Zombie Mods - The TVR Sagaris.

ALXAndy

Oooooh yes :-D subbed and veeeery interested ;)

Insert disgunbegood.gif

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Just got a text message update. The chassis is coming tomorrow, not Friday. This is great but slightly irritating as I've had to ditch plans.

Still, all being well I will have it here tomorrow. Once I get it in my mitts I can start planning :)

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Take many many pictures :D and good luck

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Thanks Luka ! much appreciated old chap. OK so early morning update. I've had a cup of coffee now :D

DPD are delivering the case (John to be exact) between 3 and 4 pm. Ugh, it's gonna be a long day..

I only just realised that the Dell is nowhere near as big as I anticipated. Why I didn't look at the dimensions (haha, Dimension, that wasn't even intentional (Dell, Dimension.. Groan !) is a mystery yet the case only has two 5.25 expansion bays which means my 120mm intake idea could be scuppered. I don't know for sure yet, but, the case only measures 44cm high. I am both really happy about this yet at the same time a bit nervous. I am obviously going to need to rethink the front intake situation !

I am most probably (like 99% certain) going to need to remove the hard drive door thing. Apparently if you use a GPU with the power plugs where they are usually found on a desktop GPU they hit the door, preventing it from closing. Also, due to the extra 1" or so that the Lightning stands up over the top of the PCI plate (it has a larger PCB) I am also most probably going to have to lose the plastic retention mechanism that holds the GPUs down. Again I am not sure if this can be modded or will have to go completely.

Now hopefully I can just mod the hard drive carrier so that it only carries one hdd. I would like to keep it in if I'm honest.

I've also been thinking about the silver metal innards of the chassis. Obviously painting them is an option but would require a complete and total strip down of the computer. I know people rag on Dell for being shit but I can promise you now, they know how to make a fuckin' PC. I can bet you there's a thousand parts each of which are all over engineered like balls. I once thought about painting the internals of my Area 51 ALX. Note - once being the operative word here. When I took account of what it actually involved I shit myself a little and decided it was probably best not to.

I've spent the morning watching videos on wrapping small curved objects. This one in particular stands out to me and I think it will be very helpful. What I do need to do is find out the memory point of Dinoc. The memory point is the temperature where the plastic in the vinyl loses its memory and thus can retain its position without wanting to return to shape. This is vital on very tight curves because if you don't do it then they will start pulling tight. Not good !!

Any way, I leave you with this video to watch and will be back later ;)

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

i'm all excited! :D :D :D :D

Me too man ! I got a delivery from the postman with enough ECC memory in to test fire the rig too !!

Me too man ! I got a delivery from the postman with enough ECC memory in to test fire the rig too !!

nice!!! i have to do rework for my apprenticeship today doing a "personal development plan" lol so boring

You know anything about virtual servers / backup servers need to do it for actual work 3 year disaster recovery plan 

nice!!! i have to do rework for my apprenticeship today doing a "personal development plan" lol so boring

You know anything about virtual servers / backup servers need to do it for actual work 3 year disaster recovery plan 

No. LOL you've got me there I know nothing much about servers and business deployment !

oh god it's horrible we have to figure out how to run a mirror server which is a secondary backup server that can be switched to the main if the main servers are destroyed. SO CONFUSING ARGH

also i bet it's killing you waiting for that chassis :P

Thanks Luka ! much appreciated old chap. OK so early morning update. I've had a cup of coffee now :D

DPD are delivering the case (John to be exact) between 3 and 4 pm. Ugh, it's gonna be a long day..

I only just realised that the Dell is nowhere near as big as I anticipated. Why I didn't look at the dimensions (haha, Dimension, that wasn't even intentional (Dell, Dimension.. Groan !) is a mystery yet the case only has two 5.25 expansion bays which means my 120mm intake idea could be scuppered. I don't know for sure yet, but, the case only measures 44cm high. I am both really happy about this yet at the same time a bit nervous. I am obviously going to need to rethink the front intake situation !

I am most probably (like 99% certain) going to need to remove the hard drive door thing. Apparently if you use a GPU with the power plugs where they are usually found on a desktop GPU they hit the door, preventing it from closing. Also, due to the extra 1" or so that the Lightning stands up over the top of the PCI plate (it has a larger PCB) I am also most probably going to have to lose the plastic retention mechanism that holds the GPUs down. Again I am not sure if this can be modded or will have to go completely.

Now hopefully I can just mod the hard drive carrier so that it only carries one hdd. I would like to keep it in if I'm honest.

I've also been thinking about the silver metal innards of the chassis. Obviously painting them is an option but would require a complete and total strip down of the computer. I know people rag on Dell for being shit but I can promise you now, they know how to make a fuckin' PC. I can bet you there's a thousand parts each of which are all over engineered like balls. I once thought about painting the internals of my Area 51 ALX. Note - once being the operative word here. When I took account of what it actually involved I shit myself a little and decided it was probably best not to.

