Zombie Mods - The TVR Sagaris.

ALXAndy

sure, "no mounting points"

Ghaahha well...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

imagine if all those fans were like AF140 LED versions, it would burn your eyes out, if they could get enough power :3

They alone would eat for one gpu of watts xD

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

probably, i'm just dreading having to buy a 1000W psu, getting 2 R9 290's and i wanna have some headroom, but atleast i can buy the RM 1000 and a few fans this month, and if i can find something useful for andy that too :P

imagine if all those fans were like AF140 LED versions, it would burn your eyes out, if they could get enough power :3

Update. So here is the card reader fitted into the bay.

1_zps678193b7.jpg

But if we look at the front something doesn't add up...

2_zps669b3f2f.jpg

Hmm...

3_zps6b7c2b7b.jpg

OK, so tape.

4_zpsc3283c4f.jpg

Mark.

5_zps0c367772.jpg

Cut through the masking and the dinoc and peel.

6_zps8f3185b7.jpg

Done.

7_zpsc7ce5b2d.jpg

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzp

8_zps2260cc37.jpg

Braid.

9_zps24f93fa7.jpg

Done.

10_zps02773889.jpg

I do need to paint the inside edges as they have gone a bit grey. Really not a problem.. Whilst I was working something arrived..

11_zps1e5ba68a.jpg

Top Secret... But suffice to say it really made me happy ;)

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

really liking the front panel might just be my ocd but blue of the dinoc, yellow of the patriot enclosure and red of the LED's makes my head spin lol

also is that the hood scoop? :P

really liking the front panel might just be my ocd but blue of the dinoc, yellow of the patriot enclosure and red of the LED's makes my head spin lol

also is that the hood scoop? :P

The blue dinoc is going dude. It's only there because I wasn't sure what finish I was going to use on the main cover panel.

It will be covered in the same finish the front will use.. No, it's not the hood scoop. It's a part of the finish :D

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

The blue dinoc is going dude. It's only there because I wasn't sure what finish I was going to use on the main cover panel.

It will be covered in the same finish the front will use.. No, it's not the hood scoop. It's a part of the finish :D

oh i see, should look awesome!

a gift from b-negative maybe? ;)

oh i see, should look awesome!

a gift from b-negative maybe? ;)

Nope. I've decided to try and go it alone at first :)

im guessing a lacquer?

im guessing a lacquer?

Hehe nope. If the sun is shining tomorrow I'll let the secret out ;) the sun needs to be shining for this one......

Oh btw guys, forgot to tell you.

So a couple of days back I tried to contact the seller of the GPU fans to complain they hadn't arrived, but Ebay started a dispute because too much time had elapsed. I was hit with an accusation that I was trying to steal his fans. FFS. So I lashed back and put the ball in his court - prove they have been sent FFS. I mean, you guys here know they haven't arrived because I'd sure have fitted the fucking things.

Any way, it seems my reply showed him that I wasn't some brainless mong who was going to put up with no fans, so he's sent more. This time tracked and signed for, they should be here in the morning no quibbles..

God, I really hope so. Seriously, I'm almost beginning to think I'm destined never to use the GPU :(

In other news.. I've booked a courier to collect the H100 being donated to the cause. I got some pics it looks to be in great condition. The fan controller doesn't work, but tbh the fan controller on it is wank any way and I'll be wiring it to the one in the PC. Been doing some measuring and man, if it fits it's going to be a real wedgie :D but I'm hopeful I can get it in because I do love how compact this machine is. Sadly compact can still mean heavy, and by the time I'm done stuffing bits in I doubt it'll be very portable :D

See you guys in the morning, when hopefully more of the stuff will arrive.

wow that guy seems like an idiot, i hope you leave negative feedback on his ebay shop, and if you can find a website, there too ;)

Yeah he's a bit of a douche tbh. Really aggressive.. I mean even when I emailed him two days after ordering he gets all shirty and starts using exclamation marks.. Twat.

Any way, been looking at the rig this morning. I have my Corsair H100 box left from mine with all the Intel bits in (minus two thumb screws) and I offered up the bracket to my socket and it lines up. So I measured the distance between the vertical screws and the horizontal ones and they both came back the same, square.

This is really good news. If you look at the current cooler it looks like the hole pattern is in a rectangle. The fact it's a true square gives me a lot of hope that it's going to work.

Only thing is? I'm all out of thermal paste lmao. Still, I must say I'm super super excited about getting a H100 in there.

