Amazon reports a 747% increase of Xbox One X sales

IAmAndre
8 hours ago, poochyena said:

they don't gain anything from this since buyers will just return it.

nah probably a lot of the parents that bought this will refuse to return it and yell at their kids for being ungrateful 

To be honest though, it's not MS fault that the search on Amazon sucks. Try looking for things like a PD 3.0 charger for example, you will get some that come up, but most results are still for anything that contain the words "charger" or "pd".

I hate the naming scheme of MS too, but just saying that search sucks.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

56 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

To be honest though, it's not MS fault that the search on Amazon sucks. Try looking for things like a PD 3.0 charger for example, you will get some that come up, but most results are still for anything that contain the words "charger" or "pd".

I hate the naming scheme of MS too, but just saying that search sucks.

It's hard to blame Amazon though because they sell all kinds of products from computer hardware to toothbrushes so you can't really expect the search results to be as accurate as on a more dedicated platform like Newegg.

Ahahaha before I clicked the post I knew what's it all about, oh wow ahaha. But come on really, are people so dense though?! Name aside even, just by look and all you can clearly see. I doubt these people were buying a console for the first time and got confused. This is just funny. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

13 hours ago, Anarchyz11 said:

I'm not saying Microsoft does or that the naming was on purpose.  I'm just saying it's terrible so I'm not surprised people get confused.

i quoted the wrong person, my bad

5 hours ago, comander said:

Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox ONE (not to be mistaken with the original Xbox)
Xbox ONE S
Xbox ONE X
Xbox Series S (not to be mistaken with the Xbox ONE S)

Xbox Series X (not to be mistaken with the Xbox ONE X)

Am I missing anything?

This has to be the most haphazard marketing EVERY. It's worse than WiFi. 

I can already expect conversations like this at shops:

- I want the Xbox.

- Which one? The Xbox One, the Xbox One X, the Xbox One S, the Xbox Series X, or the Xbox Series S?

- OK let me explain. The Xbox Series S is cheaper than the the Xbox Series X, but it can't play the Xbox One games and has no optical drive, just like the Xbox One S. The Xbox Series X on the other hand can do that, and you may even get with Xbox Game Pass, unlike the Xbox One X....

21 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Microsoft's naming scheme is an absolute trainwreck of dumpsterfires. They could easily call them XBOX, XBOX 2, XBOX 3, XBOX 4 etc and add special tags like XBOX 5 and XBOX 5S for what's otherwise XBOX Series S. And when they'd run out of numbers alone, cal it XBOX X1, X2, X3, X4 and still be able to stick extra stuff on to it like XBOX X5S. Just be bloody consistent about it between series.

Meanwhile, Sony with PlayStation 1, 2, 3, 4 and now 5.

You’re assuming this is a new generation of console that will remain the same for Microsoft.

21 hours ago, RejZoR said:

There will likely be a number of new versions over the years instead of sticking to classic console cycles.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

6 hours ago, IAmAndre said:

I can already expect conversations like this at shops:

- I want the Xbox.

- Which one? The Xbox One, the Xbox One X, the Xbox One S, the Xbox Series X, or the Xbox Series S?

- OK let me explain. The Xbox Series S is cheaper than the the Xbox Series X, but it can't play the Xbox One games and has no optical drive, just like the Xbox One S. The Xbox Series X on the other hand can do that, and you may even get with Xbox Game Pass, unlike the Xbox One X....

Nobody’s selling One X and One S new anymore so there’s no issue.

Also that assumes the sales associates have no idea what product is even in their store or what an Xbox even is in the first place.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

8 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

That's not what Amazon says.

Not surprising. Xbox's naming scheme has been trash and all over the place since the start. All it does is confuse the consumers who don't know any better(parents), even more so with this new generation where the thing that changed is the "one" became "series". ?????? The fuck Microsoft was smoking when they decided this shit.

8 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Can still get them from Amazon in bundles and what not. Probably old stock, but this One S still says "Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca." and is brand new.

www.amazon.ca/Xbox-One-1TB-Console/dp/B089M5L82M/

Can also get the One X from third party sellers on Amazon.

But as far as "in-store" goes, like Best Buy or Walmart... Yeah, you're right. They are still selling the games, but no console.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

14 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

That's not what Amazon says.

No, I’m correct.

Amazon in all the screenshots provided are selling refurbished Xbox One X consoles. They’re not selling new units.

10 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Not surprising. Xbox's naming scheme has been trash and all over the place since the start. All it does is confuse the consumers who don't know any better(parents), even more so with this new generation where the thing that changed is the "one" became "series". ?????? The fuck Microsoft was smoking when they decided this shit.

They don’t want static hardware console generations. They want to release a new powerful console every 2-3 years and a new cheap console every 2-3 years as well. 

They want to end console generations and make this generation the last by using a fluid console generation and naming scheme.

They can then come out with a new X class Xbox and release it at the same price but offering more performance.

