ROG Rig Reboot 2020 is HERE!

CPotter
1 minute ago, The_Murdoch said:

Ok, so, the animated video I put way too many hours into is now gone, PSU went and appears to have taken other parts with it...

But that's ok! I dusted off an even older laptop and threw something together quickly... Just so I actually had an entry, even if it wasn't the thing I spent dozens of hours on lol.

Wow, your pc croaked as you were making a submission? Damn, that sucks. Best of luck to you anyway!

On 9/18/2020 at 1:43 PM, MoozOfDoomz said:

Ahh this is nice, have the perfect idea. Are we gonna get 3080s? (I'm sure Linus has some insider strings he could pull to scrap together 3 of em.)

A late response to this but there's no way they'd send them with 2080ti's to be honest. With the new generation already here and the lowest end (being the 3070) performing BETTER than the 2080ti at HALF THE PRICE, coupled with the fact that Linus Media Group frequently gets the newest tech early, it seems like ASUS ROG would have no problem sending them a few 3080 strix cards. After all, the strix cards haven't been put on the market yet, but 3080s are already "for sale" (fucking scalpers).

6 hours remaining.

15 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

A late response to this but there's no way they'd send them with 2080ti's to be honest. With the new generation already here and the lowest end (being the 3070) performing BETTER than the 2080ti at HALF THE PRICE, coupled with the fact that Linus Media Group frequently gets the newest tech early, it seems like ASUS ROG would have no problem sending them a few 3080 strix cards. After all, the strix cards haven't been put on the market yet, but 3080s are already "for sale" (fucking scalpers).

I mean- i'm sure they would be fine with 2080s, but i think a 3080 would be amazing. also hopefully with the strix card they will fix the issues currently reported.

You're gonna carry that weight.

Spoiler

hehe funni edgy signature

2 minutes ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

I mean- i'm sure they would be fine with 2080s, but i think a 3080 would be amazing. also hopefully with the strix card they will fix the issues currently reported.

I agree! But 2080s might be in high demand now because of the 30 series, that's because people are so focused on the 30 series that the smart people will buy the 2080 (super, ti, normal) now because there are probably 2080s selling for dirt cheap on ebay or smtn

11 minutes ago, iamkirigiver said:

jeeez ik i'm not gonna win but there is a little voice inside thats says I am anyways, BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF U CUTIES!!!

same here like there is no way my video is creative enough to win but I still have hope. best of luck to you too

1 minute ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

Under the list of building  "Dream PC" I would say they usually go for the newest cards because obviously that gives the best performance, which means more ideal pc. I don't know, but I'll make a prediction saying they wouldn't give the winners last gen cards when the current gen just released.
On the topic of the crashing cards, I'd say either they delay the release of the card to fix it, or they give the winners a current card and promise a warranty/replacement card. But in all honesty it'd be better for the company to just change the way they make the card to fix the problem instead of pumping it out and then saying we'll fix it later. Like the 1920's themed winner who's 2080ti broke twice in one year.

13 minutes ago, iamkirigiver said:

jeeez ik i'm not gonna win but there is a little voice inside thats says I am anyways, BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF U CUTIES!!!

Best of luck to you too, may the most creative crap-tastic rig win.

2 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

Under the list of building  "Dream PC" I would say they usually go for the newest cards because obviously that gives the best performance, which means more ideal pc. I don't know, but I'll make a prediction saying they wouldn't give the winners last gen cards when the current gen just released.
On the topic of the crashing cards, I'd say either they delay the release of the card to fix it, or they give the winners a current card and promise a warranty/replacement card. But in all honesty it'd be better for the company to just change the way they make the card to fix the problem instead of pumping it out and then saying we'll fix it later. Like the 1920's themed winner who's 2080ti broke twice in one year.

yea what he said

1 minute ago, Oliver Michael said:

I saw that, was interesting, maybe they should move this competition back a little-

You're gonna carry that weight.

Spoiler

hehe funni edgy signature

I'm feeling fairly confident with my submission but I don't want to tell myself I'll win and then be disappointed.
Although, it is a good idea to go into a project and competition with a positive attitude, because better attitude provide better work, which in turn means a better video.

Just now, MoozOfDoomz said:

I saw that, was interesting, maybe they should move this competition back a little-

They may delay it. But, they do have a month to fix it, change the card a bit to optimize performance, and send it out to the public. After all, the 3080 strix cards haven't been released yet.

Just now, MoozOfDoomz said:

nah they aint going to push the competition back. asus is going to want there advertising in before the holiday season and pushing it back will mess with that and isnt worth it for them.

I'm feeling fairly confident with my submission but I don't want to tell myself I'll win and then be disappointed.
Although, it is a good idea to go into a project and competition with a positive attitude, because better attitude provide better work, which in turn means a better video.

mans we all waiting on the forum for that reason ;-;

On another note, what resolution do you think the winner's monitors will be? If I recall, the last winners' monitors were 1080p at 165Hz. But, they may have been 4k and I'm stupid.

4 minutes ago, iamkirigiver said:

mans we all waiting on the forum for that reason ;-;

I literally joined today for that reason :)

can you send a link to your video? I want to see your submission

Just now, Oliver Michael said:

On another note, what resolution do you think the winner's monitors will be? If I recall, the last winners' monitors were 1080p at 165Hz. But, they may have been 4k and I'm stupid.

Im guessing with how powerful the new cards are theyll probably do 1440 144hz. this is a gaming rig we are talking about trying to push frames over 4k quality.

I literally joined today for that reason :)

can you send a link to your video? I want to see your submission

ok... its a cringy rap vid don't flame me ); 

I put hours and hours of research into this project, looking at previous winners, this year's submissions, losing videos from previous years, ect. ect.

Just now, iamkirigiver said:

lol I'm watching all the ROG rig reboots and crying ._.

i have been doing that too. we can always hope that they pick us.

I put hours and hours of research into this project, looking at previous winners, this year's submissions, losing videos from previous years, ect. ect.

ur going to be disappointed then with my vid

1 minute ago, iamkirigiver said:

That's entertaining to listen to! Well made!
I was considering making a song but with that being a big topic in 2019's losing submissions and it winning wayyy back in 2017 I opted for my pitch meeting idea.

1 minute ago, iamkirigiver said:

honestly the lyrics are really good wish you luck man.