just to ask for the CS:GO tests to be done in the lowest settings and lower resolutions too as a very big number of players play in 1024x768 in the lowest settings possible in 4:3 (also some pro players do this).

Why? Why even test CS:GO at all, frankly. Yes a lot of people play it; a lot of people play Candy Crush or used to, so? In both the cases the hardware is irrelevant at this point, everything just crushes it. It's more a meme than a test.

When the RX6000 series GPU's are released and in stores, Can we get Linus to do a few PC builds.

From Budget gamer, to "Money knows no bounds". using the Ryzen 5*** Cpu's and the RX 6**** GPU's

Both PC's Need to be tested with a Air cooler, And a AIO liquid cooler.

The reason why air cooler: {For those that want to build a Sleeper PC, or have that OLD PC case that we love to keep using, but has no space to fit a AIO, due space limitations}

With the best combination of parts for said price Category

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

This is nice, but what I really want to see is if they can do the same with Threadripper. Although I can understand why mainstream desktop is a juicier target for them to aim at.

I would have jumped on EPYC years ago had it not been for two things: 1) Lack of Windows 10 support. 2) No motherboards with 7 PCI slots. That last one still a nagging problem with Threadripper, and quite the irony given that AMD has the PCI lane count on Intel.

124027109_3983736474974488_7427913759951856660_o.thumb.jpg.986c6656b1cf4f45e4c65fe5948f18c3.jpg

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

I am hoping that the hardware backdoors both companies integrate in their CPUs has been enhanced at least 20% too.

On 11/7/2020 at 8:45 PM, stormtm said:

So it seems it was smart for me to not buy that pc a while back.. epic.

You should always wait to build a computer until you need one. If you don't, then you will always be shooting yourself in the foot. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

• 6 months later...

Remember this day… - AMD Ryzen 5000 Series

1:16  in the video  it named all the 2 gen  cpu  but there was a typo for one of them like it was saying  5950x but it not 3950x 

what

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

23 minutes ago, PlusU1tra said:

Remember this day… - AMD Ryzen 5000 Series

1:16 in it say that 3 gen is name 5950x but it not 3950x 

3rd gen Ryzen is the 5000 series.

The 3000 series is 2nd gen Ryzen. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

55 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

3rd gen Ryzen is the 5000 series.

The 3000 series is 2nd gen Ryzen. 

3rd gen Zen is 5000 series, or 4th gen Ryzen

3000 series is 2nd gen Zen, or 3rd gen Ryzen

AMD have the best names

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

57 minutes ago, James Evens said:

What is a  AMD chipset?

a.) B350

b.) B360

c.) B365