10 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Can still get them from Amazon in bundles and what not. Probably old stock though.

https://www.amazon.ca/Xbox-One-1TB-Console-Fallen/dp/B089M5L82M/?th=1

But as far as "in-store" goes, like Best Buy or Walmart... Yeah, you're right. They are still selling the games, but no console.

That’s not on Amazon US though. That’s on Amazon CA.

YouTubers have shown on Amazon US they aren’t selling new units. All the existing units on Amazon US are refurbished. 

14 hours ago, comander said:

Don't forget that for many people 'S' and 'X' sound alike. 

She bought an X Box One S before her X Box One X which was followed by an X Box Series S but not the X Box Series X. 

Say that ten times fast without making a mistake. 

It’s complicated but I genuinely feel that people are making a mountain out of a mole hill. 

The best way to deal with this imho is to call them by generation e.g. Xbox One generation, Xbox Series generation.

I don’t expect most people who buy a new Xbox to buy one at full retail price. I expect they’ll buy one through game pass subscriptions.

In which case it’s an easy distinction, do you have a 4K TV? If no, Buy cheap Xbox. If yes, buy expensive Xbox.

8 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

That’s not on Amazon US though. That’s on Amazon CA.

YouTubers have shown on Amazon US they aren’t selling new units. All the existing units on Amazon US are refurbished. 

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-One-1TB-Console-Roblox/dp/B085WT3DVF

Brand new One S bundle.

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-S-1TB-Console/dp/B089M5L82M/

Brand new One S

Both sold and shipped by Amazon. Not refurbs. Both are technically backordered, but you can still buy them without any issue. The fact that it's even available for purchase, straight from Amazon, WILL confuse some people (the entire point of this thread).

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Just now, TetraSky said:

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-One-1TB-Console-Roblox/dp/B085WT3DVF

Brand new One S bundle.

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-S-1TB-Console/dp/B089M5L82M/

Brand new One S

Both sold and shipped by Amazon. Not refurbs. Both are technically backordered, but you can still buy them without any issue.

That’s weird. Definitely not what I saw in videos on YouTube. I was referring to X units tho.

I believe someone at Microsoft said they’ll continue to sell S all digital units for a little while longer but all other Xbox one generation SKUs are discontinued.

But there’s definitely no new X units in stock. X was discontinued sometime back. 

This topic is about X units confusion.

7 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

This topic is about X units confusion.

One S or One X, Series S or series X, no difference for the average consumer that doesn't know any better, buying the console for someone else (I think you're giving people too much credit here).

They see the S or the X and think it's the newest console.

The simple fact that the One S is backordered, means that a lot of people decided to buy it recently. Lots of kids will be disappointed if their parents don't give the console to them early on and wait for Christmas when the return window is long gone. I for one can't wait to see those youtube videos.

The fact you can also get the One X from third parties (not directly from Amazon, but fulfilled by Amazon) also doesn't help. The average consumer doesn't check who is selling the stuff they buy on Amazon, they click buy and think nothing more of it.

2 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

One S or One X, Series S or series X, no difference for the average consumer that doesn't know any better, buying the console for someone else (I think you're giving people too much credit here).

They see the S or the X and think it's the newest console.

The simple fact that the One S is backordered, means that a lot of people decided to buy it recently. Lots of kids will be disappointed if their parents don't give the console to them early on and wait for Christmas when the return window is long gone. I for one can't wait to see those youtube videos.

The fact you can also get the One X from third parties (not directly from Amazon, but fulfilled by Amazon) also doesn't help. The average consumer doesn't check who is selling the stuff they buy on Amazon, they click buy and think nothing more of it.

Well Microsoft has done their part to end production of X units.

Admittedly I think they should have also ended S units but I really think that people buying these products should know more about what they’re buying whether or not they’re a techie.

Not knowing what you’re buying and buying it anyways is practically asking for something to go wrong.

People who tunnel vision and find a random Xbox SKU on Amazon and click buy deserve what they get. They didn’t do due diligence and didn’t understand what they were buying. It doesn’t matter that the product was named badly, which in this case I don’t really think it was, the person buying should know what they’re buying.

I personally would have preferred if they had called the new consoles the Xbox 2S and Xbox 2X instead but people would have found a criticism of that too. No matter what you give as a product name people will still find a way to complain.

Lets just be happy that Xbox finally shaped their console into the object it was named after (a box).

SPEC LIST:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x w/ AMD Wraith Stock Cooler

MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix B-450F

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32gb 3200mhz (2x16gb)

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Super FE

PSU: Corsair 750x 80plus Gold 

FANS: Dual Corsair LL Series LL140mm Dual Light Loop RGB

MONITORS: BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P 24 Inch FHD LED 144Hz (DP)
Lenovo - G25-10 24.5" LED FHD 144HZ Monitor (HDMI)

PATIENCE: NOT CURRENTLY INSTALLED

P.S: STILL REALLY WANTING TO FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN CARRY ME TO GRAND CHAMPION IN ROCKET LEAGUE :)

P.P.S: I NO LONGER NEED TO BE CARRIED TO GRAND CHAMPION AS I HAVE MADE IT ON MY OWN 😁