I'm conflicted about consoles vs PC

loolou78

Hello everyone, 

I want to discuss the conflict I have in my mind about consoles vs PC almost all the time. I have a PS4, a switch and "gaming" laptop with a 970m (I will spare you the rest of the specs) so It's not really a very good gaming laptop by today standards but I have used It to play several games. 

I've always wanted a good desktop gaming PC but I've decided to put it on hold until the PS5/Xbox Series X and maybe Nvidia Ampere/RDNA 2 are released so I wouldn't regret it. Even though I played a lot of consoles, I always thought that PCs are just better because of 60fps+, mods, flexibility, ... etc.

But I recently started to think about my own tastes, I have played my share of 30fps games on switch and ps4) and I hate to admit that I don't find 30fps that bad, It's entirely playable especially for single player games considering I don't care a bit about online competitive games. Also I don't actually care about mods and finally I again hate to admit it but the best games I had fun with are console exclusives  (God of War, the Uncharted games, HZD, Fire Emblem Three houses, pokemon, ... etc).

The only remaining argument is the price, this is something that will stay a mystery until the new consoles and the new GPUs/CPUs are out.

I just wanted to start a discussion about this. But I think I will still get a PC, at least just for the heck of it.

Pc gaming is great, but console exclusives is something I miss.

1 minute ago, NZgamer said:

After building my first PC, I'm never going back to console.

Except when a new mario games come out.

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

1 hour ago, loolou78 said:

I have played my share of 30fps games on switch and ps4) and I hate to admit that I don't find 30fps that bad

I have a 144Hz monitor and I'll run games at that or above, all the way down to Arma 3 and 12FPS, because fuck optimizations. For me, anything above ~25 with a stable frame rate and frame times is fine. If I can get 60+ great, but if not, I don't really care and I don't see much difference between 60 and 144. The only time I've seen it be useful is for "natural" motion blur. My best example is Driver Parallel Lines has scrolling text in the garage, which for whatever reason just scrolls insanely fast to the point it's a blur. And it actually looks like a blur, and depending on whether or not your eye-tracking it you can actually read it. Thing is, for pretty much every game I've played that's the only one where I've noticed the benefit.

That being said, PC is the best platform for backwards compatibility, and some games like GTA and The Witcher are just straight better with mods. Most games come out on all platforms, and PC is getting more attention and more ports lately. There's not much reason to get the new Xbox when all the games will come out on PC. On Sony's end, they're porting over a handful of titles including Horizon Zero Dawn, which is one of 4 titles I bought a PS4 for.

#Muricaparrotgang

OK, i'll throw my two cents here.

Well, as a pc gamer most of my life i gotta tell you. Think twice before you invest in pc hardware. From my perspective it's becoming lame as fuck. Yesterday's PC GAMING SHOW proved my fears and point. Holy smokes, what a fucking garbage show that was. 50+ mediocre indie, early access rip-offs. My fellow pc players begging in the chat for persona 4, Horizon and bloodbourne. 3-4 year old games. They are amazing games mind you, but this is PC gaming? Begging for console games? So much for pushing boundries and gaming limits. At one point i fell pitty for people who bought 2070 or 2080 expecting greatness from this years show. I am really happy i didn't made an upgrade. A word about backwards compatibility. It's awesome, i mean, shit, i'm using it right now. I switch on Age of Mythology, i see the menu and i switch it off. Take a closer look at the state of PC gaming now. Mobas, battle royale games, survial games, mmos and crpgs every now and then. Thank goodness some console quality games are coming.

You wanna know what i'm talking about? Watch the show, recap or the whole thing. If the "apm" games are your thing then buy a new rig, if not. I dunno man, even the switch looks more fun then yesterdays roster of games. With every day i give less and less fucks about framerates, resolutions and hardware. I just want fun and exclusive games and i don't see them on pc market.

I'm really, really sorry for this chaotic mess of post. I guess i'm just horribly dissapointed.

2 hours ago, centurion_08 said:

OK, i'll throw my two cents here.

