[VideoCardz] Sapphire to launch Radeon R9 290X VAPOR-X with 8GB RAM

Source

When Sapphire launched it’s R9 290 Tri-OC series I was quite disappointed. The cooler looks cheap, something like Lighting cooler for the masses, but at least it was a good performer. The good news is that guys over at Sapphire HQ decided to revive its VAPOR-X series with a totally new product. Of course they did the same thing as they did with HD 7000 series, they doubled the memory size, meaning we have a total of 8GB of GDDR5 memory on board. You have to agree it looks amazing compared to 780 Ti 3GB’s, but do we really need it?

Sapphire-R9-290X-VAPOR-X-8GB-3-850x387.j

Sapphire-R9-290X-VAPOR-X-8GB-Front-620x6

Sapphire-R9-290X-VAPOR-X-8GB-4-756x620.j

Sapphire-R9-290X-VAPOR-X-8GB-1-850x410.j

Now I know this is Videocardz but they have gotten some things right recently. I also have a teaser from OCN's Sapphire rep about this last month so I kind of expect it might be true (the 8gb VRAM part, that is). I also believed the Toxic would be released rather than the Vapor-X based on his tease to be honest so don't take this as granted just yet.

wow....

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

that's ridiculous, i cant really see where 8 gigs of v ram is necessary but its still a cool card

love that backplate design too

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

If this is true, I like the refreshing change of color for the card honestly. It may not match a whole lot of builds out there but then- it will not look like a whole lot of builds out there :D

As far as the 8GB goes- triple surround 1080p and higher, anyone?

8 gigs, that right there is the definition of overkill...

and i like it 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

that's ridiculous, i cant really see where 8 gigs of v ram is necessary but its still a cool card

love that backplate design too

i have the same backplates (ish) on my 280xs they're beautiful! :D

but on topic 8Gb seems unnecessary but that cooler looks really nice  

Edited by moustacheman

Cpu:4670k- at stock.... for now Gpu:r9-280x crossfire Cooler:KrakenX40 MB:mpower SP Ram:8gb hyperX beast 

i have the same backplates (ish) on my 280xs they're beautiful! :D

but on topic 8Gb seems unnecessary but that cooler looks really nice  

It's made for 4k+ gaming.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

id be interested to see if this actually makes a significant difference though, i may be completely wrong but i get the feeling current hardware all round isnt quite ready to push 4k to the max yet. 

Edited by moustacheman

Cpu:4670k- at stock.... for now Gpu:r9-280x crossfire Cooler:KrakenX40 MB:mpower SP Ram:8gb hyperX beast 

id be interested to see if this actually makes a significant difference though, i may be completely wrong but i get the feeling current hardware all round is quite ready to push 4k to the max yet. 

1GB more powerful cards is some 1080p @ultra game benchmarks are below 2GB less powerful cards due to the game not being able to access enough VRAM.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

1GB more powerful cards is some 1080p @ultra game benchmarks are below 2GB less powerful cards due to the game not being able to access enough VRAM.

aye, but im wondering if the most powerful cards are powerful enough for 4k or even 4k plus @ultra regardless of their VRAM or perhaps we must wait to maxwell or beyond for a reasonable experience at those resolutions. a card that is too slow for a resolution sees very little benefit from extra VRAM  

aye, but im wondering if the most powerful cards are powerful enough for 4k or even 4k plus @ultra regardless of their VRAM or perhaps we must wait to maxwell or beyond for a reasonable experience at those resolutions. a card that is too slow for a resolution sees very little benefit from extra VRAM  

It's particularly helpful if people are running crossfire with these wanting to push 4k or surround 2560 x 1440

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

yes this is necessary, just like 4 titans  

Current: CPU: Intel i7-8700k. Mobo: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 5. RAM: 16gb G Skill Trident Z RGB. GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super.

First: CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.5GHz. Mobo: Asus ROG crosshair V formula-Z. RAM: 8GB Patriot Viper XTreme. GPU: Asus Radeon 7950.

id be interested to see if this actually makes a significant difference though, i may be completely wrong but i get the feeling current hardware all round isnt quite ready to push 4k to the max yet. 

It won't until games make SUPER high-res textures.

4K doesn't even use more than 5GB, its OVERKILL.

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

4K doesn't even use more than 5GB, its OVERKILL.

Um, that doesn't matter though, if partners want to expand the VRAM on a card they have to double it.

Even if 4K only needed 4.1GB of VRAM, they'd still need to double up...

Blame AMD for not planning for 4K and make the base VRAM multiple of 5 or 6GB.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

great colour scheme! And 8gb's of VRAM, I dunno, developer uses maybe? 4K in surround? 

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

I really don't see the point in this card, maybe im missing something or this is just another hoax posted by Videocardz.

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net