Zombie Mods - The TVR Sagaris.

ALXAndy

Front ender. The guy I bought it from hit a deer, smashed a big dent into the front of it then let it sit in a barn for over two years.

I paid $900 for the car (98 Tiburon 48k miles) it was worth over $6k.

Are you secretly Ed from Wheeler Dealers?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Are you secretly Ed from Wheeler Dealers?

No, but I used to hang out with him ! (that's true, BTW).

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

going to be fucking amazing!!!!!  :)

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

ALXAndy the DIY Master Builder.

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

I wish you would do a giveaway on your builds but i understand if you cant, such things just cant be given away.

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Wow, i love your approach to building a PC

Leave no stone unturned....

I think some one on Bit Tech summed it up the best...

I've never seen a modder that makes things so difficult for themselves, if there is anyone that can take totally incompatible parts and beat them into submission until they work together, it has to be you cooldude.gif

"If I had a formula for bypassing trouble, I would not pass it round. Trouble creates a capacity to handle it. I don't embrace trouble; that's as bad as treating it as an enemy. But I do say meet it as a friend, for you'll see a lot of it and had better be on speaking terms with it".

-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

More filler..

1.jpg

Here's a tip. Stop every so often and get out a small paint brush to remove the sanding dust. It's a lot easier if you can see what you are doing..

2.jpg

Getting there...

3.jpg

Wet sand.

4.jpg

And that ought to do it..

5.jpg

Couple of notes for today.

Firstly it seems that this panel is not milled. It is press stamped, which explains why the hole is such a whore to fill. Basically the edges of the hole are protruded, meaning they stick out over the top of the flat part. This means I can not fill it flush. Thus, I either smash it in with a hammer then skim the lot (which would likely destroy it) or, I create a film of filler over the entire area then feather the edges in and get it as smooth as I can which is what I've done. I put a test piece of the covering on it and it seems you can't see any dips which is cool.

So, I'm hoping to pop over my mum's and put down the last coat of primer and the black. I just need it black now....

OK second and last update for the day as football is starting and my tummy is rumbling which means it's pizza day, yay !

Any way, I decided to go over to mum's. I'm kinda tired and it was all a bit spur of the moment but hey, gotta be done. Noticed a really nice old car parked in front of ours so I got a pic :)

6.jpg

Yes I live 150ft from the beach :D Any way, had to stop off at B&Q before we left..

7.jpg

Because I basically needed these...

8.jpg

These will be used later.. OK work time. Get out the front panel.

9.jpg

And hit the back with plenty of paint.

10.jpg

Remember these?

12.jpg

OK I'm not gonna lie I was lazy with these and didn't prep or sand them. This is really naughty, but, so long as the paint stuck they will never get knocked or abused so I did cut corners..

13.jpg

It's all good. No reactions and they covered nicely :)

In the interim I finished priming the front panel.

14.jpg

Then shot it with the first coat of black. Note, in most of the pics the paint will be wet !

15.jpg

Then the fan grills...

16.jpg

Wait to dry, flip repeat..Yawn.. OK, three coats later...

17.jpg

And it was time to box up and come home again :)

18.jpg

I really shouldn't have done this yet but this was my little treat for rushing around all morning..

19.jpg

And..

20.jpg

Right. I'm off to watch football and stuff my face with greasy pepperoni pizza !

Techgasm!

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

ALXAndy, on 15 Mar 2014 - 11:04 PM, said:

-snip-

Tomorrow's games are the must watch. Spurs vs Arsenal and Liverpool vs United ;)

Tomorrow's games are the must watch. Spurs vs Arsenal and Liverpool vs United ;)

I'm not watching Spurs vs Arsenal. We're (Spurs) going to lose as we've been terrible lately and I would rather remove my eyelids with hot knives than watch losing to the Gooners......

ALXAndy, on 16 Mar 2014 - 12:12 AM, said:ALXAndy, on 16 Mar 2014 - 12:12 AM, said:

I'm not watching Spurs vs Arsenal. We're (Spurs) going to lose as we've been terrible lately and I would rather remove my eyelids with hot knives than watch losing to the Gooners......

Don't be too hard on yourself man. I'm a United supporter and we're below you guys 5pts. Haha even shittier. The Liverpool fans are going to go absolute mental (they always do here) if United do lose tomorrow. To them beating their rival is better than winning the EPL trophy LOL.

There are ups and downs in football. Let's just hope the team will start playing better football or I sincerely hope those clowns on the field will be sold before next season.