Well, as a pc gamer most of my life i gotta tell you. Think twice before you invest in pc hardware. From my perspective it's becoming lame as fuck. Yesterday's PC GAMING SHOW proved my fears and point. Holy smokes, what a fucking garbage show that was. 50+ mediocre indie, early access rip-offs. My fellow pc players begging in the chat for persona 4, Horizon and bloodbourne. 3-4 year old games. They are amazing games mind you, but this is PC gaming? Begging for console games? So much for pushing boundries and gaming limits. At one point i fell pitty for people who bought 2070 or 2080 expecting greatness from this years show. I am really happy i didn't made an upgrade. A word about backwards compatibility. It's awesome, i mean, shit, i'm using it right now. I switch on Age of Mythology, i see the menu and i switch it off. Take a closer look at the state of PC gaming now. Mobas, battle royale games, survial games, mmos and crpgs every now and then. Thank goodness some console quality games are coming.

You wanna know what i'm talking about? Watch the show, recap or the whole thing. If the "apm" games are your thing then buy a new rig, if not. I dunno man, even the switch looks more fun then yesterdays roster of games. With every day i give less and less fucks about framerates, resolutions and hardware. I just want fun and exclusive games and i don't see them on pc market.

I'm really, really sorry for this chaotic mess of post. I guess i'm just horribly dissapointed.

That's actually one of the reasons why I made this post. I watched the PS5 event and the PC Gaming Show yesterday and at the end I was just wondering does It make sense to get a more expensive PC if most of the interesting games are exclusive to the PS5 anyway and you get those multiplats too.

And there is Nintendo who have proved a lot of times that gameplay and art style is way more important for the fun factor than photorealism and high framerates.

Why not have them all?  I've put a good amount of time into games across them all and would feel short changed if one was missing.  The Xbox is a little less appealing now that they don't have exclusives.  Pretty much everyone on Xbox Gamepass I play on the PC now, but it's nice to fall back to the console every now and then.

Gaming - AMD TR 3970X | ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme II | G.SKILL Neo 3600 64GB | Zotac Nvidia 2080 Ti AMP | 2x Sabarent 1TB NVMe | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 1000w | Corsair K70 RGB Lux | Corsiar M65 | 2x ASUS Rog PG279Q | BenQ EW3270U | Windows 10 Pro | EKWB Custom loop

ITX - Intel i7-10700k | Asus ROG Z490-I Gaming | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200 32GB | EVGA 2080 Super| Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SSD | NZXT H1| Windows 10 Pro

HTPC - Intel i9-9900k | Asus ROG Maximus XI Code | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200 32GB | EVGA 1070 | Samsung 970 1TB | WD Blue 1TB SSD | NZXT H700  | EVGA G3 1000W | Corsair H150i | Windows 10 Pro

Servers - SuperMicro 846 | 2x 2695L V2 | 128GB | Chelsio 10Gbe | Chelsio 40Gbe | 24 x 6TB | FreeNas - SuperMicro 826 | 2 x 2695L | 128GB | Chelsio 10Gbe | Chelsio 40Gbe | 8 x 10TB | 847 24 x 1TB SSD | Windows Server 2019

Work - Dell XPS 15 9560 | i7-7700HQ | 32 GB RAM | 1TB NVMe | 4k dsiplay

For now, PC gaming is still the best in my opinion. There was a time when consoles were better than PC. Some could argue that was the PS3 and X360 later on in their lifetimes. But the PS4 and I believe Xbone had half the launch titles the 360 had. The level of creative games the 360 and ps3 had was astonishing, those were great times. I had absolutely no fun with the Xbone and PS4 and I have had both, nothing very innovative about either of them. They also did not really differentiate themselves from one another. There were barely any exclusives that I was excited about compared to PS3 and X360. As of this moment, I believe PS5 and XSEX could be repeats of the PS3 and 360. Why? The PS3 was super expensive when first launched, therefore the PS3 had alot of catching up to do, so they released a crap ton of exclusives to battle the 360. Looks like the PS5 is going the same route.

The PS5 launch conference was lackluster. Half those games are multiplatform. When i looked at the list there were only 5 or 6 launch titles as of this moment. 

All we can do is wait. Right now, for me purchasing the PS5 is a year or two out from launch. XSEX i am not to sure about.

41 minutes ago, Xplo1t said:

Why not have them all?  I've put a good amount of time into games across them all and would feel short changed if one was missing.  The Xbox is a little less appealing now that they don't have exclusives.  Pretty much everyone on Xbox Gamepass I play on the PC now, but it's nice to fall back to the console every now and then.