I've spent the morning watching videos on wrapping small curved objects. This one in particular stands out to me and I think it will be very helpful. What I do need to do is find out the memory point of Dinoc. The memory point is the temperature where the plastic in the vinyl loses its memory and thus can retain its position without wanting to return to shape. This is vital on very tight curves because if you don't do it then they will start pulling tight. Not good !!

Any way, I leave you with this video to watch and will be back later ;)

Heh anytime mate, your projects really inspire me to do something with the time i have haha. So it should be me thanking you :)

Anyhow, have you thought of making your own front, making it of mesh? Ot maybe like the corsair xxxD cases have it, with a smooth front and vent holes on the edges :)

Oh this video is awesome. Will help me too, when i start the actual build since it will have 2 tricky corners...

Thanks again for these awesome projects haha ^_^

*Stealthily walks in*

cpuid.jpg

yay.jpg

ab.jpg

*disappears again*..............................

I will be back.......

Awesome!!! :D

• Cooler Master Storm Enforcer
  • I7 3770K @ Stock
  • Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
  • AMD Radeon R9 290
  • Cooler Master Hyper 212+
  • 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 
  • 2x 1tb WD Green Drives (RAID 1)
  • 256gb Samsung 840
  • Peripherals
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Core
  • Ducky Shine 3 - Blue LED, Brown Switches
  • Samsung SyncMaster 2443
  • Custom Mousepad http://imgur.com/xJWASQM
  • Logitech G35
  • Altec Lansing Octane 7

Right I've had the most hectic day and as usual, it didn't all go to plan. I don't have time to explain it all now 'cos I just wolfed down my dinner and had the fastest bath I could before the football game.

I don't know if you've ever seen Hannibal... There's a bit where he tapes up a dude, balances him on a balcony and says "What do you prefer? out or in?..... Let me decide.. Out".

And he cuts open his stomach and all of his intestines fall out.

Well that's what my desk looks like right now. The machine literally has its guts all hanging out....

oh yes, @ALXAndy any pics of the beauty? (you should do the machete scene where he swings over a balcony on some badguys guts ;) )

oh yes, @ALXAndy any pics of the beauty? (you should do the machete scene where he swings over a balcony on some badguys guts ;) )

Trust me dude, right now you don't want to see it.

When it arrived I had a look over the wiring loom and it seems it's wired up very differently to the Aurora that the PSU is also found in. It has a poxy pair of 6 pin PCIE plugs and that was it. Thankfully I made up that dual molex - 6 pin but what would you know? it only has one fucking molex FFS.

So not only did I need to de-pin the secondary EPS (I won't be running dual CPUs so it was a non issue but took loads of time !) and then solder four grounds on but I also had to use one of those leftover molex runs from the dead PSU (that Silverpower) and solder that on too.

Right now it has no front, no sides and the entire loom is hanging out of the side. But it fires and I've installed 7 pro on it and it all runs as it should.

At first I was kinda pissed by the state of the case. They told me it was "As good as new" yet I found a good few scuffs on it. Then I found a Windows 7 pro X64 COA lmao so hey, can't argue with that. The COA alone is worth over half what I paid for the whole thing.

I'll get some pics in the morning. Right now I'm absolutely beat. I've been up since 7am and today is 'my day' which means I cook dinner, take out all the rubbish and god knows what else. I've had to fit that into tinkering which means I've literally been running up and down the flat for most of the day lol.

Haha get some rest mate :)

Morning all. Quick update.

I have a busy day today so I will be tied up until around 1pm. No photos as of yet I'm afraid but there will be I promise.

I have made some plans for the inside and think it will look good. I will talk more about this later when I put up some pics.

There are a few minor scuffs around the case. Nothing that some cutting compound should not remove completely. The front panel is really rather interesting though. I was expecting plastic as the desktop variants of this machine have plastic fronts. But no. The front is actually milled from a solid slab of aluminium. It's very heavy.. Due to this I am looking into my options but want something custom. I won't be replacing the front. I can't, because Dell have fitted it with a string of diagnostic LEDs that tell you what the rig is doing (it's very clever really).

For now though I will be working on the interior. I don't need to braid and awful lot because most of it is hidden any way (like the 24 pin and 8 pin EPS). I do need to braid two 6 pin PCIE though and a few SATA. This shouldn't be too hard but hey, never underestimate a mod !!

I will see you guys in a few hours with some photos. Gotta say though, the bios on this thing is by far and away the best bios I have ever used. It's absolutely fantastic !

Doorbell just went..

eccram.jpg

Lots and lots of memory. Like a whole shit tonne lmao.

bonk

i dont have the memory the remember all that memory :( 

also 2k posts :D 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

i dont have the memory the remember all that memory :( 

also 2k posts :D

refer to my new display pic for response to this post

also gratz

osla i forgot.... that is...... alot of memory