Zombie Mods - The TVR Sagaris.

ALXAndy

Ermahgerd. OK so check this out. Ages ago now (weeks) I bought three fans from China. The seller sent me an email telling me they weren't in stock. I say OK, send me a refund. Then they have shipped them /rolleyes. So I thought whatever and ordered some (at a much higher price) from a UK seller. I get the shipped notification from the UK seller. I email them two days later asking what method they used to send them, they say first class ! (note the exclamation).

Any way, seven days later they don't arrive so I email them and ask where they are. They then go on this long load of old crap about me stealing the fans. In the end they begrudgingly send me two more via recorded post. They arrive, I repair my GPU...

OK so here's where it gets all weird. Last Thursday I get a card from Royal mail telling me I owe them money. They don't tell me why so much, or what for, just that some one has sent me something without paying enough postage.

So I pay the fine because I am expecting quite a few things.

Guess what? it turned out to be the fans they sent and they hadn't put ANY stamps on the envelope whatsoever..

So what's so messed up about today? look what else came on the very same day !!!

fans2_zps75efdbc0.jpg 

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Nah. the H100 came, I may just mount three to the front of that ;)

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

But you've already sleeved those fans on the graphics card..LOL. But it looks like this one can be plugged in to the gpu right?What do you plan to do with all of that fans?

OK H100 fun..

It's important that I use Dell fans. Otherwise if there is nothing plugged into the sockets on the mobo I get alarms every time I boot the PC that halt post. So, I simply took a 92mm Nidec and a 120mm Nidec and used the 120-92mm fan adapter I had. I can't use a 120 on the top because it hits the board. So mock up time..

First I had to remove the fan shroud.

1_zps44f95288.jpg

Mock.

2_zps579b513a.jpg

OK that works. In order to get it in I had to mod both the 120mm and the 92mm fans.

3_zpsed44a90d.jpg

OK. So the stock Corsair screw system will not work and here is why.

5_zps94893371.jpg

The Corsair screws are female. The ends coming out of my board are female... The two won't work. So I removed all four of the stock cooler screws and springs. Then I hit a snag. They were too thick to go through the Corsair brackets FFS. So I got out the Dremel and ground out the slots in the spare set of Intel brackets I had..

6_zps138afdaa.jpg

Another angle on that..

7_zps88aefc52.jpg

Then I hit another snag. The springs were too long.. FFS back to the kitchen to cut them all down..

9_zps6d64778d.jpg

Fit my modded brackets.

8_zpsb4466789.jpg

And finally, after almost three hours.

10_zpsb834a39c.jpg

OK so couple of things left to do before I fit it permanently. One, do this.

11_zpsca07a928.jpg

And the other one, paint all of the accessories.

12_zpsde7f0175.jpg

And once they've had a couple of coats and have dried I can start working out the bracket that will hold it firmly in place.

that would be highly inefficient xD i think if you did that your cpu would overheat xD

That's a joke yes? you do realise my CPU has a TDP max of 60 watts? a H100 will drown it lmao, fans or not !

How are you planning to cool the second CPU?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

How are you planning to cool the second CPU?

What second CPU?

What second CPU?

My bad, got you confused with another build I was thinking about

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

My bad, got you confused with another build I was thinking about

:D

The board can take another CPU but tbh I wanted the rig to be low powered (as in power at the wall) and quiet. The second CPU module has a blower fan on that looks anything but quiet.

The area it sits in will eventually host 6 2.5" laptop drives in RAID.

:D

The board can take another CPU but tbh I wanted the rig to be low powered (as in power at the wall) and quiet. The second CPU module has a blower fan on that looks anything but quiet.

haha ... 40W CPU .... GPU with 3 power connectors :D

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Well, you know, two power connectors deliver power to the GPU,

and one sucks it back out, so you only really have one power

delivery line to the GPU after doing the math. :P

@OP: Looks smashing! :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

The GPU runs on the later drivers that down clock it to 50mhz when idle. Even though the CPU is 60w it's still got 6 cores and 12 threads and when used it's very powerful :)

The GPU runs on the later drivers that down clock it to 50mhz when idle. Even though the CPU is 60w it's still got 6 cores and 12 threads and when used it's very powerful :)

Do you have a power meter? now I am curious :D

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Do you have a power meter? now I am curious :D

No but I will be getting one :)

Either way I can guarantee that it chows down a lot less power than my gaming rig, which runs a FX 8320 @ 4.9ghz, a 7990 overclocked and about eight hard drives :D

I do need GPU power for this workstation. I do a lot of graphics intense work.

Been falling behind this build, test week and im studying(not really, been playing consoles). wow that is a beast...

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

what i meant by my comment about the spare GPU fans being inefficient is that you would only have about 2/3 of the surface area covered, and THAT would be inefficient but with that 90 to 120mm bracket it should be fine, and since you found out that you won't need the thumb screws i'm guessing all you need is some thermal paste, but i'm assuming you have some already?

Trying not to be that guy , but this is utter shit.

just leave the door is over there ------->

the point of this is to be made out of what he could find no shit its not going to turn out like 4 way sli titan blacks and 4960x

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

just leave the door is over there ------->

the point of this is to be made out of what he could find no shit its not going to turn out like 4 way sli titan blacks and 4960x

Look dude I didn't say I wanted it to be that but it just doesn't look that good to me. Wait I forgot I can't express anything on this site without receiving hate.

Look dude I didn't say I wanted it to be that but it just doesn't look that good to me. Wait I forgot I can't express anything on this site without receiving hate.

the reason you dont say stuff like that is because we dont want little shit heads going around if you want to be a jerk to people all the time go to reddit or something

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

the reason you dont say stuff like that is because we dont want little shit heads going around if you want to be a jerk to people all the time go to reddit or something

It's not called being a little shithead it's called expressing opinions.

if you don't wanna be that guy don't post in this thread, if you don't like it, then move along no point putting a downer on something that has creative flair and what someone has sunk alot of time into.

i'd like to see your revamped dell workstation barebones and see how it turns out -.-'