Exactly. I feel "yesterday" was a huge opportunity, wasted. Was hoping PC Gaming Show will come in and start swinging with some heavy hitters. Games that originated on personal computers. Half Life 3, L4D3, Warcraft 4, System Shock Remake, Diablo 4, Age of Empires 4, CnC/Red Alert 4? Maybe new Dune game, the Settlers 8? Plenty of games to show off PC gaming is going strong. Especially now, when it lacks good story driven, triple A exclusive games. PC's has exclusive genres for bob sake. And yes, there's nothing wrong with having all the systems. There's room for all of them and their games.

Fun personal fact:

From 2011 to 2018 i managed to finish about 16 pc games.

I bought my PS4 in the beginning of 2019 and till now i finished 22 games with platinum.

4 hours ago, centurion_08 said:

Exactly. I feel "yesterday" was a huge opportunity, wasted. Was hoping PC Gaming Show will come in and start swinging with some heavy hitters. Games that originated on personal computers. Half Life 3, L4D3, Warcraft 4, System Shock Remake, Diablo 4, Age of Empires 4, CnC/Red Alert 4? Maybe new Dune game, the Settlers 8? Plenty of games to show off PC gaming is going strong. Especially now, when it lacks good story driven, triple A exclusive games. PC's has exclusive genres for bob sake. And yes, there's nothing wrong with having all the systems. There's room for all of them and their games.

Fun personal fact:

From 2011 to 2018 i managed to finish about 16 pc games.

I bought my PS4 in the beginning of 2019 and till now i finished 22 games with platinum.

Back 4 Blood is a spiritual successor that was announced last year and is made by the original L4D creators. 

Check our Iron Harvest. It had only 15 seconds ln the PC gaming show and is releasing a PVP demo next that will last atleast a month I believe. 

You are right, I wasn't exactly thrilled with anything I have seen console game wise. I still believe PC is the way to go for the risks that the games are taking 

9 hours ago, PurplDrank said:

Back 4 Blood is a spiritual successor that was announced last year and is made by the original L4D creators. 

Check our Iron Harvest. It had only 15 seconds ln the PC gaming show and is releasing a PVP demo next that will last atleast a month I believe. 

You are right, I wasn't exactly thrilled with anything I have seen console game wise. I still believe PC is the way to go for the risks that the games are taking 

Dude, dude, that Iron Harvest game. Took a look at it, 1920's with Mechs in Poland. That's dope, haha :D Definitely will play and suport my compatriot.

On a side note, would really like to see Battle for the Middle Earth 3, Emperor Battle for Dune (full remake), Generals 2, Red Alert 4, CnC5, CoH 3.

On 6/14/2020 at 4:34 AM, loolou78 said:

Hello everyone, 

I want to discuss the conflict I gave in my mind about consoles vs PC almost all the time. I have a PS4, a switch and "gaming" laptop with a 970m (I will spare you the rest of the specs) so It's not really a very good gaming laptop by today standards but I have used It to play several games. 

I've always wanted a good desktop gaming PC but I've decided to put it on hold until the PS5/Xbox Series X and maybe Nvidia Ampere/RDNA 2 are released so I wouldn't regret it. Even though I played a lot of consoles, I always thought that PCs are just better because of 60fps+, mods, flexibility, ... etc.

But I recently started to think about my own tastes, I have played my share of 30fps games on switch and ps4) and I hate to admit that I don't find 30fps that bad, It's entirely playable especially for single player games considering I don't care a bit about online competitive games. Also I don't actually care about mods and finally I again hate to admit it but the best games I had fun with are console exclusives  (God of War, the Uncharted games, HZD, Fire Emblem Three houses, pokemon, ... etc).

The only remaining argument is the price, this is something that will stay a mystery until the new consoles and the new GPUs/CPUs are out.

I just wanted to start a discussion about this. But I think I will still get a PC, at least just for the heck of it.

Depends on how the consoles perform, UI etc. Like they can have all the games in the world but I still can't navigate the XB1 interface. 

Consoles will be cheaper hardware wise and a 4K BR player is nice but you have to pay to play online and after a couple of years you can't just throw another 2TB HDD into your system, you'll need Gen4 PCIE SSDs which aren't cheap especially for higher capacities. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

4 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

Depends on how the consoles perform, UI etc. Like they can have all the games in the world but I still can't navigate the XB1 interface. 

Consoles will be cheaper hardware wise and a 4K BR player is nice but you have to pay to play online and after a couple of years you can't just throw another 2TB HDD into your system, you'll need Gen4 PCIE SSDs which aren't cheap especially for higher capacities. 

