iPhone 11 beats up my Android Gamers phone.

Sargon

Some people say iPhones are overpriced, but perhaps the Apple products are really just superior than Android?

I know that with Macs they obviously have issues, but on mobile, is the iPhone the king?

8 minutes ago, Sargon said:

Some people say iPhones are overpriced, but perhaps the Apple products are really just superior than Android?

I know that with Macs they obviously have issues, but on mobile, is the iPhone the king?

King at draining bank balances; I'll give it that.

I wouldn't give either of them house room...

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

Well for one, the ROG is driving twice as many frames as the iPhone, so not so impressive actually.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

8 minutes ago, Sargon said:

Snap chipsets are a couple of years behind A chips in performance and iOS is more lightweight than android.

On the Mac side if you use MacOS software they blow away windows laptops in performance. Take Final Cut on a Mac vs Adobe or Da Vinci on the same hardware. Final cut stomps them both in terms of speed. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

@Sargon - if you want to buy an iPhone, who are we to dissuade you...?

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

WHY NOT...?!

2 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

Well for one, the ROG is driving twice as many frames as the iPhone, so not so impressive actually.

Not in the benchmark it's not, think about it if you run a benchmark on the same hardware say the GTAV bench having a 60Hz monitor and a 240Hz monitor you'll get the same FPS average or within margin of error. Unless you're retarded and have vsync on. 

Apple designs some really good mobile processors, and for the "lack" of RAM compared to Android phones they make up with very clever optimisations.

Usually when a new iPhone releases it's faster than its Android competitors, then later Android devices tend to get close or edge out that generation's iPhone, then a new iPhone releases, so on and so forth.

GaMiNg PhOnEs are a gimmick to say the least anyway - the only thing that would probably make that RoG phone faster than another equally equipped Android phone is probably the better cooling, which will allow it to maintain its performance for longer.

7 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

The iPhone's screen has roughly 200k more pixels (which is something that could actually make a difference, unless the benchmark runs tests at a standard resolution), and this isn't a battery life test anyway, so how exactly does the higher refresh rate negatively affect the RoG phone's score..?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

16 minutes ago, Sargon said:

is the iPhone the king?

In terms of SoC power :  Yes

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

4 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

On the Mac side if you use MacOS software they blow away windows laptops in performance

On equivelent hardware, no not really.

Tends to perhaps be a touch better due to the sloghtly undervolted chips Apple uses. 

5 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Take Final Cut on a Mac vs Adobe or Da Vinci on the same hardware. Final cut stomps them both in terms of speed. 

I will note that you are at that point comparing software suites, not performance of hardware. 

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

GaMiNg PhOnEs are a gimmick to say the least anyway

... typically for 'rich kids' who know the price of everything and the value of next to nothing.

WHY NOT...?!

17 minutes ago, Sargon said:

They're good but the word "King" is a massive overstatement. Besides, the main thing to consider about a phone is not the CPU/GPU - those are the LAST thing you have to worry about.

I'd say worry about durability first - Apple devices have a very sour reputation because they fail extremely easily due to the poor internal quality, poor design and intentional anti-consumer decisions that force a phone to either fail premature or become obsolete.

6 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

... typically for 'rich kids' who know the price of everything and the value of next to nothing.

I mean, they're not even faster per se, and they're absolutely hideous lol

Most rich kids probably just look for the iPhone that's got the highest number and the most added "Pro", "Max", "Plus", etc. in its name.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Just now, GoldenLag said:

On equivelent hardware, no not really.

Tends to perhaps be a touch better due to the sloghtly undervolted chips Apple uses. 

I will note that you are at that point comparing software suites, not performance of hardware. 

You can run Adobe on MacOS and still see the difference. A Mac running FC will outperform higher spec machines running the other suites 

One of the advantages of Macs is MacOS and the software you can only get on Mac. Software/Hardware optimisation is a thing. 

