AMD RX 6800XT AIB synthetic benchmarks: Pure rasterized faster than RTX 3080, RT on par with RTX 2080 Ti

FaxedForward
1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

What are the 2 older games? 

Three existing titles are getting DLSS support by the end of the year:

Edge of Eternity (early access title since Nov 2018)

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord (early access title since March 2020)

Mortal Shell (Initial release August 2020)

Not ancient titles by any stretch, but they're not brand new releases either.

In case anyone's interested, Enlisted and Ready or Not are the two early access titles, with initial launch scheduled before year's end. Both claim to include DLSS support at launch. Then Ghostrunner, Pumpkin Jack, Xuan-Yuan Sword VII, Watch Dogs: Legion, CoD: Black Ops Cold War and Cyberpunk 2077 are all full releases launching in the next month or so, all claiming DLSS support at launch.

Edited by tim0901
Mount & Blade is an early access title too

CPU: i7 4790k, RAM: 16GB DDR3, GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

5 minutes ago, tim0901 said:

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord (Initial release March 2020)

In case anyone's interested, Enlisted and Ready or Not are the two early access titles, with initial launch scheduled before year's end. Both claim to include DLSS support at launch. Then Ghostrunner, Pumpkin Jack, Xuan-Yuan Sword VII, Watch Dogs: Legion, CoD: Black Ops Cold War and Cyberpunk 2077 are all full releases launching in the next month or so, all claiming DLSS support at launch.

Mount & Blade II is early access as well. 

Dell S2721DGF - RTX 3070 XC3 - i5 12600K

21 minutes ago, illegalwater said:

Mount & Blade II is early access as well. 

Oh yeah, so it is. Ty!

Sucks when they keep saying stuff about dlss and I don’t care for any of the games. I need rasterization performance, screw dlss and ray tracing lol

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

22 minutes ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

Sucks when they keep saying stuff about dlss and I don’t care for any of the games. I need rasterization performance, screw dlss and ray tracing lol

DLSS helps with rasterization too.. especially at 4K.

Dell S2721DGF - RTX 3070 XC3 - i5 12600K

Is it going to become the normal or die I like physx did? 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

32 minutes ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

Go read my other replies in this thread. DLSS is already being supported far better than PhysX was at this stage in it's life. DLSS is, thankfully, supposed to be very easy to integrate into games, unlike PhysX, which hopefully will prevent a repeat of that disaster. So far it doesn't seem to be going too badly.

6 hours ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

I’ll be happy if I can get a card soon. Doesn’t matter amd or nvidia. This rx580 8gb at 1440p is horrible 

bro you didnt stick with the 2080ti for now? you got an insane deal on it lol

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

1 minute ago, VeganJoy said:

bro you didnt stick with the 2080ti for now? you got an insane deal on it lol

Man Ive been all over the place lately. Got a 2080 super for $275 and sold it for $650, got a 2060 super for $200 and sold it for $400. Got a 2080ti for $450 and sold it for $700, got a evga xc ultra 3080 for $750 and sold it for $1,100. 

I bought the 10700k, z490 board,  Lian li pc011 and still have $1,100 in my pocket that I’ve made from buying and selling pc stuff the last 45 days. I was able to do a total overhaul of my system. Just waiting on these new cards to drop so I can gab something and stop dealing with people buying and selling for a while 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

1 minute ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

Man Ive been all over the place lately. Got a 2080 super for $275 and sold it for $650, got a 2060 super for $200 and sold it for $400. Got a 2080ti for $450 and sold it for $700, got a evga xc ultra 3080 for $750 and sold it for $1,100. 

I bought the 10700k, z490 board,  Lian li pc011 and still have $1,100 in my pocket that I’ve made from buying and selling pc stuff the last 45 days. I was able to do a total overhaul of my system. Just waiting on these new cards to drop so I can gab something and stop dealing with people buying and selling for a while 

bruh where are you finding these kinda deals though, 275 for a 2080 super??

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

3 hours ago, tim0901 said:

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord (early access title since March 2020)

How will mods work with M&B DLSS?

28 minutes ago, VeganJoy said:

bruh where are you finding these kinda deals though, 275 for a 2080 super??

The 2080 super was from someone I bought something from years ago. He messaged me out of the blue about it the week before the 3080 announcement. The 2080ti was a friend that bought a 3080, the 3080 came from the same guy as the 2080ti. I’ve had one hell of a last 45 days. Upgraded my pc big time because of it and bought the wife a bissell crosswave and a Persian cat lol 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

2 minutes ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

The 2080 super was from someone I bought something from years ago. He messaged me out of the blue about it the week before the 3080 announcement. The 2080ti was a friend that bought a 3080, the 3080 came from the same guy as the 2080ti. I’ve had one hell of a last 45 days. Upgraded my pc big time because of it and bought the wife a bissell crosswave and a Persian cat lol 

damn i need a friend like yours who keeps offloading his "old" stuff at those kinds of prices

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

You’ll need to brush the cat daily.  Persians produce astounding amounts of hair.  I’ve heard of people making whole sweaters from Persians.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

You’ll need to brush the cat daily.  Persians produce astounding amounts of hair.  I’ve heard of people making whole sweaters from Persians.

There’s Mr Pickles lol. We got him from an elderly lady that paid $1,800 for him for free. He was so matted and covered in fleas when we got him. Luckily he’s all good bug wise, got nuetured, totally shaved and has a clean bill of health. He’s so ugly he’s cute. I laugh every time I look at him because he looks pissed off and he’s only 2 years old 

5CC71F4D-F656-4C3C-8204-73E8B4C62B57.png

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

Lion cut!  Lion cut is hilarious on Persians.  He looks real happy about the neutering too! 😂. It will grow out.  One fun thing with Persians is they’ve got so much hair it grows out the bottoms of their paws and makes them slippery.  They have trouble on linoleum. Lots of scrabbling without much vector change.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

47 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Lion cut!  Lion cut is hilarious on Persians.  He looks real happy about the neutering too! 😂. It will grow out.  One fun thing with Persians is they’ve got so much hair it grows out the bottoms of their paws and makes them slippery.  They have trouble on linoleum. Lots of scrabbling without much vector change.

Yeah...never encourage them to run on lino or tiles...they love to spin out when trying to go around corners.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

8 hours ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

I laugh every time I look at him because he looks pissed off

Yes well .. cats are perpetually pissed off :P

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

2 hours ago, dfsgsfa said:

i smell rtx 3000 super coming again

Cancel the cancelation! 

(as it was ever not gonna happen, only question is when) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

13 hours ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

People love upscaling! Big numbers! 

It's not going away, it'll only get worse... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 10/23/2020 at 1:38 PM, Stahlmann said:

I think it's perfectly fair to compare NVIDIA cards with DLSS enabled to AMD cards. It's literally an ingame-option that enables more performance without visual downsides, so everyone running NVIDIA will basically use it whenever possible. AMD needs to offer something similar imo.

Just a heads up - I have played many games with DLSS and DLSS 2, it's got very heavy motion blur when you turn or move quickly which is quite a big downside... it does look really gorgeous when you're stood still though

37 minutes ago, idb said:

Just a heads up - I have played many games with DLSS and DLSS 2, it's got very heavy motion blur when you turn or move quickly which is quite a big downside... it does look really gorgeous when you're stood still though

I can't do motion blur, it gives me motion sickness. In other news I saw today nvidia is making a beefed up 3070 so they'll have a card at the $600 price point too. They must have inside info or something.

Makes me wonder what this 6800xt is gonna be priced at. Either way I'll get a 3070 at launch if I can and buy the 6800xt at launch if I can get that too. I'll keep the one I like better and sell the other one

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

1 hour ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

In other news I saw today nvidia is making a beefed up 3070 so they'll have a card at the $600 price point too. They must have inside info or something.

Those are old rumors, the more recent information indicates Nvidia has cancelled all plans for extra 3070 and 3080 variants until the mid-cycle refresh, as they are definitely not having any troubles selling the cards they already have available.

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-allegedly-cancels-geforce-rtx-3080-20gb-and-rtx-3070-16gb

Current build: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, ASUS PRIME X570-Pro, EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra, G.Skill 2x16GB 3600C16 DDR4, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, Sabrent Rocket 1TB, Corsair RM750x, Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M, LG 27GL83A-B