Good Websites to Spam F5 on 9/17 to get a 3080?

Yoshi Moshi

They will sell out in 1 minte so you don't need to spam all day.

There are addons that spam Refresh for you though

46 minutes ago, Yoshi Moshi said:

I just called up another microcenter, and they said there's already someone waiting in line outside of their store in a tent for a 3080. This is crazy guys. It's just like the PS3 launch all over again, people lining up days in advance. Thankfully there will be less people getting the 3090, so I have a better shot at getting one. But the earliest I'm going to get there is 5 pm Wednesday. I can't get there earlier because of work.

You’re aware that the 3090 isn’t releasing until a week after the 3080, right? They are not releasing on the same day. So you will be competing directly with people who want the same card as you either way; the 3080 this week, or the 3090 next week.

Current build: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, ASUS PRIME X570-Pro, EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra, G.Skill 2x16GB 3600C16 DDR4, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, Sabrent Rocket 1TB, Corsair RM750x, Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M, LG 27GL83A-B

OP is me when 3070 launches...................

5 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

I'm trying to figure out who these people are that have $700+ disposable income, yet still some how have so little life that the idea of camping outside of a Micro Center for 12 hours seems like a perfectly rationale thing to do.

Can help you there. You're making a mistake thinking people just have 700 bucks laying around... I'm saving over a year already for this launch and have like 500-600 saved up... So that means I had to be really economical with what I buy and stuff (that's how I got all my PC parts btw) so yeah, I'll either pre-order or spam f5 when my card comes out... looking at it it seems the FEs will be really preferable this time around too... What I've seen from AIBs so far is rather sad... 

PS: I don't think spamming f5 all day means literally all day, rather 1-2 hours before release so easily doable for pretty much everyone (call in sick if you must). You're welcome! ;)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

9 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

OP is me when 3070 launches...................

Can help you there. You're making a mistake thinking people just have 700 bucks laying around... I'm saving over a year already for this launch and have like 500-600 saved up... So that means I had to be really economical with what I buy and stuff (that's how I got all my PC parts btw) so yeah, I'll either pre-order or spam f5 when my card comes out... looking at it it seems the FEs will be really preferable this time around too... What I've seen from AIBs so far is rather sad... 

PS: I don't think spamming f5 all day means literally all day, rather 1-2 hours before release so easily doable for pretty much everyone (call in sick if you must). You're welcome! ;)

How many hours will you be waiting outside of a MC for a 3070?

15 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

(call in sick if you must). You're welcome! ;)

You seriously advise people to risk their employment for a new gpu? I am honestly lost for words.

2 minutes ago, Yoshi Moshi said:

How many hours will you be waiting outside of a MC for a 3070?

No, I'll either spam f5 lol or pre-order if possible (I can see NV doing that after some backlash tbh)

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Just now, Teddy07 said:

You seriously advise people to risk their job for a new gpu? I am honestly lost for words.

Where did I do that? 

If you don't do this often you won't lose your job... (I don't think so)

Also ;) has no meaning to you at all? I'm at loss as well...

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 minute ago, Mark Kaine said:

Where did I do that? 

If you don't do this often you won't lose your job... (I don't think so)

Also ;) has no meaning to you at all? I'm at loss as well...

Just use PTO, ask first of course

Best bet seems to plan ahead for the card you actually want to get, then have amazon, nvidia, bestbuy, and microcenter sites all open at once. Don't expect to be refreshing all day unless there's some hidden hourly quota that'll cause the sites to show "out of stock" for a certain period of time. I fully expect the Founder's edition to be sold out within minutes and the rest of the 3rd party models soon after. 

edit: I'm considering attempting to get one on Thursday, and I haven't decided if I want to go Founder's or AIB. Make no mistake though, there will likely be no reviews out for the AIB cards at the time of purchase so you'll have less info on those models than what will be out for the FE cards. 

The store isn't even closed yet and we have 17 people camping... We don't even have that many gpus. 

8 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

The store isn't even closed yet and we have 17 people camping... We don't even have that many gpus. 

They're hoping someone oversleeps, or gets a family emergency, or a declined card.

CPURyzen 7 5800X with Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO & push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO & 2x Arctic P12 PWM fans Case: Antec P5

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

16 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

This is just silly.  Between this and spamming F5 to try and buy one on day 1... y'all can wait.  Don't need to have it the moment it drops.

1 minute ago, Quinnell said:

This is just silly.  Between this and spamming F5 to try and buy one on day 1... y'all can wait.  Don't need to have it the moment it drops.

It's entirely possible that there won't be any to get after initial launch for several months, and a lot of people are getting it to play Cyberpunk 2077 at max quality at launch, which means get it now, or it's not happening at all.

CPURyzen 7 5800X with Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO & push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO & 2x Arctic P12 PWM fans Case: Antec P5

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

Just now, BTGbullseye said:

It's entirely possible that there won't be any to get after initial launch for several months, and a lot of people are getting it to play Cyberpunk 2077 at max quality at launch, which means get it now, or it's not happening at all.

There's a lot to be said about patience. 

3 minutes ago, Quinnell said:

There's a lot to be said about patience. 

There's also a lot to be said about getting the best possible now. Patience is all well and good, but if you're constantly waiting, life passes you by.

1 minute ago, BTGbullseye said:

There's also a lot to be said about getting the best possible now. Patience is all well and good, but if you're constantly waiting, life passes you by.

Lol...there's a happy medium to be struck.  Try not to forget that it exists.  People can wait a few weeks or even a couple months.  It's not a must-have.  1080s and 2080s will pull their weight just fine for the time being.

6 minutes ago, Quinnell said:

It's not a must-have.

Apart from a few people doing things for work, it's NEVER a "must have".

People can wait forever, but as I already said, there are significant downsides to doing so. Don't assume that your use situation is all there is.

6 minutes ago, Quinnell said:

1080s and 2080s will pull their weight just fine for the time being.

Two of the least common cards out there. The vast majority of people haven't even seen that much performance in person before. I'm going from a 5700XT, and will be getting anywhere from a 90% to 200% performance increase by getting this GPU. And that's for my current use cases. It also will be the first time I'll be able to run any game that requires raytracing hardware to function.

It's not as simple as you seem to think it is.

2 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

Apart from a few people doing things for work, it's NEVER a "must have".

People can wait forever, but as I already said, there are significant downsides to doing so. Don't assume that your use situation is all there is.

Two of the least common cards out there. The vast majority of people haven't even seen that much performance in person before. I'm going from a 5700XT, and will be getting anywhere from a 90% to 200% performance increase by getting this GPU. And that's for my current use cases. It also will be the first time I'll be able to run any game that requires raytracing hardware to function.

It's not as simple as you seem to think it is.

What is very simple is that this waiting in line overnight at Microcenter or spamming F5 for 12 hours is just silly and unnecessary.  Good luck with that.  

3 minutes ago, Quinnell said:

What is very simple is that this waiting in line overnight at Microcenter or spamming F5 for 12 hours is just silly and unnecessary.  Good luck with that.  

Some people have the time to spend on it, and for them it's not silly or unnecessary. You really have a problem understanding situations that are different to your own, and you should work on that while practicing your "patience".

46 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

I want to believe the world was that happy, but I'm sure half of the people in line are resellers. I have to respect the determination these guys have waiting out here though. 

I personally buy last gen's used stuff for cheap and will keep doing so. I'm a bang for buck person. I'm hoping the best for the guys in line though. To stay out here with the heat, crickets, and mosquitoes is not fun. 

10 hours ago, BTGbullseye said:

And even if there's still some available later prices will likely go up...

(and you'll have to do with a non cool looking bog standard fugly led overload "AIB" ... the horrors)

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

20 minutes ago, ThatExceptionThough said:

Do you think the RTX 3080 will resell for a lot? Like, is it worth the effort?

For a short period, there will probably be a few idiots that will pay up to $1100 for it... These would be those that miss the launch, have more money than sense, and are unwilling to wait for the restock.

In France, large online stores still don't have RTX 3080... Even, on NVIDIA website, it still marks "notifications"...

PC #1 : Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI | i7-7700 | Cryorig C7 Cu | 32GB DDR4-2400 | LSI SAS 9211-8i | 240GB NVMe M.2 PCIe PNY CS2030 | SSD&HDDs 59.5TB total | Quantum LTO5 HH SAS drive | GC-Alpine Ridge | Corsair HX750i | Cooler Master Stacker STC-T01 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 2560x1440 @ 60 Hz (plugged HDMI port, shared with PC #2) | Win10
PC #2 : Gigabyte MW70-3S0 | 2x E5-2689 v4 | 2x Intel BXSTS200C | 32GB DDR4-2400 ECC Reg | MSI RTX 3080 Ti Suprim X | 2x 1TB SSD SATA Samsung 870 EVO | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li PC-A77 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 2560x1440 @ 144 Hz (plugged DP port, shared with PC #1) | Win10
PC #3 : Mini PC Zotac 4K | Celeron N3150 | 8GB DDR3L 1600 | 250GB M.2 SATA WD Blue | Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB | Samsung Blu-ray writer USB | Genius SP-HF1800A | TV Panasonic TX-40DX600E UltraHD | Win10
PC #4 : ASUS P2B-F | PIII 500MHz | 512MB SDR 100 | Leadtek WinFast GeForce 256 SDR 32MB | 2x Guillemot Maxi Gamer 3D² 8MB in SLI | Creative Sound Blaster AWE64 ISA | 80GB HDD UATA | Fortron/Source FSP235-60GI | Zalman R1 | DELL E151FP 15" TFT 1024x768 | Win98SE

Laptop : Lenovo ThinkPad T460p | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 2133 | GeForce 940MX | 240GB SSD PNY CS900 | 14" IPS 1920x1080 | Win11

PC tablet : Fujitsu Point 1600 | PMMX 166MHz | 160MB EDO | 20GB HDD UATA | external floppy drive | 10.4" DSTN 800x600 touchscreen | AGFA SnapScan 1212u blue | Win98SE

Laptop collection #1 : IBM ThinkPad 340CSE | 486SLC2 66MHz | 12MB RAM | 360MB IDE | internal floppy drive | 10.4" DSTN 640x480 256 color | Win3.1 with MS-DOS 6.22

Laptop collection #2 : IBM ThinkPad 380E | PMMX 150MHz | 80MB EDO | NeoMagic MagicGraph128XD | 2.1GB IDE | internal floppy drive | internal CD-ROM drive | Intel PRO/100 Mobile PCMCIA | 12.1" FRSTN 800x600 16-bit color | Win98

Laptop collection #3 : Toshiba T2130CS | 486DX4 75MHz | 32MB EDO | 520MB IDE | internal floppy drive | 10.4" STN 640x480 256 color | Win3.1 with MS-DOS 6.22

And 6 others computers (Intel Compute Stick x5-Z8330, Giada Slim N10 WinXP, 2 Apple classic and 2 PC pocket WinCE)

1 minute ago, X-System said:

In France, large online stores still don't have RTX 3080... Even, on NVIDIA website, it still marks "notifications"...

The expected launch time isn't for another hour... So... Of course it isn't going to show anything.