iPhone 11 beats up my Android Gamers phone.

Sargon
8 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Tbf, that overheating CPU will actually perform worse on windows due to the undervolting applied in a MacOS enviroment. 

So the pluss-side of MacOS is the slightly pre-undervolted CPU. 

Though then they take half a step backwards again with their default fan curves. At least they're better on the 16" Pro from what I heard, but on the 13" the fans will only kick in when the CPU reaches ~70C, and even then they'll be spinning at a puny 1300-1500RPM up until the high 80s or low 90s.

Booting into Windows with Bootcamp though definitely makes a difference when it comes to temperatures (negatively ofc) which is instantly noticeable.

If only they would keep the undervolting part but also add in some not-so-lacklustre heatsinks even in the smaller 13"/14" models, wouldn't that be nice for everyone?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Just now, Mateyyy said:

Though then they take half a step backwards again with their default fan curves. At least they're better on the 16" Pro from what I heard, but on the 13" the fans will only kick in when the CPU reaches ~70C, and even then they'll be spinning at a puny 1300-1500RPM up until the high 80s or low 90s.

Booting into Windows with Bootcamp though definitely makes a difference when it comes to temperatures (negatively ofc) which is instantly noticeable.

If only they would keep the undervolting part but also add in some not-so-lacklustre heatsinks even in the smaller 13"/14" models, wouldn't that be nice for everyone?

But then the Laptop wouldn't fail in three years and people wouldn't buy a new one because the blackbox chip failed :/

41 minutes ago, Sargon said:

I know that with Macs they obviously have issues, but on mobile, is the iPhone the king?

Really it comes down to what part of the package you care about. 

As iphones certainly have a notable edge in various areas. 

As to when it comes to software longevity, service locations and brute performance, Iphones take the cake. 

Although I have never owned an iPhone I can see why people like iPhones as after all the iPhone was basically the 1st ever smartphone. In my view the issues with Apple are they are very expensive and Apple has a habit of making annoying/stupid  decisions. 

Also, my other question... does my "gamer" phone is overpriced?

I got the model with 1TB Storage and 12GB of RAM.

I think it cost me 1100USD, not sure if that includes delivery. The 512GB model cost maybe 200USD less?

I don't recall.

Anyway, I bought it from B&H, and now I see the 512GB model in Amazon at 1500USD! lol, talking about bad business practices.

It's discontinued at B&H.

Gonna be difficult to compare it to other phones right now.

But do you think I could got a cheaper non gamer phone with the same specs?

Anyone who runs non-proprietary software on an Apple device is a hypocrite... if what you want to do/run on a device is not sourced to run on the OS you choose, but has/had to be ported, then why are you buying a 'foreign' device in the first place?

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

Also regarding ecosystem.

Android is probably more "fun", and more open, and has more options.

But it's also more messed up.

For instance, a new app demonstrating the new AR Core features that was published in the Google Play by Google, wasn't available for my phone. I guess they didn't bother to whitelist my phone.

As someone who uploads sometimes games to the Google Play store, you have a list of thousands of phones that are marked as being able to run your app, so it's possible they just didn't have the phone at hand, or something about the listing was off that my phone was just not listed as a phone that can run the samples.

I doubt it doesn't have the specs to run ARCore's samples(ARCore works, just not that specific samples app), much older phones can run it.

13 minutes ago, Sargon said:

But it's also more messed up.

If you read the articles of many malicious  apps in the Apple AppStore you get the  impression that is also the case for Apple 

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

There are too many people who see just Apple as the only good consumer electronics company in the world and too many who just hate the company for no reason 

we should see the good things and bad things about their products 

bad things :

bad thermal designs

T2 security chip ( honestly almost nobody needs it it just helps Apple‘s anti repair behavior)

anti consumer behavior ( warranty , repairability )

making clearly stupid construction choices just to have a good looking design 

good things 

privacy ( definitely not perfect but better than Android)

software optimisation

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

* thread cleaned and locked *

As usual, people can't seem to avoid confrontation on the subject, also, as per the Community Standards, company X vs Y threads aren't allowed.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !