Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
1 minute ago, varrys said:

And their Concrete Mixers are better than Dairy Queen Blizzards in my opinion.

We have a local joint called BlueSky. Fresh food, never frozen beef. Large cups full of ice cream with mix ins and slushies. Probably the most successful  small business in town, well its between them and the Strip Club.  I didnt figure out the lactose intolerance until later in life, so I got to enjoy it during my youth, the ice cream not the strippers. The strip club caters to the people using the airport, they dont like locals in there. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

5 minutes ago, varrys said:

A lactose intolerance would definitely ruin Culver's for you. I find them a step up from the super fast places like McDonald's. And their Concrete Mixers are better than Dairy Queen Blizzards in my opinion. Used to live 2 minutes away from one, and now the nearest is 35 minutes away. 

There’s milk in practically everything at Culver’s.  It’s kind of their thing.  Butter burgers and frozen custard.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Freddys has a better burger and chocolate malt and fries than Culvers. Actually, I haven't had anything at Freddys that didn't top anything I've had at Culvers but I've eaten less of the menu at Freddys than Culvers and have eaten at fewer Freddys than Culvers so it's possible I've had just good luck.

2 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Freddys

Yeah we dont have them. There are a few in Michigan but at least 150 Miles away. The place I want to try is Chick Fil A. We have one in Allen Park but that still a hike for me, but they are building one near my job. So some day. I wish they would build a Sonic Closer. There food is decent, but they have a good selections of Slushies. 

4 minutes ago, Bitter said:

chocolate malt and fries than Culvers

OR Checkers. They have the Banana Shake and their fries are pretty much the gold standard if you ask me. I would say Arby's curly fries are in a close second. 

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

Yeah we dont have them. There are a few in Michigan but at least 150 Miles away. The place I want to try is Chick Fil A. We have one in Allen Park but that still a hike for me, but they are building one near my job. So some day. I wish they would build a Sonic Closer. There food is decent, but they have a good selections of Slushies. 

OR Checkers. They have the Banana Shake and their fries are pretty much the gold standard if you ask me. I would say Arby's curly fries are in a close second. 

Michigan is kind of a culinary waste-land, no offense....besides apples and apple accessories.

Just now, Bitter said:

Michigan is kind of a culinary waste-land, no offense....besides apples and apple accessories.

Dont forget Cherries. 

We do have a culinary staple however. Its called Tony's on I75. You go there and order a BLT. You can a bit of lettuce, 2 tomatoes and about 1 LBS of Bacon. Everything there is big like that. I guess you get bacon with your ice cream. 

We also have Toarmina's Pizza. They are known for the 24" Pizza or as I call it, The BIG Fucker. Im ordering one this weekend, I just wont leave the house after so I know Im near the toilet. Each of those slices are a foot long. Its glorious. 

33 minutes ago, varrys said:

A lactose intolerance would definitely ruin Culver's for you. I find them a step up from the super fast places like McDonald's. And their Concrete Mixers are better than Dairy Queen Blizzards in my opinion. Used to live 2 minutes away from one, and now the nearest is 35 minutes away. 

also depending how strong of a reaction one is having, some might find cooked or very hidden "hints" of a product to maybe not be as bad.

but then again some react to the smallest thing, at least dont have a nut allergy, let your kids eat nuts, reduce this kind of allergy.

4 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Dont forget Cherries. 

We do have a culinary staple however. Its called Tony's on I75. You go there and order a BLT. You can a bit of lettuce, 2 tomatoes and about 1 LBS of Bacon. Everything there is big like that. I guess you get bacon with your ice cream. 

We also have Toarmina's Pizza. They are known for the 24" Pizza or as I call it, The BIG Fucker. Im ordering one this weekend, I just wont leave the house after so I know Im near the toilet. Each of those slices are a foot long. Its glorious. 

It's big,but is it any good?

1 minute ago, Quackers101 said:

also depending how strong of a reaction one is having,

Thats the problem. It varies day to day. Some times im OK, some times the Lactose Intolerance pills help. Other times it takes about 15 to 20 min for the reaction. Mainly I gets bloating, gas, and Explosive Diarrhea. I know people who said if they eat dairy they will have sever stomach pains. 

I still eat dairy, I just cut back. I use alternative when I can. When I cant, I try to remember the medicine before hand. I also make sure Im near a bathroom just in case. 

2 minutes ago, Bitter said:

t's big,but is it any good?

If you like Bacon it is. If your talking the pizza, I haven't met a pizza I didnt like. 

25 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Detroit is not all of Michigan.  The U.P. Is a totally different place. Detroit does have its wasteland aspects though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 10/12/2021 at 4:59 AM, Donut417 said:

My friend kinda express this with one of his. They have one that over heats. He's going to tear it down and reapply the thermal compound to see if it fixes it. Thats why Ive been hesitant about getting a PS4, as he and one of our other member of the gaming group both have PS4's, and would love if I had one. The other issue I have with the PS4 or any console for that matter is they dont support Ultrawide resolutions. Because my TV is only 720p, while I have a 1440p ultra wide. 

