which video are you watching right now?

TheCoverUp
1 minute ago, sniff122 said:

Just saw this on YT and i instantly thought about the soly $h!t series

> Merged with the thread for sharing what youtube videos you're watching thread. Sharing a video you watched on youtube isn't really a discussion by itself.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

6 hours ago, Spotty said:

> Merged with the thread for sharing what youtube videos you're watching thread. Sharing a video you watched on youtube isn't really a discussion by itself.

There’s close to 62 pages of more or less just that. A merged list is gonna be big.  I took it to be YouTube videos not including the LTT stuff (because duh) that either a reader thought was notably cool or that they think others might think is cool.  I treated it as a kind of randomly curated stuff-I-might-think-is-neat list.  YouTube videos link well though so I assumed that way why they got used.   One person seems to be into wrist watches.  Another person seems to be into Korean anime.  There’s also some antique fire arm stuff and some US states stat stuff I personally like a lot.   I can see how tech people would like odd antique military firearms.  There’s ruthless it’s-life-and-death utility about that stuff.  Form is function and function is everything kind of thing.  Antique armor and swords are the same way. Also antique hand tools.  Very careful engineering based on the kinesthetics of the human form.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

sooo yeah, he destroyed his 12900k CPU from Intel...

and delidded, showing some comparsion between older GEN Intel CPUs.

was drawn by the title.  Reminded me of an old old story by one of the great “rocket scientists” who wrote an autobiography wherein he claimed that his greatest contribution to the project for which he was most famous was that he had learned to pick locks.  The story goes he was considered some sort of whiz, so some people assumed he could read a schematic made for their specialty not his.  He was expected to perform though so he looked at this gigantic mass of blue spaghetti, and managed to identify one symbol which looked like it might be a valve.  He pointed to it, not even being sure if it WAS a valve, and asked “what happens if this valve breaks?” Where upon the blueprint was swarmed over by people who actually did have a specialty in this area who worked out that it would be a catastrophic thing and the whole system got redesigned. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

jerry + lockpickinglawyer

Europe, gov, google, traffic scams.

Edited by Quackers101
added

On 10/26/2021 at 7:54 AM, Quackers101 said:

good or not?  says it is a 170 hz monitor, but its not or is it?

"premium monitors"

Rtings liked this monitor quite a bit in the 1440p, 144Hz category. For what it's worth, I recently bought this monitor when it was at an all-time low price, plus used some credit card cashback I'd saved. I'm not as technical/picky as this video, but it works great for my level of gaming and enjoyment. And though the HDR may not compete with "true" HDR content, it's still interesting for someone who's never had an HDR monitor before.

5600x/RTX 4080

“1. Never tell everything at once.” - Ken Venturi's Two Great Rules of Life

6 minutes ago, varrys said:

Rtings liked this monitor quite a bit in the 1440p, 144Hz category. For what it's worth, I recently bought this monitor when it was at an all-time low price, plus used some credit card cashback I'd saved. I'm not as technical/picky as this video, but it works great for my level of gaming and enjoyment. And though the HDR may not compete with "true" HDR content, it's still interesting for someone who's never had an HDR monitor before.

the video mostly focuses on how the pricing has changed? and some features. Now that we got Mini-LED and maybe other tech.

But true, so long it reaches a decent HDR level it can work fine in some games. Although a "full/true" HDR experience can be different from that.

Only that its kinda overpriced with a feature that it doesn't quite fully support. but to me, it mostly has to hit the refresh range with a good overdrive or VRR?

but if you are happy with it, and doesn't need it for everything that it wanted to be, then it can be perfectly fine as a monitor 🙂 even if the tech can leave one worried if it was the "right" product to buy. So yeah, we shouldn't be as focused on some of these details, if the experience is fine, although it is good that reviewers cover this aspect of the product.

Edited by Quackers101

10 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

the video mostly focuses on how the pricing has changed? and some features. Now that we got Mini-LED and maybe other tech.

But true, so long it reaches a decent HDR level it can work fine in some games. Although a "full/true" HDR experience can be different from that.