Interesting, and honestly, that something ps5 owners (myself included) should think about now. I got WD my passport 4TB hooked to my ps4. It works and it's sweet, and it didn't cost a kidney. But if i want expand to something bigger than vanilla ssd on ps5.... with current prices.... ouch. At least it's not proprietary like psp memory cards.

6 minutes ago, centurion_08 said:

Interesting, and honestly, that something ps5 owners (myself included) should think about now. I got WD my passport 4TB hooked to my ps4. It works and it's sweet, and it didn't cost a kidney. But if i want expand to something bigger than vanilla ssd on ps5.... with current prices.... ouch. At least it's not proprietary like psp memory cards.

The XSX has proprietary 1TB cards but depends how much they cost. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

9 hours ago, centurion_08 said:

Dude, dude, that Iron Harvest game. Took a look at it, 1920's with Mechs in Poland. That's dope, haha :D Definitely will play and suport my compatriot.

On a side note, would really like to see Battle for the Middle Earth 3, Emperor Battle for Dune (full remake), Generals 2, Red Alert 4, CnC5, CoH 3.

Most of those will never happen besides continuing the remasters of the CnC games. Since COH 2 did so well maybe a COH 3. Don't forget Age of Empires 4 is coming out sometime in the next 2 years or so. 

Iron Harvest Pre order is available now. While it does not give access to closed beta. There is going to be a multiplayer demo for free sometime this week (i think tomorrow), not sure how long the demo will be playable for. But check that out before you pre order Iron Harvest. 

I have to agree here, there is no shame or problem of having both. I have a PC for gaming (well not anymore, it is 10years old, but will replace at the end of the year with the new CPUs) and I do have a Switch. And I like both. In the past when I had a gaming console and my PC was capable, I was buying games available on PC on my PC, and console only, there. 

I never understood one being stubborn to one or the other. You are just missing out, in my book. But I understand, if someone has a specific genre that they like that is not available on another platform or best played on the one they have/want, or don't have the budget.

I never buy a console day 1, I think it always best to wait a few months, as games tend to be ports, or last minute conversation to the latest console instead of past, and there is a very few actually new games for the platform, unless you really can't wait. You also tend to have interesting bundles, like a second control and save a bit. But ultimately, you know best what decisions to take, as they are many factors.

But my point is if you plan to save for a PC, but torn on getting the PS5, depending on how much you can grow your savings over time, how much you can wait, and what you think need more, buy that first, the rest can wait. I my case, my PC is aged old, buy decided to get a Switch (not on day 1), why? because I was not happy with the current market for CPUs, motherboards and GPUs, and prefer to wait, especially that my system, in terms of productivity still able to handle it longer. But if I had no choice, say my PC broke, or could not cope with its performance, I would have gotten a PC instead.

With Valve not doing shit (why no Portal 3, no Left 4 Dead 3?) and Bethesda a dumpster fire (no Elder Scrolls this gen, Fallout 4 was ok, Fallout 76 was garbage) man it's hard to love PC gaming right now. Meanwhile this has been an amazing time for PS4 and Switch exclusives since 2017. I still strongly prefer 60 fps when available so got a 1660 Super to replace my dead 970 for multiplat games like Sekiro, Control, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Resident Evil 3, etc that I didn't want to play at 30 fps on console, but it's long past the time I can justify getting a higher end gpu like I did in 2014 with the GTX 970 when the PS4/XB1 exclusive lineups were trash. To be fair, PS5 and XBox Series are likely to not be worth it the first 2-3 years either just like PS4 wasn't until 2017. Almost nothing in that Sony presentation had dates, so it's a good guess the heavy hitters like Horizon Westward Bound, Demon's Souls Remake, and Ratchet & Clank are 2-3 years from release. I think I went 1660 Super just to be a bridge until PS5 is worth buying in 2022 or 2023.

Gotta warn you, if you're waiting for Ampere and Navi 2 this fall/winter you're probably only going to be able to buy the higher end stuff. Maybe Cyberpunk 2077 will make it worth it? Guess we'll find out in September.

42 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

I never buy a console day 1, I think it always best to wait a few months, as games tend to be ports, or last minute conversation to the latest console instead of past, and there is a very few actually new games for the platform, unless you really can't wait. You also tend to have interesting bundles, like a second control and save a bit. But ultimately, you know best what decisions to take, and every region is different.