Yeah he's a bit of a douche tbh. Really aggressive.. I mean even when I emailed him two days after ordering he gets all shirty and starts using exclamation marks.. Twat.

Any way, been looking at the rig this morning. I have my Corsair H100 box left from mine with all the Intel bits in (minus two thumb screws) and I offered up the bracket to my socket and it lines up. So I measured the distance between the vertical screws and the horizontal ones and they both came back the same, square.

This is really good news. If you look at the current cooler it looks like the hole pattern is in a rectangle. The fact it's a true square gives me a lot of hope that it's going to work.

Only thing is? I'm all out of thermal paste lmao. Still, I must say I'm super super excited about getting a H100 in there.

there may be a little gift in the jiffy bag with the thumb screws  ;)  :ph34r:

haha nice one bro. I'm trying to remain positive tbh. Was a bit down yesterday over this fan shit but hey, that's the way it is. I must admit I almost folded when I broke the GPU. I wanted it for so many years then I broke it... :(

Fixing the Lightning...

The mother load..

1_zps5dfdca24.jpg

OK remove the card from the rig..

2_zps80605c7e.jpg

Turn it over to remove the screws..

3_zps5894b5b0.jpg

And remove the cooler.

4_zps26fcbc6c.jpg

Cleaning stuff.

5_zps9e720998.jpg

Strip the cooler.

6_zpse3726f44.jpg

And remove the fans.

7_zpsc2483faa.jpg

Now compare the two fans to see what my options are.

8_zps9e7c82ef.jpg

OK. The motors look the same width, depth and so on, so I was hopeful that I could just remove the yellow fan fronts and put them on the back of the original fans.. Remove the sticker.

9_zps85999c11.jpg

Then remove the little C clip and remove the fan front.

10_zps5a111681.jpg

But sadly the spindle on the yellow fan is not long enough to be put into the black back properly. Bummer, but the show must go on !

11_zps90286c4a.jpg

Solder and fit.

12_zpse5d3cbf7.jpg

Reassemble.

13_zpsc65c6321.jpg

And test.

14_zps7e8f32cf.jpg

OK, so the Lightning is fixed. Back to work....

This arrived today too. It's the Adaptec SATA RAID card. 6 ports, three RAID chips (you can see them lined up).

card1_zpsd18447ec.jpg

Put it in and sorted it out. Win 8 needs the driver forcing on but it's all running now :)

Then onto the front panel which hasn't seen the light of day since I bought the PC.

plate1_zps52ce088d.jpg

I am going to be smoothing the front completely, so I need to fill in that horrible hole where the badge used to be.

Get out the epoxy and the modeller's mesh.

plate2_zps08006cc1.jpg

Cut some mesh to fit.

plate3_zpsda576e15.jpg

And epoxy it into place. This will give a backing for the body filler.

plate4_zpsd82a5e0c.jpg

Good lord o: that card...

Still need the tim?

Good lord o: that card...

Still need the tim?

Yeah. I have to remove the CPU cooler soon to try and get the H100 in.. That will probably require a few reseats..

I've got lots to do now. Filling, priming, base coats, coverings.. Side panel mod, H100 mod.. The list grows daily lol.

Yeah. I have to remove the CPU cooler soon to try and get the H100 in.. That will probably require a few reseats..

I've got lots to do now. Filling, priming, base coats, coverings.. Side panel mod, H100 mod.. The list grows daily lol.

Which one do you prefer? Ive got some money, can donate atleast something hehe :)

Which one do you prefer? Ive got some money, can donate atleast something hehe :)

TBH I've never really gone mad on them. I always just use whatever was cheap lol. I've got some Coolabs Liquid Pro but the problem with that is it's a one shot deal. It actually cures hard and seals the cooler to the CPU, so I daren't use it on this build (yet lmao).

Hey, now there's something you don't do every day, out Google Google.. The spell checker seems to think that daren't is not a word. Yet it's in the English dictionary.. Bloody yanks ! :D

Any way, back to pastes... No idea dude.. I do like Ceramique but it's kinda thick and doesn't tend to be easy to use.. Zalman's stuff is like putty so I avoid that at all costs...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arctic-cooling-mx-4-thermal-paste-4g-CPU-GPU-Processor-Heat-Sink-Compound-/291078690048?pt=UK_Computing_Thermal_Compounds_Supplies&hash=item43c5a45500

Would probably more than do it tbh.