Zombie Mods - The TVR Sagaris.

ALXAndy

It's not called being a little shithead it's called expressing opinions.

but sometimes opinions are best no expressed

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Look dude I didn't say I wanted it to be that but it just doesn't look that good to me. Wait I forgot I can't express anything on this site without receiving hate.

You're perfectly welcome to your opinion and, perfectly welcome to express it here. If you don't like it that's perfectly fine. However, it's far from finished.

I'm not the guy that fucks around for hours with Sketchup and god knows what else to show people how things are going to look. In fact, that would have been almost impossible for me given that most of the parts did not exist when the build began. It's like walking in on a car manufacturer and looking at a shell with no paint on it and all odd coloured panels.

But if you think you know what it will look like when it's done and you don't like it? hey, it is what it is. 

Any way, enough of this gay banter, back to the build.

OK. So today I fitted the H100 permanently :) First up was assembly of my radiator mod.

1.jpg

That's it there. 120-92mm duct converter with 92mm Nidec fan and a 120mm Nidec. I will be using Speedfan or something on these but TBH the basic Dell config is fine. They are very quiet..

So in went the rad.

2.jpg

And fit the pump/block.

3.jpg

And put the bonnet back on.

4.jpg

And then the acid test....

temps.jpg

PMSL :D

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

@ALXAndy tested it with any games yet? i wonder how a unbranded/unsupported cpu would preform

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

@ALXAndy tested it with any games yet? i wonder how a unbranded/unsupported cpu would preform

Yup I played Crysis 2 Maximum Ed on it yesterday with all of the high res textures and so on. Runs awesome. I've been benching it pretty hard too, so I'll post up those results at some point too :)

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Hey Andy, I wonder, how much room do you reckon you'll have in this bit of the case?

qp0GSOb.jpg

I'm curious because right now that's a lot of empty space, there's also nothing that looks particularly interesting there on the mobo either.  So I was thinking you could maybe make an acrylic bracket for the H100 it put it there facing the side panel?  You could then simply make an attractive vent right there in the panel.

Just thinking as the current placement is really throwing me thanks to the slant, just seems messy compared with the rest.  Not a huge fan of the wiring colours myself, but that's just personal preference.  Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.  Been thrown into a similar situation actually, want to make a small open bench for reviewing fans and radiators, basically need a heat dump (and don't want to spend on a new rig for it either).  A 480 seems like quite a good idea for it, 22 pins be cookin'.

Finished Projects: Loramentum, VesperModerne, ExsectusAetos

Current Project: Parvum Argentum

Maki. Glad you've raised the empty space point. You may have noticed that I fitted a Dell CERC 6 port PCIX raid card. That wasn't fitted just for the fun of it.

Basically it has an Adaptec chip on it with three RAID controllers capable of running 6 drives striped. So, the area that you see that is empty will hold a custom made acrylic hard drive rack and in there will go six identical 2.5" drives which will then be ran in RAID (striped) and will become the machine's main storage block. This is why I fitted and wired the two 80mm fans, as these will be the cooling for it which will stop the drives overheating and failing.

Because this is a workstation (it seems a few people don't quite grasp what that means) it needs fast storage for video capture and so on. So the RAID stripe should absolutely rip.

As for the H100? it's not finished. It will have a carbon wrapped cover over it. I also need to mod the existing hard drive carrier too.

Right I installed and benched Dirt 3 for you :) max settings, 8xmsaa.

d3bench.jpg

Not a bad minimum FPS there. Seems this old dog can piss with the new ones :D

Right. Slight update tonight. Earlier I cut down the hard drive holder so that pretty much all of it is invisible (as much as I structurally could, any way) so that all you see are the three hard drives. Pretty pleased, though everything smells like metal now because I got my fair share up my nose :D

Tomorrow I will be working on, and probably completing, the H100 covers. They will be carbon covered.

Just trying to locate six 2.5" drives now, so have been putting out Ebay offers etc.

Right I installed and benched Dirt 3 for you :) max settings, 8xmsaa.