Agreed... Except Nintendo, who actually does sometimes have great exclusives on Day 1. E.g.,

• Super Mario Bros (NES)
  • Super Mario World (SNES)
  • F-Zero (SNES)
  • Super Mario 64 (N64)
  • Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)
  • Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)

But no way I'm getting PS5 at launch just for Spiderman Miles Morales which is probably just going to be like a DLC to Spiderman (the same way Uncharted Lost Legacy was almost like a DLC for Uncharted 4).

On 6/14/2020 at 11:19 AM, PurplDrank said:

For now, PC gaming is still the best in my opinion. There was a time when consoles were better than PC. Some could argue that was the PS3 and X360 later on in their lifetimes. But the PS4 and I believe Xbone had half the launch titles the 360 had. The level of creative games the 360 and ps3 had was astonishing, those were great times. I had absolutely no fun with the Xbone and PS4 and I have had both, nothing very innovative about either of them. They also did not really differentiate themselves from one another. There were barely any exclusives that I was excited about compared to PS3 and X360. As of this moment, I believe PS5 and XSEX could be repeats of the PS3 and 360. Why? The PS3 was super expensive when first launched, therefore the PS3 had alot of catching up to do, so they released a crap ton of exclusives to battle the 360. Looks like the PS5 is going the same route.

The PS5 launch conference was lackluster. Half those games are multiplatform. When i looked at the list there were only 5 or 6 launch titles as of this moment. 

All we can do is wait. Right now, for me purchasing the PS5 is a year or two out from launch. XSEX i am not to sure about.

I kind of feel the opposite honestly. Most of what I'd consider the best games last gen were multiplats like Portal 2, Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Dark Souls, Crysis, Gears of War, Bioshock, Bioshock Infinite, Assassins Creed II & Brotherhood, Tomb Raider, etc that I could play on PC. Sure there was Demons Souls, God of War III, Yakuza 4 & 5, and The Last of Us on PS3, but last gen you were still getting top notch stuff out of Bethesda and Valve. Not so this gen. No Elder Scrolls and disappointing Fallout games from Bethesda and one VR game from Valve. I loved PC gaming in 2015 with Dying Light, the good version of GTA V, and Witcher 3, but then 2017 was loaded with incredible console only games like Persona 5, Super Mario Odyssey, Zelda BOTW, Horizon Zero Dawn, Yakuza 0, Nioh... the only game I loved in 2017 that I could play on PC then was NieR Automata (to be fair it was easily my favorite game of 2017). Then 2018 you had God of War and RDR2. Though 2019 had a good comeback for PC with Resident Evil 2, Sekiro, RDR2 (better version), and Control. Still I feel this console gen has been way better than last for console exclusives and way worse than last for multiplats I could play on PC.

Definitely agree on the PS5 conference being very disappointing and I strongly doubt I'll buy a new console before late 2022.

30 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I kind of feel the opposite honestly. Most of what I'd consider the best games last gen were multiplats like Portal 2, Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Dark Souls, Crysis, Gears of War, Bioshock, Bioshock Infinite, Assassins Creed II & Brotherhood, Tomb Raider, etc that I could play on PC. Sure there was Demons Souls, God of War III, Yakuza 4 & 5, and The Last of Us on PS3, but last gen you were still getting top notch stuff out of Bethesda and Valve. Not so this gen. No Elder Scrolls and disappointing Fallout games from Bethesda and one VR game from Valve. I loved PC gaming in 2015 with Dying Light, the good version of GTA V, and Witcher 3, but then 2017 was loaded with incredible console only games like Persona 5, Super Mario Odyssey, Zelda BOTW, Horizon Zero Dawn, Yakuza 0, Nioh... the only game I loved in 2017 that I could play on PC then was NieR Automata (to be fair it was easily my favorite game of 2017). Then 2018 you had God of War and RDR2. Though 2019 had a good comeback for PC with Resident Evil 2, Sekiro, RDR2 (better version), and Control. Still I feel this console gen has been way better than last for console exclusives and way worse than last for multiplats I could play on PC.

Definitely agree on the PS5 conference being very disappointing and I strongly doubt I'll buy a new console before late 2022.

All those games you mentioned are mainly 360 and PS3. 

