Zombie Mods - The TVR Sagaris.

ALXAndy

The fans I've ordered are two wire mate. A modern GPU fan is four wire. 

Edit.. Sorry man got a little confused there.. I think the MSI fans are PWM.. I would need to check but you could be onto something there if they're not....

Well not all modern GPUs use PWM controlled fans, but the N480 Lightning most likely does.

The fan connector on the PCB is definitely 4-Pin.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Well not all modern GPUs use PWM controlled fans, but the N480 Lightning most likely does.

The fan connector on the PCB is definitely 4-Pin.

Yeah that's what I was thinking tbh.. In fact I just checked a thread I posted on another forum (forgot about it) and yeah, it is 4 pin and the fourth pin is PWM.

So hopefully the motors are the same size. They should be....

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Morning all. Not much to update on in a pictorial sense here but just thinking aloud...

OK. So what you guys don't know right now is that I have planned to use two 80mm fans in the rear of the chassis. There are stock fittings there. However, 80mm fans are the spawn of Satan and sound like Jezebel doing karaoke. Thus, I want a fan controller so I have one lined up. It means removing the optical drive but whatever, I have an external..

OK so now for the more important news. I have been back and forth over how I want the front to look. Now at last update I was going to send it to B-Negative but I just feel this would be cheating a little. Not taking anything away from the guy's work, he's a legend, but I would just rather stink of burning finger hair from using the heat gun and spray laquer.

For a long time now I have been wanting to cover something in dinoc vinyl but then clear coat it. Real carbon fibre tends to have epoxy that is polished so it's really shiny. You can't get vinyl that looks anything like a real coat of clear so I've been wanting to experiment..

Now I am a huge fan of Kevlar, especially the bright yellow stuff. Sadly Kevlar is a dog's arse to work with (very messy and it's very thick and hard to cut around) so coating the front in actual Kevlar is not going to happen (which makes me really, really sad). However, what I've been thinking about is laying down a black base on the front and then fitting dinoc before going to town with the clear coat (6-7 coats and extreme polishing to make it glisten).

As such I've got my eye on some bright yellow dinoc right now, as well as some chameleon dinoc that changes colours. I'm still quite poor financially (two days to go !!) but I did manage to get some test samples ordered. With these I will firstly heat them up and see how they work with the heat gun and what happens to the colours etc, then I will experiment with the clear coat laquer.

I'm not saying never in regards to sending off the panel for paint but I just want to cover all avenues first. The way things are right now this could be my last mod of this scale. It's a very expensive hobby and you end up with quite a formidably sized object afterwards. As such I would like it to be ongoing for a while to come meaning keeping this one around.

I'm a bit of a hotrod person at heart. IE - metal flake paint jobs and shifting colours etc.

Any way, I'm hoping my fans arrive soon so I will be able to do an update with pics for you all.. Until then, something to ponder.....

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Yay finally a better update !

First up this.

rhoebusblack_zpsb16531b2.jpg

A Sunbeam Rhoebus. A top end fan controller has been donated by a Bit-tech member by the name of Splosh. What a top chap ! this will be used for something I've planned but you won't be seeing it just yet ;)

Next up. My carbon samples arrived this morning and I've been playing. Watch this..

carbon1_zps6751a645.jpg

And then...

carbon2_zps65de605a.jpg

But... In the sample pack were a few others, and I will be using one of those. Again, top secret for now chaps but yeah, expect the unexpected as always ;)

Peace out.

bonk

sad news the pictures didnt know could you try imgur? 

www.imgur.com 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

There's just something about F5 that's so refreshing....

There's just something about F5 that's so refreshing....

shessss i refreshed a few times and it still isnt working ill try again tomorrow 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

shessss i refreshed a few times and it still isnt working ill try again tomorrow 

shhhssss your ISP is screwing you ;)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Nah it's not his ISP. I initially uploaded them to the wrong account which is over the limit bandwidth wise..

They're on the other one now which should be fine..

I've been playing around with the vinyl samples and it does stretch OK without losing the integrity of the colours.. Right now I'm undecided between two, but will use one of those..

So, this week coming up is going to be a pretty busy one I foresee :)

Nah it's not his ISP. I initially uploaded them to the wrong account which is over the limit bandwidth wise..

They're on the other one now which should be fine..

I've been playing around with the vinyl samples and it does stretch OK without losing the integrity of the colours.. Right now I'm undecided between two, but will use one of those..

