Chinese outlet Teclab leaks RTX 3090 benchmarks

FaxedForward

Can't wait until Nvidia releases the actual Ampere Titan card so that everyone who says the 3090 is the Titan replacement can finally give it a rest.

These numbers seem like they could be reasonable.  The 3080 and 3090 are both 102 chips.  I was under the impression the 3080 was more gimped than that though.  Implies the  3090 is more of what amounts to an overclocked 3080 except it runs at a lower clock.   Someone will OC a 3090 when it comes out and we’ll see what that added memory and bus width can do.  Thing would get hot hot though I suspect.  The 3090 is supposed to run quiet, implying it’s got more cooling available. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

31 minutes ago, thechinchinsong said:

Can't wait until Nvidia releases the actual Ampere Titan card so that everyone who says the 3090 is the Titan replacement can finally give it a rest.

Jensen himself said it though during the unveiling. Nvidia will surely release something better because that’s what they do, but bear in mind that they kicked off this narrative themselves, not the PC enthusiasts.

Current build: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, ASUS PRIME X570-Pro, EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra, G.Skill 2x16GB 3600C16 DDR4, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, Sabrent Rocket 1TB, Corsair RM750x, Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M, LG 27GL83A-B

34 minutes ago, FaxedForward said:

Jensen himself said it though during the unveiling. Nvidia will surely release something better because that’s what they do, but bear in mind that they kicked off this narrative themselves, not the PC enthusiasts.

This makes it “official truth”.  Several Nvidia claims at the launch have turned out to have been massaged by marketing though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Thems Horizon Zero Dawn numbers excite me. Outside of animation work, that's all my 90 is going to be used for until cyberpunk comes out.
If, y'know, one can actually be acquired between now and then.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

4 minutes ago, Serin said:

Thems Horizon Zero Dawn numbers excite me. Outside of animation work, that's all my 90 is going to be used for until cyberpunk comes out.
If, y'know, one can actually be acquired between now and then.

Or at all if things work out like they did for the 3080.

For the 29 millionth time:

Wait for reviews :)

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

2 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Can my AMD bike driver be Lance Armstrong? 

yep. with some "precision boost overdrive" if you know what i mean

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

14 minutes ago, rawrdaysgoby said:

Don't forget guys 3090 supports SLI. People are going to be buying 2 :D 

One guy here said 4.  Some sort of math or chemistry thing.  I forget.

not expecting more than 10-15% increased performance over the 3080 TBH. if it was then that would have been the angle at launch not "8k gaming".

3090 is for higher VRAM and workstation loads. I think a 3080 on water might get some decent clocks and with decent silicon quality might hit 3090 stock numbers.

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

Does anyone know when reviews will come out? I heard something about a NDA lifting Monday. Is that true?

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

4K? Pffttt. This is an 8K GPU for a reason.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

This GPU is literally for people who go into extremes and don't mind paying absurd premium for it. This is meant for 8K with all the stuff cranked up. And for workloads that need massive VRAM.

This is nothing new. AMD had Radeon R9 295X2 (while not single GPU, but still), that when scaling somewhat well, it could run 4K ages after it was relevant, just because it was so powerful. That also came with high price and high power consumption. But do you really care about consumption when you're buying a Ferrari or Bugatti? And that's the sort of people who will buy RTX 3090. I couldn't use it because I just run too low resolutions and besides, I just can't justify double the price for tiny uplift in performance. I do irrational decisions sometimes, but not that irrational.

i want to put my gpu on a waterblock so a 3080 will do nicely, i don't know about a 3090 that puppy is going to pump out the heat, i think i'd have a kettle haha.

Also the price... rather just buy the 4080 when it comes out since it would be around the same price as buying that later down the track.

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

20 hours ago, Energycore said:

For the 29 millionth time:

Wait for reviews :)

I feel like most people considering a card like the RTX 3090 aren't terribly concerned about reviews, only that it's the top dog. It's just fun to speculate about performance before the embargo lifts or reviewers get their hands on the card. I've heard that reviewers aren't being seeded 3090 cards, though, so iunno.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

52 minutes ago, Suika said:

I feel like most people considering a card like the RTX 3090 aren't terribly concerned about reviews, only that it's the top dog. It's just fun to speculate about performance before the embargo lifts or reviewers get their hands on the card. I've heard that reviewers aren't being seeded 3090 cards, though, so iunno.

Let's see when the reviews are out. Many are expecting 40% uplifts in performance to the 3080. Will be interesting for sure when the official reviews are out. 

STORAGE 

6 minutes ago, Maticks said:

Let's see when the reviews are out. Many are expecting 40% uplifts in performance to the 3080. Will be interesting for sure when the official reviews are out. 

I personally would substitute the word “independent” for “official” but I agree.

On 9/19/2020 at 9:27 AM, Applefreak said:

Those numbers make little sense to me. Gamers Nexus did a live stream and overclocked some RTX 3080 cards on air, seeing almost the same results in Port Royal than the supposed 3090, makes me think they either had the wrong card or did something really wrong in their testing process. There is no way the performance is that bad.

But then they would have had to use a modified 3080 driver, likely not being able to address more cores on the chip so that makes sense I guess.

idk it does make sense if its actually a "titan card" since the rtx titan is around the same amount faster than a 2080 ti and its about double the price also at 2500$

On 9/19/2020 at 9:45 AM, pzspah said:

Nvidia 3090 graphs could be quasi-fake to throw AMD off the scent. Unlikely but not impossible.

i mean what sort of throwing off are they doing at this point the amd cards are probably already finalized 

On 9/19/2020 at 3:12 PM, FaxedForward said:

Nvidia said in the reveal video that the 3090 is supposed to the the Titan’s replacement.

Titans never had any cooler design that is not the one from Nvidia. The 3090 will. Something is not right here.

1 hour ago, Maticks said:

The actual CUDA cores aren't even 20% higher on the 3090 so I think those individuals need a bit of a reality check like this topic to get them back in line.

Just now, Suika said:

The actual CUDA cores aren't even 20% higher on the 3090 so I think those individuals need a bit of a reality check like this topic to get them back in line.

The biggest change to seemed to me to be a bus width reduction for the 3080.  I was expecting more out of that then seems to have appeared in this thread.  Could be the increase in memory amount reduces or negates it or something.  I don’t know enough about modern chip design to say.

35 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I don’t know enough about modern chip design to say.

Well, if it's any comfort to you, I know nothing about chip design. I wouldn't think the memory bus would play a significant role when the reported hardware difference between the GPUs is already pretty slight, but I don't know a whole lot anyway so this is ignorant speculation at best haha.

2 minutes ago, Suika said:

Well, if it's any comfort to you, I know nothing about chip design. I wouldn't think the memory bus would play a significant role when the reported hardware difference between the GPUs is pretty slight, I figured the reduced bus width wouldn't matter so much on the 3080 based solely on the significantly reduced amount of VRAM, but I don't know a whole lot anyway so this is ignorant speculation at best haha.

I was listening to MLID for the reports on bus width increasing gpu speed.  I understand the 3090 is also clocked slightly lower than the 3080.  Seeing independent 3090 results may be interesting.  The results of independent testing will be the results.