Zombie Mods - The TVR Sagaris.

ALXAndy

haha. A hood scoop.. :lol:

oh damn! those bits look sick! can't wait to see the product!

The build started off very slow. Mainly because it wiped me out financially for two weeks just to get the base unit in. This has given me time to think things through, which in turn has led to some really good ideas. The air scoop will be active, meaning it will have a fan in it that feeds the GPU. This will be wired to the fan controller, meaning I get full control over the intake.

Now though I'm back on my feet.. Things are about to happen :)

Atrash - yup, a hood scoop hehe. It will be grafted onto the side panel and will allow the panel to fit over the protruding GPU power wires, as well as feeding the GPU air.

I don't think I've ever seen a hood scoop modded to a PC before... Ronnie Hara did a GTR mod but only used badges :) Thing is, like in the car modding world my scoop won't just be for show. It will actually work and serve a purpose :)

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

http://www.zalman.com/global/product/Product_Read.php?Idx=475

No exactly a hood scoop it but does look like one. Maybe you can get some idea from it on how to mount the fans underneath the scoop.

I've already got ideas for the fan/s.. I'm going to use something akin to the Gelid ulra slim or the Scythe Jyu..

I'm not sure on how much room I'm going to get yet. I do have a 200mm slim Bitfenix Spectre kicking around... :D

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

ALXAndy, on 11 Mar 2014 - 6:27 PM, said:

I've already got ideas for the fan/s.. I'm going to use something akin to the Gelid ulra slim or the Scythe Jyu..

I'm not sure on how much room I'm going to get yet. I do have a 200mm slim Bitfenix Spectre kicking around... :D

I personally think that any slim fan is just a waste of space and money for a case fan,due to the lack of benificial airflow it can create. But if you can design the scoop to be properly sealed and secured to the fan, I think at least that should make the scoop some proper ventilation. How many scoops have you bought? Will you make it look like a one piece(integrated) with the sidepanel?

I personally think that any slim fan is just a waste of space and money for a case fan,due to the lack of benificial airflow it can create. But if you can design the scoop to be properly sealed and secured to the fan, I think at least that should make the scoop some proper ventilation. How many scoops have you bought? Will you make it look like a one piece(integrated) with the sidepanel?

Yes it's going to be integrated onto the panel. That's what the Isopon is for (Bondo, basically).

Morning all. Lovely bright morning :)

More good news. The Dell only has 5 SATA channels. This would normally be more than enough for any one, but this machine is going to be my OS testing machine. IE - I want to install Windows XP (done) Windows 8 (done) Windows 7 (pending) Steam OS (pending) Linux (pending) and so on. This means a lot of drives. This is why I've basically been using laptop drives, as they are nice and small. The Patriot box in the front of the rig holds two, for example.

Any way, as of right now I am all out of SATA ports. I was sitting and staring at my motherboard yesterday (as you do hehe) and I noticed it had an odd looking white slot. I refer to this one..

slotthing_zpsa7b801ba.jpg

So I did some digging through the technical manual for my PC and found out it's called a PCI-X slot and was a predecessor to PCIE. So I thought "Hmm, what goes in thee slot?" and it turns out it was designed for RAID controllers and extreme network cards. Well I've already got an Intel Extreme network card on the board so I don't need it for that.

So I decided to ask on another forum if any one had anything lying around.. Here is what I got..

2610SA_zpsfb3f6e97.jpg

An Adaptec 2610SA 6 port SATA RAID card with 64mb cache :o For free :o

So that should be here soon.. Again, I have Bit-tech to thank for donating to the cause. Without them this rig would not exist (well, about half of it any way).

Not terribly exciting, unless you're like Alpen and I and like your tech pron. I absolutely love anything Adaptec make. Their SCSI cards in the late 90s were just drool worthy. Mind you, when you think that the card above had a £400 price tag just two years ago you tend to realise their stuff doesn't come cheap.

this is gonna look so sick! load up those OS' man! itching to see how this all turns out, i estimate my rig will be done in 3 months, just need to add various bits and bobs (2x R9 290's  B) ) next stop 1000W psu ¬.¬

OMG guys.. Some one has offered me a free H100 :D

WHAT........ i have the intel mounting hardware for the H100I if you want it xD

but gratz

So do I ;)

It shouldn't need any mounting hardware. The Dell has four posts that are mounted to the case that come through the board and poke out. If it fits it will just fit, if not then it's Dremel time lol.

So do I ;)

It shouldn't need any mounting hardware. The Dell has four posts that are mounted to the case that come through the board and poke out. If it fits it will just fit, if not then it's Dremel time lol.

OOH OOH i'll donate you a dual pack of SP120 QE's if you want, for the rad :D

No need mate. I have two Nidec fans that came with the case. If you didn't know who Nidec were then basically they are similar to Delta. Very expensive, very large motored fans. They can shift 150 CFM. That's 150 cubic feet of air a minute. Sick... :D

Now I need to start saving. I need to buy six identical SATA laptop drives..

No need mate. I have two Nidec fans that came with the case. If you didn't know who Nidec were then basically they are similar to Delta. Very expensive, very large motored fans. They can shift 150 CFM. That's 150 cubic feet of air a minute. Sick... :D

Now I need to start saving. I need to buy six identical SATA laptop drives..

150!?!? holy mother of fans! i'm assuming theyre quite loud? what RPM do they spin at? also you may want to take into consideration the static pressure capability of them, if you plan on mounting them to the rad

You can donate them to me? :D

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

You can donate them to me? :D

you're is AUS though... i aint paying for that shipping xD since andy is in sussex, it's not half way accross the planet, only a hundred miles or so ^^

150!?!? holy mother of fans! i'm assuming theyre quite loud? what RPM do they spin at? also you may want to take into consideration the static pressure capability of them, if you plan on mounting them to the rad

These fans are the best on the market dude. Look at the price of them..

http://www.ecrater.co.uk/p/7617875/genuine-dell-xps-410-front-case?gps=1

Suffice to say that they will demolish any fan. The only issue is noise. They are literally scary. Thankfully I have full control over them so I basically choose my SP, choose my CFM and choose my noise level :)

you're is AUS though... i aint paying for that shipping xD since andy is in sussex, it's not half way accross the planet, only a hundred miles or so ^^

Would consider paying shipping...hahaha

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

shipping would probs cost more than the fans themselves :L

also holy damng they are some expensive fans!!! O.o

are you still willing to donate them? ^_^

If you have too many of them, id gladly pay for shipping

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

are you still willing to donate them? ^_^

If you have too many of them, id gladly pay for shipping

i was gonna buy some for andy, to put on the rad, as i don't have ANY myself, since he doesnt need them i will find something else i can put towards this monster

i was gonna buy some for andy, to put on the rad, as i don't have ANY myself, since he doesnt need them i will find something else i can put towards this monster

Aaah. Thought you had them and didnt need them :)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

can never have too many fans B)

until they have no more mount points. Even ghetto mounts xD