So, this week coming up is going to be a pretty busy one I foresee :)

i reaaaaaaly like the gold one :D

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

i reaaaaaaly like the gold one :D

Yeah me too. I'm not using any of those though :)

Yeah me too. I'm not using any of those though :)

ah. too bad hehe :)

I got my graphics card back :D currently translating my case design into 3d. might get some pics to show by the afternoon hehe

2NLf6R6.jpg

Right. Today I took the 120mm fan from the blown up power supply and extended the wires before braiding it. In the front of the rig there is a plastic housing that holds two 120mm fans. This one will be put in the bottom in order to cool the CPU (it has a passive heatsink on it). It will be wired to the fan controller so I can take full control of it :)

braidedfanintake_zpsf9c46897.jpg

OK so I decided to do some work. I wanted to braid the 8 pin EPS and remove the horrid white plug it had. I had a black one on the dead PSU, so let's do it then..

1_zpsa829f36a.jpg

You can see it in there. Remove the front fan box.

2_zpsf749fa5e.jpg

Unplug..

3_zpsb6d0643e.jpg

Try and pull it free, won't budge... Remove entire fucking motherboard lmao :D

4_zps523030d6.jpg

And start..

5_zps7a286188.jpg

And more...

7_zpsb8cdf337.jpg

And more...

8_zps012d251d.jpg

And done ;)

9_zps4a4d2a32.jpg

Fit the fan..

11_zps9541f1e7.jpg

And then put it all back together :D

awesome work :D 

love them cables  :wub: also really nice work! excited to see more

I'm still waiting on the GPU fans. I'm really, really annoyed about it because he's told me (this wanker on Ebay) that they were sent first class but I don't believe him as other stuff as arrived since.. Bastard.

I've also been working on ways to get the side panel back on because I have an issue.. Basically the Lightning is full height. What I mean by that is that the PCB comes all the way up to the PCI plate where you screw the card down. Due to that it means the PCIE power plugs come out over the top of that and the Dell is a very narrow case, meaning they now protrude out where the side panel wants to sit flush.

This means modding the side panel (which was always on the cards any way) but I've been digging around for ideas on how to do it.... I will be ordering a seriously big pile of modding parts tomorrow (pretty much anything and everything I need to completely finish it) so there will be some serious worklogs coming.

I will do a full log on stripping and repairing the GPU first though, if these fans ever fucking show up :(

really sucks that the fans didnt turn up, you should make a case on ebay to see if you can get your money back...

It's only been three days tbh, but I just need them so bad as they are holding up the entire build..

I just noticed the ones from China have a tracking number, so at worst I've got about two weeks.. Come tomorrow man it won't matter as I have an enormous pile of modding parts lined up to be ordered.

OK big update. The fan controller arrived (still no fucking GPU fans though grrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

1_zps7633270e.jpg

Remove the knobs

2_zps13b4841c.jpg

Strip

3_zps3a58499b.jpg

Cover

4_zps7ee35c94.jpg

Fans.

5_zps5eb39f41.jpg

Braid. Note. I've actually clipped down the fan with a pair of snippers and glued this braid onto the fan..

8_zpsaa44e574.jpg

Done.

9_zps7a7f8bb5.jpg

Do the other one.

11_zps84dd0397.jpg

Wire together.

12_zpsb9e158d1.jpg

Plug...

13_zps9f964442.jpg

Make extensions.

16_zps57253719.jpg

Braid.

17_zps77aec772.jpg

Fit.

18_zps5e34a242.jpg

Run wires.

19_zps33cfb0b3.jpg

And in. Can't fit the grills as they need paint and I need more screws..

20_zps25636af2.jpg

Test.

21_zpsc8613e78.jpg

22_zpsebc09b86.jpg

23_zps177e0353.jpg

More soon :)

Looking good mate, just one question, why did you decide to go passive cooling for the cpu? 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

Looking good mate, just one question, why did you decide to go passive cooling for the cpu? 

The cooler comes with it as part of the chassis. I've not yet found a way to overclock so it's fine :)

Shit's about to get serious...

acrylic_zpse1b45a0c.jpg

scoop_zps4ab88afa.jpg

satin_zpsa06869e0.jpg

isopon_zpsf81bc74b.jpg

etch_zps2adeabad.jpg

epoxy_zps68248c0e.jpg

sandpaper_zpsb3a55c25.jpg

mesh_zpsce8aabf1.jpg

Yup, that is a hood scoop.. Wait until you see what I've got planned for that ;)

As for the finish? that will remain a mystery for now. The black is only a base coat....

Josh.. Sorry man was half asleep when I typed your reply mate. The CPU is a hex core 60w that uses 0.9v. Basically it performs around 2/3 as quick as a 8320 clocked to 5ghz and screaming its nuts off, only it does it silently whilst using hardly any power. This is ideal for a workstation... To give you an idea here dude.. Basically I design and draw models for an emulator. A session can be up to 20 hours in Photoshop. I really don't need a hurricane by my side when I'm doing that :D