I tell anyone who likes single player adventure games mainly to stick to consoles. No need to spend money on a  PC just  for singleplayer games. Which in your case is true. I love FPS and MOBAS, and RTS games. I dabble in the occasional MMO. All the genres I just listed are typically better on PC. The FPS portion all the major leagues for Overwatch, Rainbow Six and soon Valorant (it is coming to console) will mainly be mouse and keyboard PC leagues. Those genres I love to play and PC just does it better. Not to mention having an all in one tool system. It is convenient to play a few rounds of whatever, then exit out and type a paper for school without having to get up. The only thing I do not really do with my PC is watch movies or TV. I Also, love mods. A few of my favorite mods I have played are DayZ mod and Dota (warcraft 3) mod. DayZ wasn't on console until just recently at some point. 

52 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

All those games you mentioned are mainly 360 and PS3. 

I tell anyone who likes single player adventure games mainly to stick to consoles. No need to spend money on a  PC just  for singleplayer games. Which in your case is true. I love FPS and MOBAS, and RTS games. I dabble in the occasional MMO. All the genres I just listed are typically better on PC. The FPS portion all the major leagues for Overwatch, Rainbow Six and soon Valorant (it is coming to console) will mainly be mouse and keyboard PC leagues. Those genres I love to play and PC just does it better. Not to mention having an all in one tool system. It is convenient to play a few rounds of whatever, then exit out and type a paper for school without having to get up. The only thing I do not really do with my PC is watch movies or TV. I Also, love mods. A few of my favorite mods I have played are DayZ mod and Dota (warcraft 3) mod. DayZ wasn't on console until just recently at some point. 

Yeah keyboard and mouse is the only way to go if you love FPS. I was really into them in the 90s and early 2000s and playing say Doom or Quake games on N64 with a controller wasn't as enjoyable as on PC. But last FPS I really loved was Crysis, I guess unless you want to count the Bioshock series. And last one I was into online was UT2004.

On 6/13/2020 at 11:34 PM, loolou78 said:

Hello everyone, 

I want to discuss the conflict I gave in my mind about consoles vs PC almost all the time. I have a PS4, a switch and "gaming" laptop with a 970m (I will spare you the rest of the specs) so It's not really a very good gaming laptop by today standards but I have used It to play several games. 

I'd lean console precisely for that reason.  PCs have some advantages over consoles for certain kinds of games, and of course you can upgrade the hardware without waiting several years... but it's the games themselves that are what ultimately matter, and having a $3K PC won't mean much if you'd rather play Horizon II than Warzone.  I'd add that going to PCs also means dealing with more online cheaters (Destiny 2 players have griped about that, for instance).

Besides, I can't help but think that embracing PC gaming also means limiting the kinds of computers you can buy -- you're basically resigning yourself to buying Windows towers for perpetuity.  Different strokes for different folks, but as a console gamer I enjoy knowing that I'm not chained to Windows and can get Macs instead.

Considering your situation, I think console suits you. I'm not hearing much motivation from your post to buy/build a gaming pc. 

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

The way i see it, there are more games u cant play on a given console, than there are games u cant play on a PC.

Ofc there will be some very good exclusives ull wish u could play, but thats always going to be the case regardless of what u buy. The only slight comfort u may get on the PC side with respect to that is that eventually many consoles are emulated, and/or the 'exclusives' get ported to PC.

Dont feel to bad about being ok with 30 FPS on consoles, most games designed and built for console are balanced and built to run at those frame rates, some games originally designed for console 30fps can feel overly sluggish on PC even at 120fps, because the game has been designed to 'feel' that way.

The biggest concern I think most should have is price.

The PS5 and XSX are looking to be even more costly than last gen, and perhaps more inline to what the PS3 was at launch, we're currently looking at atleast $500 for the cheaper version PS5, with the XSX being more expensive, possibly $600.

At that price, and with next gen GPUs on the horizon looking to be a much more relevant boost in performance vs the 20 series, it will be easier to build a PC 'new' to match a PS5/XBX, and substantially easier to build it 'used'.

Add this on to the usual comparisons of PC vs Consoles, such as game cost, utility and versatility, upgradebility, etc, i think PC is still the best option, though understandably a hard choice when looking at some upcoming console exclusives.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

6 hours ago, SolarNova said:

Add this on to the usual comparisons of PC vs Consoles, such as game cost, utility and versatility, upgradebility, etc, i think PC is still the best option, though understandably a hard choice when looking at some upcoming console exclusives.

Game cost isn't too bad on PS4. I buy most of my games for $20 to $30 and snipe a lot of quality $5 - $10 stuff too. Switch though, god the games are expensive on it.