Only that its kinda overpriced with a feature that it doesn't quite fully support. but to me, it mostly has to hit the refresh range with a good overdrive or VRR?

but if you are happy with it, and doesn't need it for everything that it wanted to be, then it can be perfectly fine as a monitor 🙂 even if the tech can leave one worried if it was the "right" product to buy. So yeah, we shouldn't be as focused on some of these details, if the experience is fine, although it is good that reviewers cover this aspect of the product.

I agree with what you say here. And yes, it is/was overpriced. Again, I managed to buy it at an all-time low. I never would have paid the price it had been sitting at for months before I bought it -- there were too many monitors considered nearly/equally as good for less. I admit I'm not a hardcore gamer anymore, so I haven't even tried getting 170Hz from it, the 144Hz is just fine for me. (At least until I swap out my 6700xt for a 3080ti I finally managed to get from Best Buy!)

5600x/RTX 4080

“1. Never tell everything at once.” - Ken Venturi's Two Great Rules of Life

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

3 hours ago, sub68 said:

There would also need to be a puberty part3 video.  There’s some wacky stuff that happens.  That hair that fell out comes back in really weird places.  Like your ears. Also, many injuries you got as a kid and thought healed long ago suddenly come back.  

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Tom Scott x Alec Steele

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

what he says about sponsored streams in this video should really apply to ALL sponsored videos, especially from the likes of LTT where it's just a banner at  the bottom of the start of the video 

also wow new world is in a abysmal state....wtf indeed

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I'm thinking of printing one of these G3 cases for my Pi, then rigging up the microSD card for the front so I can swap between OS 9 and Raspbian.

elephants

49 minutes ago, Arika S said:

also wow new world is in a abysmal state....wtf indeed

yes and no. a game with a lot of "choice" that aren't actually choices. Until one goes to the endgame.

Spoiler

The starting and towards the end, it is kinda nice. But really hate the MMO's goal of keeping the endgame seperate of overall gameplay or only make the starting experience sort of in a better balanced state. Noticed that in new world, the initial train of motivation can carry a lot of fun and groups of players. Also how some of the endgame should have been in the midgame too. leaving people grinding or taking the wrong choice of not leveling up. Which I hate in MMO's that say that you can "do your own thing" kinda.

As for now, New world doesnt hold much water for the lenght of life it wants to be at. also how the game is made out of a version by amazon from the cryengine.

At least Extra Credits have some nice videos around game design, MMO's and the like.

and that there is just many areas that new world as an MMO is lacking and doubts about it. But if one can get some fun out of it, and it's not subscription based money grabber? (maybe a bit of a time waster like a lot of MMO's hopefully without tracking or taking data). Like one see with FF14 it has flaws and being a bit "old", but it has content like other MMO's but kind of something to look for at the endgame with players and a social aspect.

just a starting video for so many more they have.

FF14 video, After 1000 Hours -  MitchManix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fMdnWB9D88

37 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

yes and no. a game with a lot of "choice" that aren't actually choices. Until one goes to the endgame.

did you not even watch the video i linked?

client side processing allows you to ignore damage by shaking the camera

the chat window is open HTML allowing players replace the chat box for everyone who can see it with an image uploaded from their PC

the ability to run code in the chat box that makes the recipient's computer run out of memory and crash

multiple daily bug reports that must have step by step proof written on their forum that allows anyone to read them and go and use them otherwise they get ignored/closed.

this is well beyond game design or gameplay "choices", this is outright incompetence to a degree i've never seen before in video games

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

11 hours ago, Arika S said:

did you not even watch the video i linked?

this is well beyond game design or gameplay "choices", this is outright incompetence to a degree i've never seen before in video games

no, just wanted to say about the "other states" of new world as an MMO. Although that is bad too, if or just when it kills other sides of the game. up in the millions that was used for development and the engine. Also very much expected failures for someone trying to do an MMO just right out of the gate.

and kinda an excuse to rant about video games.

also some older MMO's had the same issues maybe WOW too? (not sure) that one could run or put some shady or breaking things into chat..

Which is a shame, and exactly similar to the launch of malware from some online games.

scott, revival of games

also about before, New world has solved some of the issues that was posted above, but a general rule to disable chat if worried for exploits continuing that hopefully is NOT malware. Terra online, WOW etc, have had similar issues (sorta).

Peer to peer hybrids, client hosts or other methods for online gaming?

And should one use VPN's in P2P games like destiny and GTA?