So two of them the disk tray is completely broken on, and mine the disk ejects REALLY slowly, and then stops halfway, then starts again. One of the other ones with the broken tray has started over heating so I bought one of those stands with all the fans in it and its been doing okay but I am sick of it. I been buying sony consoles since the beginning and now that I have got a "gaming" PPC  (personal potato computer) its just easier to throw upgrades at something that I can repair versus something you have to go through a huge ordeal to get parts for and then the lack of information on the repairs themselves. 

Im a disgruntled old man. 

11400F/4070 32gb ram, 1000w PSU, X63 AIO, windows 10, B560 mobo

13 hours ago, IsaacisWeeb said:

IMHO

high refresh rates monitor do not do much to effect non competitive gaming experience

they just make it hard to find a nice monitor that 60 hz

THIS.  To the power of eleventy-billion.  Stop with the 300hz shiens already.

10 hours ago, varrys said:

When I lived in North Carolina, everyone raved about Bojangles, which originated from there. But man, Zaxby's is the better chicken in my opinion!

Truth.  Everyone raves about Chick-Fil-A, and I'd much rather have Zaxby's.  The only drawback is that Zaxby's did away with their shakes.  God almighty.  Now WTF am I gonna get a birthday-cake shake to go with my meal?

10 hours ago, Bitter said:

Freddys has a better burger and chocolate malt and fries than Culvers. Actually, I haven't had anything at Freddys that didn't top anything I've had at Culvers but I've eaten less of the menu at Freddys than Culvers and have eaten at fewer Freddys than Culvers so it's possible I've had just good luck.

And it USED to be that Steak & Shake was better than Freddie's.  But those days are gone.  I like Freddie's.  I like Culver's.  And I'd eat at Culver's over Chick-Fil-A any day of the week.

2 minutes ago, IPD said:

Truth.  Everyone raves about Chick-Fil-A, and I'd much rather have Zaxby's.  The only drawback is that Zaxby's did away with their shakes.  God almighty.  Now WTF am I gonna get a birthday-cake shake to go with my meal?

Oh man, those shakes were awesome. And yeah, Chick-Fil-A has nothing on Zaxby's. But they DO have frosted coffees that are great, so I go there when I need a shake-type fix.

5600x/RTX 4080

“1. Never tell everything at once.” - Ken Venturi's Two Great Rules of Life

10 hours ago, Bitter said:

Ah, but Michigan did once claim the fast food chain that will always remain dear to my heart: Hot 'N Now.

On 10/11/2021 at 11:37 PM, Squeebus said:

Sports ball in its entirety is stupid and we spend far too much money on it. Building stadiums to get neglected and hardly used, paying these people MILLIONS a year to run around fields. and the video games that correspond are atrocious and literally the same game rehashed to literal DEATH but people still trip over their feet to spend full price on the newest 2K like its going to be different than the last. Not to mention the resale value on them is next to nothing. You can go into your local game store and buy a fifa or 2k for $3 any day. We should waste less money on sports ball and do useful things like repair our crumbling infrastructure, repairing roads, funding our education systems shoestring budget, really anything that we all do or use on the day to day basis could be improved with such a vast lump of money. 

I have 2 things that I want implemented with professional sports:

1. All infrastructure must be paid for by the team owner.  No local taxes funding a new stadium.

2. Franchise name/logos/designs belong to the city.  Move the team if you want, but the color scheme, name, logos--all stay behind.

Companies should not be allowed to use "fees" to obscure a true price. If a fee is always included, it should be included in the advertised price of the good or service, and as soon as it is known that a fee will be included in the price, it must be disclosed to the consumer as an increase in the total price of the item, not as "price + fee" to again try to trick the customer into believing that the quoted price was accurate.

9 hours ago, IPD said:

Mostly what I’ve heard about chick-fil-a is that they came in behind Popeyes in chicken and the owners have particular political attitudes which they confuse with both religious and business ones.

26 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Popeyes

They have good food. Too bad the one in my area kinda sucks. 

12 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

They have good food. Too bad the one in my area kinda sucks. 

Can be a crapshoot.  The one near me I’ve gotten inadequately drained stuff so it was greasy.  Was years ago though and might have been an aberration. Local middle eastern restaurant  has great chicken so I’ve just gotten it there for years. 

I prefer Popeye's chicken sandwiches to Chik-Fil-A.  But I miss the old style of Church's chicken sandwich when they served them with lettuce.

-Chicken sandwiches are better with Lettuce and Mayo than they are with your god-awful pickle slices, Popeyes

The world would be a better place if we set realistic expectations and stop selling people with no life experience false hope.

Vans UltraRange EXO SE

7 minutes ago, OneOfYas said:

The world would be a better place if we set realistic expectations and stop selling people with no life experience false hope.

I also think a lot of marketing is evil.

I think older generations are out of touch with how the current world works. Not understanding that younger generations have different challenges then they had. Such as higher costs of living, a different job market and giving a damn about the planet and how we are leaving it for future generations.