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

They're good but the word "King" is a massive overstatement. Besides, the main thing to consider about a phone is not the CPU/GPU - those are the LAST thing you have to worry about.

I'd say worry about durability first - Apple devices have a very sour reputation because they fail extremely easily due to the poor internal quality, poor design and intentional anti-consumer decisions that force a phone to either fail premature or become obsolete.

Add to that the 'reputation' of most of the retail price being profit.

WHY NOT...?!

2 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

I mean, they're not even faster per se, and they're absolutely hideous lol

Most rich kids probably just look for the iPhone that's got the highest number and the most added "Pro", "Max", "Plus", etc. 

I meant the "gaming 'phones", too... :P

WHY NOT...?!

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Um aside from the millions of people still on the 6s and 7? The 6s is even getting ios14 so by the time 15 rolls around in 2021 it will have had  6 years of support. They are supported longer than android handsets and have better performance. 

4 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

You can run Adobe on MacOS and still see the difference. A Mac running FC will outperform higher spec machines running the other suites 

One of the advantages of Macs is MacOS and the software you can only get on Mac. Software/Hardware optimisation is a thing. 

Can you run Final Cut, natively, on a Windows machine, though?

WHY NOT...?!

Just now, Lord Vile said:

Um aside from the millions of people still on the 6s and 7? The 6s is even getting ios14 so by the time 15 rolls around in 2021 it will have had  6 years of support. They are supported longer than android handsets and have better performance. 

Keep telling yourself that, I'll be here with my bent 6s that was so annoyed by its own existence, it got bent just by sitting in my pocket ;)

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Thing is - MacOS can be installed on custom machines as evident by the rather large hackintosh communities. The only reason to get a Mac or MacBook or i-device is if you have money you want to waste on expensive junk ;)

Which is sketchy, updates are a risk and I would like to point out illegal. 

Just now, Lord Vile said:

Which is sketchy, updates are a risk and I would like to point out illegal. 

Oh so you suddenly care about what OEMs write in their documentation? Funny how hypocrisy works eh?

1 minute ago, Eighjan said:

Can you run Final Cut, natively, on a Windows machine, though?

Nope MacOS only but the software is a massive pro to macs like ubiquity is to windows. 

Ok so, the refresh rate of the screen is 60 by default, you can set it to either 90 or 120. I heard newer phones are going to have variable refresh rate, as a higher refresh rate waste more battery.

I actually really like the external design of the phone, it's really nice to look at, it's not obnoxious, it's actually really cool and creative.

Plus I have the ROG symbol in the back can be lit on with RGB. Lol.

I think the monitor on this ROG 2 Phone is really beautiful. It has the higher refresh rate, but it also has HDR with 10 bits. The speakers are also really awesome, you can hear the audio from "outside" as opposed from the phone(and I am talking without any ear phones).

I am quite happy with the phone to be honest.

It's also cheaper than an iPhone if I am not mistaked.

I got the model with 1TB storage and 12GB RAM, and it cost me 1100USD. An equivalent iPhone would cost a lot more.

I don't live in the US, so luckily they canceled the taxes on importing phones over here, so buying it in the US and getting it here didn't cost too much.

So overall I think it's a really good value for the Price.

I don't think the fact that it's a "gamer" phone made it more expensive. It's the Snapdragon 855 plus, so I think it also means they select it from a better bin.

Do you think there re other Android phones with the same specs that are way more cheaper?

Just now, Eighjan said:

Then the 2 ecosystems cannot be compared is you quote proprietary software performance.

Compare them on software openly available to both & you get the foundations for a fair test.

Well you can run adobe on both and it's actually faster on Mac. 

1 minute ago, Lord Vile said:

No, it's not.

2 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Is that performance measured while dualbooting?

Because i would not be suprised that a Mac would go faster on MacOS. 

As for a generic CPU running with identical performance curves with no thermal limitations, idk. Idle load/background tasks may be a fair bit lighter than windows. 

Tho that said, i havent looked into it that much.