Edit: Arsenal fans are also one of the worse here..I hate them. Ozil where? LOL

Don't be too hard on yourself man. I'm a United supporter

and i like you xD

Andy, excelent paintjob :D

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Sweet lord that is sexy  :wub:

It's not had any laquer yet ;)

A day of wiring, and wiring, then rewiring.

So now that I have a fan controller on the PC I have noticed that running the Lighting fans (non pwm so not controllable) was starting to do my head in. So I removed the card, fitted a plug and wired it to the fan controller.

1_zps53a40e91.jpg

Solder..

2_zps98d8fbf7.jpg

Braid.

3_zps1ef6e0f7.jpg

Then I noticed the IO box on the Soundblaster wasn't working... I investigated and realised that a molex had unplugged itself. First job then was to cable tie them together so it couldn't come off again.. Then the sound card worked again properly so I tied all the wiring up.. Then I decided it would be fun to see what sort of clocks I could get out of the Lightning so I installed a few benchmarks (results to come soon). But all wasn't well. If I ran Catzilla the PC would reboot during the arithmetic tests. Then I ran 3dmark 11 and it rebooted during Graphics test 2.. Not good !!

After a couple of hours of investigating I realised that I had a fan controller, IO box *and* the Lightning's memory phase (6 pin) running from four wires. I couldn't quite see how this would cause the card to reboot the PC under load given it was for the memory only and I hadn't touched that, but I knew I had to try and do something....

Cue a four hour exercise of ripping out all of the wiring I had already had out and starting a new rail on the power supply (I had some spare 12v+ lines left from the second 8 pin EPS I removed...).

Any way, after a lot of soldering I got the PC stable through the tests. I also hit 860mhz on the GPU with stock volts which I was really happy about, it seems this card may like to clock :)

Nothing much to see really, given it looks the same as it always did....

Tomorrow I should get the H100, then the fun can begin all over again :D

Morning guys and girls. I didn't do anything yesterday as I was at the hospital with my lady. Nothing serious, and the end results were good.. Any way, I decided to post a morning update for you guys...

So yesterday morning my A3 sheet of black acrylic came. Today I will most probably be making things. I also have a solid theme plan for the build now. The colour I used for the front (and now the drive covers and more stuff later on) is a colour used on my favourite car ever, the TVR Griffith 500. So I have decided to theme the PC on this car :) As such I will be ordering genuine TVR badges for the build.

I am also hoping that the H100 comes today too, as it is supposed to be out for delivery today (though I am using a very bleak courier so in reality I genuinely don't know). I also received a card from my postman last week to say that something that was sent to me needed a fine paid as the shipper did not pay enough postage. No idea if this is a PC part or unrelated but whatever it is it is being delivered today. Could be the bonnet scoop, could be the surplus GPU fans, could just be a letter or something. Will update later :)

So the main job for today is the main cover panel to hide basically all of the wiring. Watch this space guys, and have a great day :)

The beast gets its bonnet at long last.....

OK guys so my sheet plastic arrived this morning. Here is the rig with the bonnet off...

1_zps669f74d1.jpg

As you can see there's clearly a lot going on under the hood that I don't want on view. So it was time to create a bonnet.. Two notes here -

1. The bonnet will be clear coated to make it shine.

2. I am going to hand paint the silver case parts that are visible.

OK,  So I planned out my bonnet and took a pile of measurements, then I glued down some paper as the acrylic's sheet was  clear so no good for mapping on..

2_zpsa65a7b76.jpg

Once it was mapped out properly I went to cut it..

3_zps9438be9e.jpg

Then drew out the dinoc I needed..

4_zps7098b2c7.jpg

Then covered it.

5_zpsc301c6fc.jpg

Then I hit a snag. Basically the case has an intrusion switch that is mounted to a piece of metal that sticks out over my bonnet's mounting height. I wasn't happy about this so I cut it off...

6_zps373b880d.jpg

And now my bonnet will mount flat. However, I then had the issue of this fucking intrusion switch and how it would nag me every time I boot unless I wired it shut. So I took it out, cut it down and stripped the wires.

7_zpsfab6f299.jpg

Then joined them up.

8_zps6044eb05.jpg

And put some heat shrink over them to cover the join.

9_zps345cb65c.jpg

And put it back in. Now I could mount my bonnet.

10_zps202edf3c.jpg

Fuckin' killer..

11_zpsa4e3ebba.jpg

More soon :)