Not a bad minimum FPS there. Seems this old dog can piss with the new ones :D

Right. Slight update tonight. Earlier I cut down the hard drive holder so that pretty much all of it is invisible (as much as I structurally could, any way) so that all you see are the three hard drives. Pretty pleased, though everything smells like metal now because I got my fair share up my nose :D

Tomorrow I will be working on, and probably completing, the H100 covers. They will be carbon covered.

Just trying to locate six 2.5" drives now, so have been putting out Ebay offers etc.

Is that at 1080p?

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

Is that at 1080p?

No. It's 1440x900. The rig will eventually be used on a 1280x1024 monitor. Honestly, I really think an awful, awful lot of people have completely missed the brief on this one.

They also don't seem to realise that this is my third rig. In one of my rigs I run a 8320 @ 4.3ghz with GTX 670 SLI and the other one runs a 8320 @ 4.9ghz with a overclocked 7990, PCIE SSDs and god knows what else :D

It's a workstation man. It will be used to run emulators that were created between 2001 and 2006, when coding ceased. Well, that and photoshop and video editing (what a workstation is usually for :D )

I won't be playing any games on it once its done. I'm building it to be quiet and use less power than my other two gaming rigs, which are both nuclear power plants.

OK update. I want to come a little bit (not all !) clean about what's going on with this project. At the very beginning I had a somewhat solid plan of what I wanted to do with it, yet, at that time I wasn't even sure the materials to make it how I wanted it were even available to the general public. Well, not without spending £300 on HOK (House of Kolor) paint.

Right now all I am going to say is that the build is to be based on a car. Which car? I still can't decide, but, I have decided on the manufacturer. So I won't divulge who it is yet (Luka keep quiet !) but yes, the project is going to be based on a car and will feature graphics, badges and logos. The only hint I will give away is that the front panel (the one with the colour changing paint on) is a hint. It's a hint because the manufacturer of this car offered it in the exact same specific colour I have painted the front panel, and I mean *exactly*. The front panel colour was not an idea I just had it was something I planned from the very beginning.

OK. So now I have covered that I want to cover something else. Criticism. I'm all well and good with people voicing their opinions. I really am. However, at the same fucking time I'm not stupid. As in, I have an IQ of well over 150. As such don't fucking come into my thread and say "This is my opinion" and then say something nasty. I could call your mother a whore, then say "Well it's only my opinion !". There is no excuse for being an asshole, and no word on the end of it will make it any different. Wait until the fucking thing is finished then if you see any flaws in the workmanship speak up. If not? if you don't like the colour of the braids? I don't really care. This is *my* build and my hard work and what *I* want to see from it.

Right, now we've covered that let's get on with the build. Today I started making the endless amount of cover panels this rig will be getting. Think of the inside of the rig as an engine bay. Then think of the GPU as the engine. The only thing left on view will be the GPU. Nothing else. So how the H100 is mounted and is tilted and god knows what the fuck else doesn't matter. You simply won't see it, all you will see is the GPU and the three SSDs. Those are the ECU, the GPU is the engine.

Here are the plans for two of the covers I made this morning.

1.jpg

Which I duly went and cut.

2.jpg

OK as you can see one of them is a funny shape with a round part cut into it. Covering this is not quite as easy as covering a straight panel so it needs to be covered like this.

4.jpg

Then relief cuts.. You need a good few of these.

5.jpg

And then out with the heat gun to soften the dinoc and cover.

6.jpg

And fit.

8.jpg

OK so that's another one in. The bottom one needs some standoffs which I still need to make.

OK. So now I have covered that I want to cover something else. Criticism. I'm all well and good with people voicing their opinions. I really am. However, at the same fucking time I'm not stupid. As in, I have an IQ of well over 150. As such don't fucking come into my thread and say "This is my opinion" and then say something nasty. I could call your mother a whore, then say "Well it's only my opinion !". There is no excuse for being an asshole, and no word on the end of it will make it any different. Wait until the fucking thing is finished then if you see any flaws in the workmanship speak up. If not? if you don't like the colour of the braids? I don't really care. This is *my* build and my hard work and what *I* want to see from it.

Was that really necessary Andy?  The whole point about posting up a WIP build log is so that the community can both follow and interact with the project.  Expect people not to like things and voice it (even if it's bloody rude like that comment earlier), people point out flaws in everything at every step.  Heck in my own build I'm doing atm I must have had a good 15-20 people say that the motherboard is the wrong way round or that it will boil itself, all because they didn't read the description and only saw a rig in a suitcase (rather than something meant to be wall mounted).  I've heavily planned everything, but thanks to sharing, I've come across some really great ideas from others that are much better than the ones I had initally.

That aside, the cooler situation looks much better now with the blanking plate (not to mention all those SSDs).  Are you doing something similar with the ODD bay sides too?

Finished Projects: Loramentum, VesperModerne, ExsectusAetos

Current Project: Parvum Argentum

Was that really necessary Andy?  The whole point about posting up a WIP build log is so that the community can both follow and interact with the project.  Expect people not to like things and voice it (even if it's bloody rude like that comment earlier), people point out flaws in everything at every step.  Heck in my own build I'm doing atm I must have had a good 15-20 people say that the motherboard is the wrong way round or that it will boil itself, all because they didn't read the description and only saw a rig in a suitcase (rather than something meant to be wall mounted).  I've heavily planned everything, but thanks to sharing, I've come across some really great ideas from others that are much better than the ones I had initally.

That aside, the cooler situation looks much better now with the blanking plate (not to mention all those SSDs).  Are you doing something similar with the ODD bay sides too?

I'm a bit annoyed is all. As I pointed out, there's no excuse for all out rudeness. Which of course, at no point was I referring to you.

I'm not a fan of couch critics. I find myself irritated by them.

Everything will be covered mate. I mean, everything. I don't know if you saw my last build (The Dark Carnival) but yes, this rig will continue on in that ilk and all you will see at the end is the GPU.

The drive bay needs to be covered which means removing the blue plastic part. That will be painted :) however, it's incredibly fiddly and if I break it the bottom cover panel for the front will not stay in. I've just been avoiding it for now is all. I mean, I've had to rewire and solder a good 60% of the power supply as it did not fit my needs when I got it. The PSU itself is absolutely fine (875w 80+ silver) but the loom is completely different to the one the Alienware uses (same PSU). What I should have done was just bought an Alienware loom and rewired it all but hey, hindsight is a bitch right :D

I still have an awful, awful lot left to do. It's like Umbra on BT pointed out I don't do things that are easy. He's right, I find no satisfaction in taking a case with perfect cable management and putting together lego (because basically that's what a normal build entails.).

I've still yet to laquer the front panel. I've still yet to fit the logos, badges, serial numbers... Jesus, it's actually quite scary how much is left to do. I don't have the six matching HDDs yet either and it will take me a while to save up for those... But yeah, I'll get there in the end :)

One thing at a time :)

OK guys, it's time I came clean.

I've always had a theme in mind for this project from the very beginning but I just wasn't sure I could pull it off. Any way, I love TVRs. I just love the fact that they're an engine with a frame wrapped around them that would kill you no sooner look at you. I love the Sagaris and I love the colours TVR painted them but I wasn't sure I could get it right. So I just used The Beast as sort of a code name. Any way, I've been secretly beavering away on this with a picture in my mind of how I want it to look, now I'm sure :)

logodone.jpg

I'll let the photos do the talking :) Here is how it is looking now. Basically the GPU is going to b the engine, the drives on display the ECU.

1.jpg

I'm still far from finished in there, but I'm at the point where I feel I can pull off the theme of the car and do it justice. The bottom panel is now in, I've still got several to make.

This morning I got out some graphics I have made out of gold carbon. My knife skills are definitely improving !

2.jpg

You'll also note the TVR gearstick logos...

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Obviously all of these parts need to be laquered yet to a high shine. I've been talking to a TVR parts dealer and will be making an order on Tuesday, but, just as a teaser this will adorn the front panel.

tvrbadge.jpg

More to come soon :)

I've always had a theme in mind for this project from the very beginning but I just wasn't sure I could pull it off. Any way, I love TVRs. I just love the fact that they're an engine with a frame wrapped around them that would kill you no sooner look at you. I love the Sagaris and I love the colours TVR painted them but I wasn't sure I could get it right. So I just used The Beast as sort of a code name. Any way, I've been secretly beavering away on this with a picture in my mind of how I want it to look, now I'm sure :)

logodone.jpg

I'll let the photos do the talking :) Here is how it is looking now. Basically the GPU is going to b the engine, the drives on display the ECU.

1.jpg

I'm still far from finished in there, but I'm at the point where I feel I can pull off the theme of the car and do it justice. The bottom panel is now in, I've still got several to make.

This morning I got out some graphics I have made out of gold carbon. My knife skills are definitely improving !

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Obviously all of these parts need to be laquered yet to a high shine. I've been talking to a TVR parts dealer and will be making an order on Tuesday, but, just as a teaser this will adorn the front panel.

tvrbadge.jpg

That surprised me but this all looks so fantastic. Good work!

U FOKEN WUT M8 ILL REK U M8 ILL BEAT UR ASS ACROSS THE PLANET ANS THEN SELL YOU TO THE MAFIA WHERE THEY WILL MAKE YOU THIER BITCH U FGT

That surprised me but this all looks so fantastic. Good work!

Thanks. This is the part where everything I do will make a big visual difference. Up until now it's pretty much all been wiring, painting fitting things that really shouldn't fit etc.

I'm currently putting an order together with a TVR parts dealer. Some of this stuff is absolutely gorgeous :)

This is seriously slick for a workstation. Reminds me of back in the day's where we only had boring cases to work with. Happy to c somebody has skills these day's. 
Keep it up. looking very good. i wish i was as creative with stuff as you r.

Ahhhhh! The TVR Sagaris, what a car! Had the privileg to see one get driven hard over the Nordschleife, what a sound! 

And the build, so far, lives up to that car!

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

logodone.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

tvrbadge.jpg

Gimme!! :'(

tumblr_mhpwu3O1TR1ribnwko1_250.gif

P.S Nice touch with the Pearlescent on the front cover..

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Gimme!! :'(

tumblr_mhpwu3O1TR1ribnwko1_250.gif

P.S Nice touch with the Pearlescent on the front cover..

It's full flip dude, gold to red. :)

If you look at the hard drive covers you can see the full red, once the light hits it goes gold :)

Morning guys !

So this morning I got another surprise. A friend said he was sending me 'something' but I had no idea what it was. Postman arrived...

drives.jpg

hehehe well pleased. 320gb drive and 120gb SSD. That means two more operating systems to go on :D

Morning guys !

So this morning I got another surprise. A friend said he was sending me 'something' but I had no idea what it was. Postman arrived...

drives.jpg

hehehe well pleased. 320gb drive and 120gb SSD. That means two more operating systems to go on :D

I wish my friends gave me ssd's :(

"if by "bass" you mean wet farts then yes, those are the razer crapkens"

I wish my friends gave me ssd's :(

I wish i even have a friend

Darkness+2+was+a+game+i+nearly+had+non+s

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Today has been a good day. Very productive ! Don't have any pics for you guys but they will be here tomorrow :)

Basically I replaced the 8gb SSD with the 128gb one and installed Windows 7, setting it up in my boot menu. I also made a hard drive box that can hold six more drives out of nothing but an old power supply shell and I'm bloody thrilled with it, it looks totally boss.

Pics tomorrow :)

Today has been a good day. Very productive ! Don't have any pics for you guys but they will be here tomorrow :)

Basically I replaced the 8gb SSD with the 128gb one and installed Windows 7, setting it up in my boot menu. I also made a hard drive box that can hold six more drives out of nothing but an old power supply shell and I'm bloody thrilled with it, it looks totally boss.

Pics tomorrow :)

Nice, can't wait, I've been following since the i9 steambox and its nice to see how its progressed etc :)

Also, what happened to the colossus? Was that finished because I can't seem to find the topic :/

Intel i7 4770k @4.5ghz, Asus Maximus VI Formula, Asus Geforce GTX 780, Corsair h100i, Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb, WD Black 1tb, Corsair 750D, Corsair AX860i w/ Sleeved Cables.

I rarely leave the build logs section.