Tech of Tomorrow + Elric Phares + LLT stole the idea?

DiamondFX

Elric Phares acccuses Linus for stealing his soundcard idea/project what the hell. 

At: 5.20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq56pflg90Q

CPU: Ryzen 7-3700x 4.4GHz, MB: ASUS PRIME B450M-AGPU: SAPPHIRE RX 590, RAM: 16GB Corsair 3200MHz, SSD: 480GB Kingston HDD: 2TB WD Green, CHASSIS: CoolerMaster HAF 912, PSU: CoolerMaster Thunder 700W, COOLERHyper 212 Black Edition

2 minutes ago, DiamondFX said:

Elric Phares acccuses Linus for stealing his soundcard idea/project what the hell.  At: 5.20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq56pflg90Q

What soundcard idea/project is this person talking about? 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, minibois said:

I don't know, he does not explain. 

CPU: Ryzen 7-3700x 4.4GHz, MB: ASUS PRIME B450M-AGPU: SAPPHIRE RX 590, RAM: 16GB Corsair 3200MHz, SSD: 480GB Kingston HDD: 2TB WD Green, CHASSIS: CoolerMaster HAF 912, PSU: CoolerMaster Thunder 700W, COOLERHyper 212 Black Edition

2 minutes ago, minibois said:

The newest video from LTT about soundcards was a techquickie video about them become obsolete. Which doesn't really seem like stealing his idea.

I don't mean to be rude, but he has 550k subs and is getting on average 3-10k views per video. That's a pretty bad sub-view rate.

1 minute ago, Darpyface said:

The newest video from LTT about soundcards was a techquickie video about them become obsolete. Which doesn't really seem like stealing his idea.

Sure man, I don't think Linus would do such a thing anyway. He doesn't need it and he is not that kind of a person. I just feel Elric is going mad and jealous. 

1 minute ago, gloop said:

I don't mean to be rude, but he has 550k subs and is getting on average 3-10k views per video. That's a pretty bad sub-view rate.

He's been around for a while though. I used to watch his videos quite a bit back in the day (2013-14)

My guess is the video about the Sound BlasterX AE-5?

He did a review of it 29th july 2017 (that's 3 years ago, talk about old crap)

And on 9 november 2017, linus posted a video about the same thing.

We know LTT video's can take weeks/months to go from idea to video release and a soundcard isn't time sensitive so I can see it being perfectly reasonable as both parties starting working on a video at the same time, but releasing them at waay different moments.

That said, if this is what he is talking about, wtf does he mean with stealing his idea? It's just a review...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Just now, akio123008 said:

He's been around for a while though. I used to watch his videos quite a bit back in the day (2013-14)

So has LTT. They have 11.5 million subs and are getting 1m+ views per video, so 11.5 subs for every view roughly. On the other had, with ToT w/ 550k subs has 55 subs per view roughly (and thats estimating a pretty high view-count).

This guy used to own and run motherboards.org or something. He had some health issues back in the day and community (including linus himself) was supportive of him (this was even talked on some live stream back in the day I believe). I also wouldn't be surprised if LTT rehashes shit from other youtubers. LTT network has more subs and they can pretty much milk anything with their 12 y.o. viewer base.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

We know LTT video's can take weeks/months to go from idea to video release and a soundcard isn't time sensitive so I can see it being perfectly reasonable as both parties starting working on a video at the same time, but releasing them at waay different moments.

That said, if this is what he is talking about, wtf does he mean with stealing his idea? It's just a review...

So, he thinks that multiple people aren't allowed to make a review on a single product?

4 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

I totally agree with the part "wtf does he mean with stealing his idea. it's just a review". You can't just blame someone and try to get a way with it. I think he is trying to send some kind of a message. Elric never appeared on Linus Tech Tips and for a long time, he may have wanted to. But Linus is too clever to introduce characters such as this. That said, if Elric did have the correct attitude, personality and the willingness, Linus would have made a project (or projects) with him a long time ago. He collaborated with everyone except him. We should really wonder why. 

1 minute ago, gloop said:

So has LTT. They have 11.5 million subs and are getting 1m+ views per video, so 11.5 subs for every view roughly. On the other had, with ToT w/ 550k subs has 55 subs per view roughly (and thats estimating a pretty high view-count).

Well eh sure I guess, I've been watching them too. Difference is that I stuck around so that explains a lot :)

I'm not trying to defend the channel in any way or whatever, I'm just saying I'd heard of him before.

It's also not really clear if he's mad at LTT for doing the same video or just at YT for giving LTT more views than him.

If you play from 5:20 it appears to be the first one, if you play from 5:10 it turns out to be part of a rant on how his channel is getting less views overall.

5 minutes ago, Darpyface said:

Spoiler

Yeah, you could see the video you linked as a parallel to this one:

Spoiler

(Posted Oct 17th 2018 vs. Dec. 24th 2019.

They tackle the same idea, but neither idea is particularly original. 

5 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Spoiler

Yeah if this is the video idea ToT is talking about ,that would be extremely silly.

You can't blame someone for doing a review.

10 minutes ago, gloop said:

I would have to assume most of his subscribers have moved on from his content.

In the past he has also had some controversial/hostile views (can't remember the exact details) which really hurt his overall appearance on the platform.

I have not watched his videos in years, but remember actually watching them back in the day.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, DiamondFX said:

I totally agree with the part "wtf does he mean with stealing his idea. it's just a review". You can just blame someone and try to get a way with it. I think he is trying to send some kind of a message. Elric never appeared on Linus Tech Tips and for a long time, he wanted to be. But Linus is too clever to introduce characters such as this. That said, if Elric did have the correct attitude, personality and the willingness, Linus would have made a project (or projects) with him long time ago. He collaborated with everyone except him. We should really wonder why. 

Well if that's the reason I agree with Linus not doing a collab with someone like him.

That said, there are a bunch of tech guys out there he didn't collab with.

RandomGaminginHD for example, 300k+ subs, no collab.

randomfrankp, 1.6M subs, no collab (not that I can remember?)

That said, he DID collab with a small AF channel too once (and boy what a collab it was)

Akbkuku (now known as Tech Tangents) 84.5k subs! And he was at LTX!

And then there's Wendell from L1, 300k subs and by now we all know who Wendell is.

Tbh It's impossible to collab with every tech guy out there, but I can see why he avoided Elric.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

That no more sound cards video does appear to be the one he's referring to, but this is my first time seeing it.

I simply don't have time to follow every tech YouTube channel out there, which has resulted in some overlapping concepts over the years. Here's a notable one:

The comments were full of "lol copied Jayztwocents" at the time, and I guess that's a little awkward, but the truth is we had no idea he had done a video about it. 

The reality of it is whether it's the question of "Is X still relevant?" or mounting something to a wall, none of us are the first to do any of it, so it's not really worth stressing out over.

Let's just call dibs on any and everything we see so that LTT or any other channel under LMG can't make a video without being accused of stealing.

Sounds to me like he's butthurt that his videos aren't getting more views despite having so many subs.

He seems to have the wrong impression that all his ideas are unique and if someone dared to make a video similar to one of his, it means they obviously copied him.

Point is, soundcards going the way of the Dodo is nothing new. They were already well on their way out 10 years ago and I'm sure you could find articles or videos from that time period, long before his video about soundcards was ever conceived.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

if you know anything of tech of tomorrow guy his channel was forcefully taken, he started a new channel, got his legs cut off, misdiagnosed wrong disease where he thought he was gonna die, and the views have been going down ever since. so much so he's gonna blame anyone for his downfall, i'd hardly take him seriously. 

also remember this ?

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I think what it really boils down to is that Elric is just plain jelous that LTT is a bigger channel and gets more views than his channel. He's just making this whole 'stealing' story up so he's actually got something to be angry about rather than face up to the truth. This sort of stuff happens all the time when smaller channels start attacking bigger channels, the good thing is that it never ends well for the smaller channel. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: